It's Here! It's Here! EVO ROM Myn Warm 2.2 RLS 5

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
So my roommate flashed the new rom and apparently botched the radio flash. Now his phone is bricked...won't turn on, won't charge, nothing. He has a new one on the way from Sprint but does anyone know of a way to get his phone up and running again or is it a paperweight now?

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
So my roommate flashed the new rom and apparently botched the radio flash. Now his phone is bricked...won't turn on, won't charge, nothing. He has a new one on the way from Sprint but does anyone know of a way to get his phone up and running again or is it a paperweight now?

and you tried getting it into recovery? vol down + power?

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
i think im gonna flash this as my first rom but whats the difference form the "mirror1" and "mirror2" under download just a noob question

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
This kernel works great and it dosnt mess with the camera it just.needs to be flashed like if you where flashing a rom all you need to do before flashing is wipe your cache and your delvki and then flash away this should take your kernel that is messing with your camera work

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
and you tried getting it into recovery? vol down + power?

Yep, tried that. Battery is fully charged (via separate wall charger) but the charging LED doesn't even come on when connected to AC power or usb. There is a another thread about this on XDA but no one has come up with a solution. Just posting here to see if anyone has any ideas. They say messing up a radio flash is one of the sure fire ways to TRULY brick an Evo.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep, tried that. Battery is fully charged (via separate wall charger) but the charging LED doesn't even come on when connected to AC power or usb. There is a another thread about this on XDA but no one has come up with a solution. Just posting here to see if anyone has any ideas. They say messing up a radio flash is one of the sure fire ways to TRULY brick an Evo.

Not a true brick, people that say it dont know you can run an ruu thru fastboot, or they know that, but think because you cant boot into the bootloader you cant get to fastboot.

Volume up + power to boot intop fastboot, then run the ruu.

Reactions: PookiePrancer

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Not a true brick, people that say it dont know you can run an ruu thru fastboot, or they know that, but think because you cant boot into the bootloader you cant get to fastboot.

Volume up + power to boot intop fastboot, then run the ruu.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried volume up + power to get to fastboot but that doesn't do anything either. Take your battery out of your phone and try to do something with it. That is what his is doing with a fully charger battery installed, i.e. nothing.

Mark_in_Tulsa

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
This kernel works great and it dosnt mess with the camera it just.needs to be flashed like if you where flashing a rom all you need to do before flashing is wipe your cache and your delvki and then flash away this should take your kernel that is messing with your camera work

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

Try

Settings/applications/manage apps/camera and then clear data and cache if it gives you that option.

Also do that for camcorder.

Reactions: mariorivera830

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have to say I'm loving RLS5. The battery life is amazing and everything is silky smooth. Does anyone know if it's possible to make the App drawer transparent using the LauncherPro setup? I love LP but the black screen on the drawer doesn't look right.

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Another great rom by Myn!

Had some trouble with the radio install only because I flashed them with RLS 4 and it didnt like it.

Booted into Amon, used USB mode, copied RLS 5 to SD, flashed rom, loaded!!

Wasnt sure I would like the Swype theme but after a few uses I dont think I could go back to the regular theme.

Need to try a new kernel to see if my already awesome battery life can get better.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I love this theme but I noticed that it also says to install manually if u don't have the correct radio ... how can I be sure that I have that radio? And by manually does it mean now through Rom Manager?

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I love this theme but I noticed that it also says to install manually if u don't have the correct radio ... how can I be sure that I have that radio? And by manually does it mean now through Rom Manager?

You can check your radio versions under settings, about phone and software information. If you already already have Release 4 installed then you have the older radios because the new ones won't work for 4. It's a little tricky, because if you upgrade the radios while still on 4 you can't boot back up. The best way is to save Release 5 to your SD along with the radio zips and do them all within recovery. Whatever you do don't pull the battery on the radio upgrades..it can stay on an Android screen for quite awhile while installing.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I just installed it but its soooo slow. I am coming from CM and didn't have release 4...any suggestions? ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001