Overclockable Kernels up to 1.6 ghz and Voodoo!!!!

Gitykins

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Most advanced kernel available right now is 1.2 low voltage. However, JT's 1.2 kernel is 1325 mV (higher than stock) and is the most stable.

The 1.4 and 1.6 kernels reported 1.4 and 1.6 respectively but didn't clock correctly and thus reported incorrect data.

JT's 1.2 - 1200_interactive_bfq.zip

Just flash with CWM

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
IMO, the performance benefit with OC is not really worth the risk. We have no direct way to measure CPU temperature, and there is no ventilation on the phone. It's very easy to kill a chip like that.

I've been working with Dirrk and JT since day 1, and I can tell you Voodoo is 99% of the way there (at least lagfix). This is a true lagfix, unlike RyanZA's method. This is where you'll see the greatest performance increase.

JT has a great new function that he ported from the Droid 1 where you can dynamically change the OC values. If you really have to use an OC kernel, I would recommend that one so that you can go back to stock with a simple change of a config file, and not having to reflash.

saps

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
IMO, the performance benefit with OC is not really worth the risk. We have no direct way to measure CPU temperature, and there is no ventilation on the phone. It's very easy to kill a chip like that.

I've been working with Dirrk and JT since day 1, and I can tell you Voodoo is 99% of the way there (at least lagfix). This is a true lagfix, unlike RyanZA's method. This is where you'll see the greatest performance increase.

JT has a great new function that he ported from the Droid 1 where you can dynamically change the OC values. If you really have to use an OC kernel, I would recommend that one so that you can go back to stock with a simple change of a config file, and not having to reflash.

Now that is exciting news. 99% done one voodoo lag fix :D and back to stock without reflashing; very nice

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

I agree. It sounds like the opening story for a slew of new problematic threads.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting patiently... once it is all good, I will get Clockwork on the phone and start flashing again.

Will their eventually be a way to get clockwork recovery on the phone without Odin? I have not bothered at this point.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not familiar with either of these :( Is there a benefit of one or the other? I just want to get a recovery on the phone so I can make a stock rooted backup. Then I can try some things.

I just waited as I thought using Odin was a workaround. I could be wrong. :)

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
I am not familiar with either of these :( Is there a benefit of one or the other? I just want to get a recovery on the phone so I can make a stock rooted backup. Then I can try some things.

I just waited as I thought using Odin was a workaround. I could be wrong. :)

No, you need to flash a CWM kernel to use CWM recovery. To do this, most people use Odin, but redbend and bmlunlock/dd are options as well. There's a sticky on how to flash CWM recovery. Odin is easy to use, just never, ever, use anything but the "PDA" button unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Do not use the "Phone" button.

Gitykins

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If you're on like mac or unix, then you can only do redbend and change the bml's. But Odin is definitely the way to go if you're looking for simplicity as it actually has an interface. You can use redbend/bmlu if you test a lot of kernels or you really like making things difficult.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I got CWM installed with Odin. Could not have been any easier. I made a backup of the phone so I should be good to play. Might have to do Voodoo tonight ;)

anon58445

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Most advanced kernel available right now is 1.2 low voltage. However, JT's 1.2 kernel is 1325 mV (higher than stock) and is the most stable.

The 1.4 and 1.6 kernels reported 1.4 and 1.6 respectively but didn't clock correctly and thus reported incorrect data.

JT's 1.2 - 1200_interactive_bfq.zip

Just flash with CWM

help! i flashed this over voodoo .02 and now i have 0.00b of available space on internal phone storage. i cant download any apps because i am out of storage space. how do i wipe this phone completely? i did the back to stock fix and no help.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
help! i flashed this over voodoo .02 and now i have 0.00b of available space on internal phone storage. i cant download any apps because i am out of storage space. how do i wipe this phone completely? i did the back to stock fix and no help.

wipe the phone by going to settings, privacy, erase data

it will restore your phone partition's space

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress