Just maybe a release date. Nexus verizon

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
For what its worth I was just in a Verizon retailer and they said there is no way its coming next week. They were given the date of 12/10. Oh well, we can always hope.

That's a saturday and verizon has yet to release a phone on a saturday. Not to mention the retailer may get it later than verizon corporate stores. If those at the store you went to even knew what they were talking about, most likely not.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't think any Verizon in store employee has any idea when the phone will release, just the upper management and they might not even have a date set yet. Only time will tell :)

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Some people will argue anything.....
Are you suggesting we take every rumor and leak at face value? C'mon...

If not, what reason do we have to believe these are in any way real?

The problems with these so-called poster images are:

1. They're not photos, but a digital image file, as if exported from the layout program.
2. What is with the horrible aliasing on the text?
3. Why are the fonts not consistent with previous Verizon or Galaxy Nexus materials?

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I know some trolls out there who have passed around some OTA pdfs that the blogosphere picked up on and considered gospel. ;)

Trust me...its easy to fake stuff.

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
markgbe said:
they are quite real.

Do you have insider info? Care to share how you know?

Let's say, however improbably, that these are leaked images output from the original poster layout file. Why would the quality be so terrible? Why would the font choices completely ignore existing Verizon, Samsung, and Nexus guidelines?

Last edited:

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you have insider info? Care to share how you know?

Let's say, however improbably, that these are leaked images output from the original poster layout file. Why would the quality be so terrible? Why would the font choices completely ignore existing Verizon, Samsung, and Nexus guidelines?

Ummmmmmmm maybe because they are leaks.......................;)

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ummmmmmmm maybe because they are leaks.......................;)
That just doesn't hold up. If you're a person who's had access to the original file of these supposed posters, and you've decided to possibly risk your job by letting it leak out there, why would you not export a better quality version? And say you're down the chain, seeing the proofs of this poster, I highly doubt you'd be proofing it with such a low quality image. Are you going to go to the trouble to compress it before leaking? Doubtful.

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trolling, I'm just failing to see how anybody can view these posters as credible. If someone could provide a shred of reasonable evidence that they are, I'll apologize profusely and then shut my mouth.

fightfan

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Despite all the rumors and gossip, I had held out hope that the Nexus would be available to purchase in the US tomorrow (Nov 18), the original rumored target day. Even today, I thought that scenario was possible if Verizon made a release day announcement only one day in advance. However, as the minutes tick by, I am losing hope. That's why today is so disappointing and frustrating. Ugh!!

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
That just doesn't hold up. If you're a person who's had access to the original file of these supposed posters, and you've decided to possibly risk your job by letting it leak out there, why would you not export a better quality version? And say you're down the chain, seeing the proofs of this poster, I highly doubt you'd be proofing it with such a low quality image. Are you going to go to the trouble to compress it before leaking? Doubtful.

Huh? It's a poster. I doubt the average blog would want a picture that's poster size sent to them so they have to drop it down to an average blog picture size.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned before I have a friend that does government sales for Verizon and he was instructed to tell his clients they will KNOW something this Friday if they were to ask about the GN. He told me he didn't know if that meant release or announcement.

I've been clinging to that just for the excitement but its still just a useless rumor with nothing really solid to back it up. I'm sure their are government contractors on here, phone the rep that is in charge of your companies cellphone account and ask (assuming you have Verizon).

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Was at a VZW today ,was gonna get a rezound to play with while I'm waiting for GN. Sales guy told me if I were you I would wait till Black Friday to buy a phone if you know what I mean

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Huh? It's a poster. I doubt the average blog would want a picture that's poster size sent to them so they have to drop it down to an average blog picture size.
The original image posted to the Phandroid forums is 600x960, and it's already blown to crap. It's not just your typical JPEG compression, either. The text and logos are jaggy as heck. I honestly don't know how you could, from a full-quality poster layout file, export an image that crappy.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Was at a VZW today ,was gonna get a rezound to play with while I'm waiting for GN. Sales guy told me if I were you I would wait till Black Friday to buy a phone if you know what I mean
Black Friday if it were true is be broke by then lol or unless I side track the wife to Verizon first thing in the morning lol.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
is it just me or does it seem LTE seems to be the problem with all of these phones being released? verizon may want to look into that.

From everything that I have read on LTE, Verizon had difficulty qualifying to the standards that are required in order to be licensed to use the LTE name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174