It's Here! It's Here! EVO ROM Myn Warm 2.2 RLS 5

TxGoatHead

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is great on this rom with the default kernal...I have had it off of the charger for 4 hours and still at 94%. I have had 6 phone calls, several text messages and about 15 minutes of surfing on 4g.

4g works well also...I am getting 8227 kbps d/l and 1098 kbps u/l.

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I must say last night was pretty tricky upgrading to RL5 from 4. First off, I flashed the radio updates while still on RLS4 which, after flashing, wouldn't let me boot back up because apparently RLS4 isn't compatible with the radios. So I had to install RLS5 by downloading it to my PC and mounting SD through recovery. After doing that, I installed the following add-ons one by one:

•DarkStar/Coconut Fonts- No issues
•Transparent Titlebar - No issues
•Hulu - No issues

•Collin_ph Battery Tweak - Brought my phone to a standstill.

I rewiped everything again, and reinstalled RLS5 to get rid of the Collin tweak and everything was back to normal.

So I reflashed the add-ons above minus Collin and had no issues. I then flashed •GingerBread Menus; which broke the transparent top bar. I tried reflashing the transparent top bar, which not only broke the GingerBread Menus; but broke the Menus altogether. So once again, I wiped everything and did another clean install.

This time around I was stuck at the HTC white screen for about 10 minutes. Arggh! I was thinking maybe the ROM I download from the PC to SD may have been bad, so I restored back to CM6, and re-downloaded RLS 5 with the addons I wanted through ROM Manager, wiped everything again, and finally have a nice clean install running smoothly!

Now that everything is installed fresh, I'm really enjoying the speed, smoothness and battery so far. I know a few people at XDA have bricked their phones during the radio upgrades...I think last night was the closest I've been!! Overall I love this ROM and thanks Myn for a great release!

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a bunch of great add-ons on top of this rom to make it to my liking I have the gingerbread keyboard, swype keyboard skin, the 3d HD clock in red smoked flames and last but not least lol the netarchy-toastmod-4.3.1-cfs-havs-sbc-universal-signed.zip battery trickle hack muahh its beautiful lmao :) but for real great job everyone that has contributed to this rom and the great add-ons its now my favorite rom everyone should slap this rom on there phone at least once and give it a test drive :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

dkmartin

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
This Rom is sweet, snappy and stylish. I don't know why I keep having poor battery life with this and with rls4 also ..... I tried flashing a few kernels but nothing really helped. Rls5 seems to have slightly better battery life than rls4. Otherwise myn for life!

eaguil16

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I went spare parts then add on. I click on the apps I want to install but I don't any difference. What do I need to do?

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been running this since last night. Absolutely no problems. It works so amazingly well! I have been off the charger for 15 hours and I still have 50% left! I am loving that!

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the best on is netarchy-toastmod-4.3.1-cfs-havs-sbc-universal-signed.zip I used and tryed a lot and my phone shows great sign's of minimal used very slowly its great test it out let your phone charge for an extra 30 min before taking it off and you should be good

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ive been anxiously waiting for #5 for a while but was a little hesitant to flash yesterday after reading a few stories on here. But i didnt have any problems at all =)

but i actually noticed a little problem, not sure if it happens to everyone or not maybe someone can test, could be little big.

i plugged phone into USB with cable and put on DISK DRIVE mode. Then I transferred a few pics to a certain folder. Then put phone on CHARGE ONLY mode so it re-mounts the card to the phone. (just like normal so far so good) But if I go to image gallery to that folder it still says 31 images when it should say 35. So I used Astro file explorer to go to the folder where I copied those pics and they are actually there and I count 35 in there.

So I thought maybe it needs to re-cache the thumbnails. So I went to Astro file explorer and deleted everything in the thumbnail folder but still didnt fix the problem.

What finally fixed it was restarting the phone. I have already duplicated this more than once to test and make sure it wasnt a one time thing. Just wanted to share maybe someone else can try and see what happens.

LOVE THE ROM!! THANKS!

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
since flashing the radio update killed my RSA keys, I have a new Evo on the way. Sprint couldn't fix it of course so they ordered me a new one.

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had any problems with the camera/camcorder not working after flashing this rom? I LOVE almost everything about this rom but I NEED my camera. If anyone has found a fix for this or has this problem, please help me!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe