If It's The 24th, Isn't It Time For An Announcement And Preorders?

mykpfsu

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If there's one thing that drives me bonkers about Verizon, it's the way they handle phone releases like this. They make no official announcements or nothing, then suddenly they announce the phone like the day before it releases.

They did it with the Droid 2 and that played a part in me going to Sprint and getting the Epic 4G, which was available for preorder many weeks in advance, perhaps a month if I remember correctly.

They handled the iPhone launch well though, perhaps...er, probably that's why they've been quiet regarding the Thunderbolt. From a business standpoint, can't say I really blame'em. Then again, it looks like AT&T might be looking to take advantage with the rumored 22nd launch date for the Atrix.

Me personally, I'd rather get last second notice of something launching, then to be told a launch date and have that launch get pushed back. Heck just look at how angry people can get on rumored launch dates not being met. its frustrating as heck, but better in the long run.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Could be true, but I don't believe any intel that comes from Best Buy. They know nothing except random dates that are entered in their systems arbitrarily.

I doubt the CEO of HTC would say they were shipping the devices this week if there were "production" issues.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
More philosophically.... it would seem that the 24th date is in serious jeopardy. I think folks were expecting an announcement from VZW at some point this week. This day is almost over, and I could not see them making the announcement tomorrow for a device that's to land on the 24th.

It's truly unfortunate that VZW cannot hit any dates.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Coming from Best Buy...I'll believe this to be true as long as Santa, the Easter Bunny or the tooth fairy is delivering my phone.

I just got off the phone with my Corporate VZW contact and blistered her about the T Bolt.
They don't check forums...it's obvious. They do not have a release date for the T Bolt. Her system did say end of this month. Same was said about the Xoom.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I for one, like many others am getting tired of this. And I just may start looking for another phone soon. If they don't have a release date yet then AT LEAST send a message out to YOUR CUSTOMERS as to WHY IT'S BEING DELAYED! Sorry, getting a little miffed.

vitomins

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4
Verizon Announcement: 1/11/11
Pre-order: 2/3/11
General Release: 2/10/11

Droid 2
Verizon Announcement: 8/10/10
Pre-order: 8/11/10
General Release: 8/12/10

Droid X
Verizon Announcement: 6/23/10
Pre-order: None
General Release: 7/15/10

Droid Incredible
Verizon Announcement: 4/15/10
Pre-order: 4/19/10
General Release: 4/29/10

Droid
Verizon Announcement: 10/28/09
Pre-order: None
General Release: 11/6/09

Although Verizon typically makes an official announcement 2-3 weeks before the phone goes on sale, check out the Droid 2. Everyone knew about the phone, but Verizon did not put out an official announcement until 2 days before it's release.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Great summary Vitomins...

I think the key here is that there is no set pattern. The Droid 2 is a good example of why the Thunderbolt could be announced a day before it's released.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
all around the rather rumored dates or never gave us a date. why have dummy units an cardboard cut outs show up at stores commercials show up. an funny enough i havent seen one since this past week end on tv or online. this forum should now be moved to the rumored devices. the only thing we know about it is its goin to verizon an its made by htc. we dont have monthly pricing or a release date. i understand we cant get mad at verizon as they havent made anythhing official. but why even waste the time an money to promote a fun with no info. thats like come on down to my store. but im not gonna tell you were we are located nor what we sell in my store. that will be determined at a later date.

i will be so mad if the phone is released with problems. an i bet the bionics launch will go very smooth

tucker_dahlin

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
VZW never set a date ever. The only dates that they cannot hit is the rumored ones that they have nothing to do with and that is truly unfortunate

I'm starting to get pretty tired of reading these kind of posts. NO, they did not give an official public statement of when it would be released. But most of us agree that there WAS at least one internal release date that was missed. It was conveyed to more than one vendor and pulled at the very last second. They were not "rumored" dates, they were specific dates that vzw told companies selling the phone that it would be released.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to get pretty tired of reading these kind of posts. NO, they did not give an official public statement of when it would be released. But most of us agree that there WAS at least one internal release date that was missed. It was conveyed to more than one vendor and pulled at the very last second. They were not "rumored" dates, they were specific dates that vzw told companies selling the phone that it would be released.

Indeed. Dates that they specifically did not tell to the public, just in case they slipped. They did NOT want everyone getting excited over a date they weren't certain they could/would meet.

Blaming Verizon for having internal dates (which were leaked) is absurd. Yes, I'm disappointed and I understand why everyone would be. However, getting upset and mad at Verizon that an internal date was not met is patently ABSURD.

They did not tell you a date. This is why they did not tell you a date.

Dreday24

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Indeed. Dates that they specifically did not tell to the public, just in case they slipped. They did NOT want everyone getting excited over a date they weren't certain they could/would meet.

Blaming Verizon for having internal dates (which were leaked) is absurd. Yes, I'm disappointed and I understand why everyone would be. However, getting upset and mad at Verizon that an internal date was not met is patently ABSURD.

They did not tell you a date. This is why they did not tell you a date.

its not that the date wasnt met, its that they are providing no information, many people would be perfectly ok with "we planned to bring it out on this day, but because of unforseen issues we have delayed it" if they made that statment nobody would care.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
its not that the date wasnt met, its that they are providing no information, many people would be perfectly ok with "we planned to bring it out on this day, but because of unforseen issues we have delayed it" if they made that statment nobody would care.

Some people are mad that they missed even an internal date. I'm with you, I'm more frustrated with the lack of information. However, I understand why Verizon is leaving us in the dark. Notice how people are foaming at the mouth from an internal date being missed? Now imagine if a real date was announced and they tried your excuse.

The fact of the matter is that the reason we're in the dark is because people can't handle that. They can't even handle the situation we're in now. I really hope that Verizon is oblivious to the frustration caused by the leaked dates (unlikely because everyone is yelling at the Verizon representative on Twitter) because if they do know our reaction, they're going to clean house of the people who leak.

Then we'll truly be completely in the dark.

odiej34

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
On second look is this a verizon ran facebook page? only 120 followers. Probably fake, sorry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non