Has anyone had their trade-in assessed yet?

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
Mine got assessed and was given the estimated amount yesterday. I'm not sure when they initially received it since I left my phone in the USA and my uncle was the one who sent it out for me. I do know he mailed it out sometime last week.

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
Gotcha - did they give you what their initial estimate was?

When I initiated the trade-in, they gave me an estimate with my Pixel 2 order. Once it was assessed, I received an email from them informing me my device was approved for the full estimate with the amount to be automatically refunded to my card.

AGzW0vy.png

burtonvdp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got the email last night to be looking for my payment and it was assessed at the same price as the quote. I Sent the phone in on Oct 17th using their shipping method and container (man was that thing scary). Im on the west coast so shipping took a little time as well.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Those who sent it in: how did you package it? In the that small bubble envelope? Or did you use a box? I need to send mine in today, but I don't think that envelope is going to resist breakage!

burtonvdp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I used the packaging they sent... I did however take about 20 pictures with it powered on right next to the package so the label was visible. As well as the front and back of the device and the condition can be seen on the photos.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
That's encouraging. I have the original XL in blue - I'm gonna miss it! - and I was considering boxing it in the original box the phone came in. But if yours survived and got the original estimate, I might just stuff it in one more padded envelope...

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I used the packaging they sent... I did however take about 20 pictures with it powered on right next to the package so the label was visible. As well as the front and back of the device and the condition can be seen on the photos.

Good plan. This is what I'll do to. Have to make sure to charge it up first too.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Those who sent it in: how did you package it? In the that small bubble envelope? Or did you use a box? I need to send mine in today, but I don't think that envelope is going to resist breakage!

I had ordered and cancelled a phone so I had two envelopes. I put the phone in one with it's case still on and then that bubble envelope in another bubble envelope.

I shipped on the 20th and I checked they received it yesterday. Waiting on the assessment and refund for my Pixel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90