[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

a2sd on alpha19 is a mighty big failure. Turned it on first boot, rebooted, installed TiBu, Swype, Gmail, rebooted. When set to install to "default", all the apps TiBu is restoring are going on internal memory. Something may be ending up on my /sdext, as it's at 7% instead of 4% like it was on my second reboot (this is #3? 4?). Whatever it is, though, it's not enough; I only have 12 MB free on internal now.

I'll try undoing most of these app installs and switching to the other script option, seeing if it helps.

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Need a few testers for alpha 19. Will require full wipes, and prefer sprint users, as no virgin support yet.

I'm in. But has anyone notice wifi dropping connection? On 18c, After about 10 mins with the screen off, wifi disconnects then the only way to get it back is to toggle dance.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

a2sd on alpha19 is a mighty big failure. Turned it on first boot, rebooted, installed TiBu, Swype, Gmail, rebooted. When set to install to "default", all the apps TiBu is restoring are going on internal memory. Something may be ending up on my /sdext, as it's at 7% instead of 4% like it was on my second reboot (this is #3? 4?). Whatever it is, though, it's not enough; I only have 12 MB free on internal now.

I'll try undoing most of these app installs and switching to the other script option, seeing if it helps.

Try installing everything from play store and see if the results are the same. I know om-Mandylion cm7 doesn't play well with tibu and he recommends my backup pro

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

By the way I'd test if you don't mind letting a VM670 user in

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I just downloaded and flashed alpha19a. I think this update will require a full wipe. Tried just wiping cache and dalvik but it hung on the cm9 animation (waited 5-10 min) I pulled battery and started from scratch and all seems well. Partition info screen looks good and the ext options in performance I'm sure will make some ppl happy. I will note that most will probably expect ext to be enabled by default though and that's not the case currently. For the moment I reverted to my a18c nand but ill be playing testing more as I have the time. Thanks again for your work on this great rom and allowing me to help test for you. :D

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I'll test kraven, even though I'm a virgin user, I don't care that it says sprint... or that my keys are switched, I'm experienced enough to fix that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Update: back on alpha19a fixed my keys and setup to my liking using dc2sd ext option. Working great it'll be my daily for a bit now so I'll post anything that comes up

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

So, wraith, what install method works best to get apps actually on /sd-ext ? Have you tried using TiBu, or have you installed exclusively from Play Store? I'm wondering what would happen if I told TiBu to install to "External" instead of "Default", but I have a feeling it'd move everything to /sdcard instead of the symlinked folders on /sd-ext (which, when I check Root Browser, give no indication that they're symlinked).

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

So, wraith, what install method works best to get apps actually on /sd-ext ? Have you tried using TiBu, or have you installed exclusively from Play Store? I'm wondering what would happen if I told TiBu to install to "External" instead of "Default", but I have a feeling it'd move everything to /sdcard instead of the symlinked folders on /sd-ext (which, when I check Root Browser, give no indication that they're symlinked).

Well first make sure you select one of the sdext methods under performance. I used my backup root to restore my apps

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

hyzyje8u.jpg

No issues here what ext option are you using

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

A little update... alpha 19 is in testing and will be released shortly.

Fixes and features

• Gmail whitescreen fixed version1 thanks popdog123
  • partition info screen in settings thanks squadzone
  • Apps to ext and dalvik cache to ext option in performance settings thanks Nobodyatall
  • I/o Scheduler settings
  • recent apps switcher ported from AOKP
  • html vids in webpages should be working thanks ganster41
  • if you had youtube reboots, it's now fixed by hephappy

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

A little update... alpha 19 is in testing and will be released shortly.

Fixes and features

• Gmail whitescreen fixed version1 thanks popdog123
  • partition info screen in settings thanks squadzone
  • Apps to ext and dalvik cache to ext option in performance settings thanks Nobodyatall
  • I/o Scheduler settings

This is awesome. Does the white screen fixes extend to Facebook and instagram?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Testing alpha 19d and loving it so far. Thanks kraven

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

ALPHA 19E Released

• Gmail whitescreen fixed version1 thanks popdog123. Same fixes as in Oxygen rom. It might make some apps incompatible, so report if any.
  • Apps to ext and dalvik cache to ext option in performance settings thanks Nobodyatall. Choose a2sd for only apps moved to sd-ext. Reboot to take effect. Choose d2sd for dalvik + apps to sd-ext. Reboot to recovery and wipe dalvik. You may need to manually delete the data/dalvik cache folder. If you like the old way of automatic app to sdext, swap out the init.d folders from my old builds.
  • I/o Scheduler settings
  • Still has test kernel 23, But try out any of the newer kernels to your liking. Test 21 still gave the best ontime clock
  • Virgin patch coming soon
  • known bug when viewing html vids in the browser then switching to the Youtube app, the vids are choppy. Force close the browser and youtube app to fix. This is due to the codec not getting released between apps.

Attachments

• Virgin.fix.cm9alpha19E.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,302
Last edited:

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

There is also an update to Apollo, download the one from the market.