HTC One S - Viber problem

Aziz Rahim

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Viber problem

hi

I have installed the viber on HTC Desire 500 with Android 4.1.2. When the call was pick initiated by me or other party it failed with the message on the screen that : Callback Listener hold callback

I tried with multiple device, the result is same, where as those devices working fine with each other.

Can someone suggest as I am new user to viber

Thanks

Mohsin Zaheer

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

hello evry one can any body help me i m using a viber but i m having some serious problem when i try to make a call after few second it shows call failed i re install it but nothing happen same problem with outgoing calls

Shine Abraham

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi
So I was having some contacts issue with viber a few days ago.. viber was not recognizing my contacts as viber contacts.. I tried a lot of things.. finally thought that deactivating the account and then reactivating would probably help.. So I deactivated it, and now I can't activate it using the same phone number. Anyway, after the deactivation I figured out the contacts issue. Apparently contacts were linked to my google account and for some reason they were all in read only mode. I backed up all contacts in vcf format and deleted the contacts from the google account and restored all the contacts(vcf format) onto my device. Now viber is recognizing all the contacts. But i'm using a different account. Please help me reactivate my old account. That's the account all my friends call me on.
Additional info- I deactivated my old account yesterday evening. Yesterday I wasn't getting any activation code. And when i went to the website for getting a call it showed some error. I Tried to reactivate the account again this morning, and this time I got an activation code message from viber but viber won't accept it. The phone number I would like to reactivate is +96590985988.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@Aziz Rahim -

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to specify the link to this page in the appropriate place in the form, for monitoring purposes). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

@Mohsin Zaheer -

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

@Shine Abraham -

Thank you for sharing your solution!
May we ask what device you have, which version of Viber, and which version of Android?

About the inability to activate Viber: please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). You may also try to register to Viber through a few different WiFi networks. If it still doesn't work, please do let me know :)

Last edited:

Shine Abraham

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

@Shine Abraham -

Thank you for sharing your solution!
May we ask what device you have, which version of Viber, and which version of Android?

About the inability to activate Viber: please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). You may also try to register to Viber through a few different WiFi networks. If it still doesn't work, please do let me know :)

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently using viber (3.1.1.15) on my Verizon HTC Droid DNA, running on Android 4.2.2. I sometimes switch to my tablet when the battery on my phone is running out, so initially I thought the contacts issue was because I kept activating it between devices. Anyway, Thanks for your reply, I'll report my status after 24 hours :)

Syeda Kiran Hamid

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I have a problem in viber since two days. When I make a call its disconnected and a popup msg came "callback listener hide callback"".. can u plz fix this issue. Its quite irritating and I cant survive without viber. Your urgent response required.

Bethzie Gonzales RN

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,im just wondering about the profile pic of my viber contacts. When on thumbnail they don't appear but wen i click on contact information my contact has profile picture
How can i make the prof pic visible even in thumbnail.Some of my contacts' picture appear in thumbnail but most don't
Posted via Android Central App

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@Shine Abraham -

Thank you!
By the way, note that at this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously (except for Viber Desktop). When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
At the moment we don't have official information about the option to register the same Viber number on multiple devices. If we have such news in the future, we will let you know :)

@Syeda Kiran Hamid -

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

@Bethzie Gonzales RN -

This is a known issue, and we're hoping to fix it in our upcoming update. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we'd appreciate if you could get back to us after installing our next update and report whether or not the problem has been fixed :)

Thank you!

lyche

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I am having problems with viber on my HTC and Tab Asus my viber asks me everytime for my phone number and have to put code in everytime whats the cause of this?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I am having problems with viber on my HTC and Tab Asus my viber asks me everytime for my phone number and have to put code in everytime whats the cause of this?

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously (except for Viber Desktop). When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
At the moment we don't have official information about the option to register the same Viber number on multiple devices. If we have such news in the future, we will let you know :)

Seadahmd57Seada

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi viber team. I have an HTC mobke phone. When I tried call international call (Ethiopia) it's failed, and said callback listener hid callback. I really don't know what that mean. Thank you.

pallav1011

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

i m not able to send msgs to some contacts through viber although their contacts is being shown but whenever i m sending messages only one tick is coming. have they uninstalled the viber app or is it problem in viber. please help

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@Seadahmd57Seada -

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum". With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

@pallav1011 -

We had a temporary glitch with our server today, but all should be back to normal now.
Please reboot Viber on both devices, and try again. Does it work now?

sonjadz

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I am having problems on my Viber for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. I uninstalling Viber on my phone but when I tried installing it again, it does not send me an access code, and when I tried clicking on the "click here" link, it cannot receive the automatic voice call. Please help, Thanks!

ladyblue2306

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Hello , I have the same problem with Ekaterina Semushina . When I have to install Viber , after few seconds I have a message ?the system is not compatible .
Thank you !

shinot765

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Hi, Viber rep.

I have a problem of frozen screen. sometimes, when I receive a call, the screen is not switched on so that I can't answer the call.

the second issue is that when I call or when I recieve a call, I can't hang off because the screen is frozen either way on the switched off mode, which is normal when the devise is closed to the ear, but also sometimes forzen in the "ending call, switch to earplug, mute call..." screen. buttons are not available for the touch.

what is disturbing is that when I recieve a GSM call, I can switch on the screen by pressing the home button, and end the call normaly

so maybe the device is in fault, maybe the app is.

after the caller hangs off from his side, I have an error msg displayed "CallListenerHideCallBack"

I precise that the software of my S4 is the original one, and the rom is original as well.

have you ever have faced that issue?

thanks.

Claudiu Guido

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I have a problem, I activated Viber on a card that I never ever did and tried to activate Viber on a new card and you want to stick your activation tells me it's not good, what can I do? How to activate the new card Viber?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@sonjadz -

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). You may also try to register to Viber through a few different WiFi networks.

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you are subscribed to.

@ladyblue2306 -

What device do you have? Which version of operating system?

@shinot765 -

Hi,
We haven't faced the exact same issue, but we have received reports of the "CallListenerHideCallBack" error.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum". With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred