Razr Maxx case

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a seidio active and an otterbox commuter but I want something new that is similar. What are you all liking?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've tried several but always come back to the Commuter. Seems best combination of protection without undue bulk.

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bradenfontaine

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the commuter, the defender and the Verizon branded snap on w/ kickstand w/ holster. No matter how uncomfortable i feel about my phone being naked and unprotected, I'm never happy putting a case on it.

I wish Otterbox would make cases for this phone in different colors. Black gets boring.

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I use the VZW snap on with the kickstand as well. I would rather go naked, I'm really looking for a nice leather vertical slide in pouch. Hard to find due to the size of the Maxx. May have to break down and buy one online.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I use the Verizon case and holster. I like not having to take the case off to put it into the recharging dock at night.

Are the other cases mentioned here thin enough to allow them to stay on in the dock?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I REALLY like the Cruzerlite TPU Androidified cases. I have a black one and a white one and they look really good, plus they add a little subtle Android flair. I used them for about 3 months and I love them, but I got the HD Dock for work and it's easier to just leave the phone naked since that's how it fits in the Dock.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
The standard Verizon dock that I use has a plastic piece that you remove if your phone is in a case, and that allows it to be put into the dock while it's still in the case. But the case has to be fairly thin. That's what I was asking about. Does the HD Dock have the same plastic piece?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Body Glove. It's thin, tough, and converts from a belt clip with kickstand to a smooth case like the Seidio. I went through several cases that would allow me to just slip the phone into my pocket and sorry, there isn't much better than the Seidio. The Body Glove is nearly as good. But it's a bear to take off, which is ridiculous since the only way to convert it is to take the case off to remove the clip mount point. If you only intend to use it one way or the other, then it's a great case.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The standard Verizon dock that I use has a plastic piece that you remove if your phone is in a case, and that allows it to be put into the dock while it's still in the case. But the case has to be fairly thin. That's what I was asking about. Does the HD Dock have the same plastic piece?

The dock does not allow the use of the Commuter case. The case would have to be really thin. That insert is to allow you to use the dock with either the Razr or the Maxx.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Seidio SURFACE Case that is on sale today. I bought one at full price when I first got the phone. Can't use it because of the holster I have but that's not a problem with the case. It is very thin and unobtrusive otherwise. Comes in multiple colors as well.

Had it on my last phone as well. Two years and hardly worn.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I too rock a gloss black Cruzerlite with matt android design. I figure if I must cover the already beautiful Maxx chassis then I want a cool design that still gets compliments. Also the TPU case adds very little bulk. People love the little Android design on the back of the case and so do I.

If you want drop protection this is probably not your case...but to prevent scratches and improve grip this is fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use the VZW snap on with the kickstand as well. I would rather go naked, I'm really looking for a nice leather vertical slide in pouch. Hard to find due to the size of the Maxx. May have to break down and buy one online.

Sena has a Ultra Slim pocket pouch for the Maxx that I use and it can be ordered directly from them. Just be sure to Google a coupon code for a discount. It fits tight at first but the leather stretches after a couple of days of use.

A belt clip pouch that works from experience is the Droid X case sold by Verizon. It has the Droid labeling on the package but has the Verizon branding on the case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a pic of this cruzer lite case

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Look here http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/189396-naked.html for pics of Cruzerlite cases. (I'm guessing that's the one he's referring to.) We had a nice conversation about cases. I posted a pic and a few people bought them after my raving review. ;)

It's a very minimalistic case but works EXTREMELY well. I don't think I could use a different case honestly.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend with a thin case on her iphone that has an integrated card carrier in the back. Not big. Holds a few credit cards at most. Anybody seen anything like this for the Maxx?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Look here http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/189396-naked.html for pics of Cruzerlite cases. (I'm guessing that's the one he's referring to.) We had a nice conversation about cases. I posted a pic and a few people bought them after my raving review. ;)

It's a very minimalistic case but works EXTREMELY well. I don't think I could use a different case honestly.

Yup. Thanks for pointing these out. I have a collection of them now! They are basically the perfect thin case. And THEY HAVE A LANYARD MOUNTING LOOP! Look at the bottom right corner. A wrist lanyard will save your bacon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo