Verizon Galaxy S4 - Security Notice After Update to 4.3

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This was @VZWsupport's response:
@VZWSupport That screen shot is helpful! It's not a WiFi error. Have you visited the website in the message? It describes Samsung's KNOX,which is a security program in your phone. That site has the details on how to contact Samsung if you run into trouble.^JH

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This was @VZWsupport's response:
@VZWSupport That screen shot is helpful! It's not a WiFi error. Have you visited the website in the message? It describes Samsung's KNOX,which is a security program in your phone. That site has the details on how to contact Samsung if you run into trouble.^JH

Nothing there about being TOTALLY ANNOYED!!!

pb33

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Just hold the notification down, click 'app info.' Then clear the cache and data and it should stop until you reboot again.

Posted via Android Central App

JDeppel

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Performed a FDR yesterday, but waited to post until I was sure. Notification has not returned. Have rebooted my phone 2-3 times just to be sure.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
maybe I'm extremely lucky, but I haven't seen this occurance once. KNOX is definately on my phone, but no happenings of this sort on my phone. not too crazy about the haptic feedback of notifications though. everytime i pick up my phone, any updates to facebook, twitter, email, etc, i get the little "bzzz" in my hand. I'm sure i can turn it off, if I knew exactly what it was.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
maybe I'm extremely lucky, but I haven't seen this occurance once. KNOX is definately on my phone, but no happenings of this sort on my phone. not too crazy about the haptic feedback of notifications though. everytime i pick up my phone, any updates to facebook, twitter, email, etc, i get the little "bzzz" in my hand. I'm sure i can turn it off, if I knew exactly what it was.

It's a setting you can turn off.

Settings>my device tab>motion and gestures>click on motion>turn smart alert off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sammyboy405

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok

Done a Full Factory Reset, both ways that I know how. And Cleared the Cache Partition as well..

Done this 3 times. Still get the notification when switching from Mobile to Wifi.

Ive also tried clearing the Data and Cache for the Knox notification manager.. It clears the notification, but as soon as you switch from Wifi to Mobile or Mobile to Wifi, It comes back.

I consider myself fairly Android Savvy. but this one has me baffled on to why some people are able to get it to clear and others are not.

Tailormade3

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
verizon walked me through the factory reset and i still was getting it. However after long clicking going to the app, force stopping and clearing all data, its gone. immediately after, i turned wifi off and back on and still not there. I also turned my phone off and back on and it still hasnt appeared.

JDeppel

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok

... but this one has me baffled on to why some people are able to get it to clear and others are not.

I believe it may be quite some time before VZW/Sammy roll out a fix for this, if ever...I'm sure they're just as baffled, particularly as to how to fix it.

Sidenote: I believe the OTA update for the Sprint S4 starting rolling out today. Will be interested to see if any of them experience the same issue.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
I believe it may be quite some time before VZW/Sammy roll out a fix for this, if ever...I'm sure they're just as baffled, particularly as to how to fix it.

Sidenote: I believe the OTA update for the Sprint S4 starting rolling out today. Will be interested to see if any of them experience the same issue.

Samsung support acknowledged the issue. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

stingray2772

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
UGH... went and bought the stupid backup pro, found out it doesn't work that great and apparently half my cap didn't save, did the reset and got the dang update policy bug. This definitely isn't working for everybody. Based on my experience if you are on the fence, do NOT do a reset.

erwin edward

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
UGH... went and bought the stupid backup pro, found out it doesn't work that great and apparently half my cap didn't save, did the reset and got the dang update policy bug. This definitely isn't working for everybody. Based on my experience if you are on the fence, do NOT do a reset.

Thanks man for the heads up. I too am waiting for another solution as I don't want to do a factory reset that might not work

Dmaster223

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the APK is there but you must open the app (from app drawer) to download the 100+ MB app

Sent from my SCH-I545 (Samsung Galaxy S4,Verizon)

Danny Spauding

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have tried this procedure that I found on another forum post, seems to work.

When you get the notification of the Security Notice, swipe down the notification bar and long press the "Security Notice" and then select "App Info", select "Clear Data", and then select "Force Close". I have not received the Security Notice. The notification will return if you reboot your phone, just go through the same procedure above. Hopefully Samsung will have a fix soon.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have tried this procedure that I found on another forum post, seems to work.

When you get the notification of the Security Notice, swipe down the notification bar and long press the "Security Notice" and then select "App Info", select "Clear Data", and then select "Force Close". I have not received the Security Notice. The notification will return if you reboot your phone, just go through the same procedure above. Hopefully Samsung will have a fix soon.

You mean the same procedure that has been discussed here on this thread for a few days???

Ed LaJoie

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I just restarted my phone and I have not received the Security Notice with WIFI on.

Update : If you shut WIFI OFF and then ON, the Security Notice came back. I did the procedure that Danny Spauding used above and it's not happening anymore when I shut WIFI OFF and ON.

Last edited:

Danny Spauding

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey Fatboy97: When I tried going through the settings and application manager and force closing the 3 Knox programs the security policy warning came back.