[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Conker1r

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 6/26 ZVD basesband Alpha16

I need some help.
I like to use the status bar as the brighness adjuster.
However if I push the brightness button in the notification drawer.
The setting change to use automatic brightness which does not work anyway.
I cannot for the life of me change this setting back to use the status bar.
Changing brightness modes does not anything.
Please help as I would rather not have to flash the rom again.

jcruckus

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Conker1r:
I'm not having the brightness issue, but then again I dont have the auto brightness setting available in display settings: never have since this rom came out, so I'm not sure what made it show up on yours... If anything, go into the display settings and disable the auto brightness, then disable and re-enable the status bar brightness mod. you might have to boot to recovery, then go into advanced - wipe dalvik cache to get it to re-read the config, or just do a dirty reflash of the latest version of the rom without wiping out your system or data. If that doesnt work, wipe/format system, then make sure everything you have is mounted under "mounts and storage" and reflash the rom. Post back and let us know if that take care of it...

Conker1r

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Conker1r:
I'm not having the brightness issue, but then again I dont have the auto brightness setting available in display settings: never have since this rom came out, so I'm not sure what made it show up on yours... If anything, go into the display settings and disable the auto brightness, then disable and re-enable the status bar brightness mod. you might have to boot to recovery, then go into advanced - wipe dalvik cache to get it to re-read the config, or just do a dirty reflash of the latest version of the rom without wiping out your system or data. If that doesn't work, wipe/format system, then make sure everything you have is mounted under "mounts and storage" and reflash the rom. Post back and let us know if that take care of it...

Dirty flashing does not restore the settings, It has to be a clean install

I also do not have the auto mode in the brightness settings which is at Settings>Display>Brightness
It is however present in this rom somewhere else.
Settings>System>Notification Drawer>Widget Buttons>Brightness Modes
These are used if I have the widget button in the drawer.

The setting I'm having issues with are at
Settings>System>Status Bar>Brightness Control
This is the setting which allows using the status bar swipes to be used as brightness control.

If I happen to push the widget button, the brightness mode changes to automatic and I cannot use the status bar for brightness control
and the option is grayed out in the settings, unless I do a clean re-install.

Oh well screw it. I just did a clean install and got my setting back. Now to restore my apps.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

The Optimus does not have the photosensor for brightness.

Seeing auto in setting is just a leftover of the CM9 builds. It does not matter, but does not do anything.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Pz excuse my laziness but I was looking at the op and trying to decipher which one is for the ov I got 16e and the VM fix but it just boot looped can I get a link or direction to the correct most current file much appreciated and thanks in advance. Grace and Peace

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

This rom is not built for the vm, but some fine it works. 16e is the newest. have you tried quattrimus by tdm in the vm forums here? Basically the same rom, with very sight differences. Sorry too lazy to find the link for you, you understand. :D

Reactions: inceyet

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
This rom is not built for the vm, but some fine it works. 16e is the newest. have you tried quattrimus by tdm in the vm forums here? Basically the same rom, with very sight differences. Sorry too lazy to find the link for you, you understand. :D

Lol yeah I know just was wondering and wanted to try out that's all :cool: thanks for the heads up

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

The Optimus does not have the photosensor for brightness.

Seeing auto in setting is just a leftover of the CM9 builds. It does not matter, but does not do anything.

I was wondering about this. I use Google maps all day long, and it switches into night mode every time I enter a tunnel. I wasn't sure if it "knew" I was in a tunnel or it "saw" that I was in a tunnel.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about this. I use Google maps all day long, and it switches into night mode every time I enter a tunnel. I wasn't sure if it "knew" I was in a tunnel or it "saw" that I was in a tunnel.

The new maps uses sensors for location. Google added indoor maps and more. That is why it "knows" you are in a tunnel, based on location, and not a light sensor on the phone. Google for reviews on the OS and most of them mention the difficulty of bright viewing due to the screen and no auto brightness.

edit - add link, scroll down to the Pros and Cons
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Optimus-S_id4963

- via Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddlespit

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Lol yeah I know just was wondering and wanted to try out that's all :cool: thanks for the heads up

15f and the VM fix work great for us OV users. At least most of us...I've been playing with AOKP for a while, but my battery life hasn't been as good as this. I saved a copy if its not all still in the OP , I didn't check before posting. Let me know if you need anything.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
15f and the VM fix work great for us OV users. At least most of us...I've been playing with AOKP for a while, but my battery life hasn't been as good as this. I saved a copy if its not all still in the OP , I didn't check before posting. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks will do I'll check it out later on at work right now and 3g is pretty nonexistent here plus test driving tdm's 7/12 nightly which by the way is really good I commented over there if you wanna take a look. Apologize for the slight off topic and back to our regular programing :D

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

kraven, I'm on build jun 25, 2012. And my google music is not streaming.
as most of my songs are on gmusic. What should i do to fix it? uninstall and reinstall or flash the newer version

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

kraven, I'm on build jun 25, 2012. And my google music is not streaming.
as most of my songs are on gmusic. What should i do to fix it? uninstall and reinstall or flash the newer version

Download Rom Toolbox Lite and then open it. Scroll down on the main page and click the adblocking option. Choose new options for your host file and then click install. It's because the stock hosts file in CM9 blocks Google Music for some reason.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So...I installed back, after clean wipe of everything and I installed nova but its giving me permission errors. Widgets unable to add, nova unable to gain root? Is there another way to fix permissions that doesn't mess anything up other than from recovery?