[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 9/1 ZVD basesband Alpha17

Also, is the installation of Mount2SD possible with the latest build? I haven't been able to make it work -newbie on this. My partitions are FAT32/ext4/swap.
You might try the alpha 17b build, as it doesn't have any apps to SD scripts. 17c uses the same built in scripts as quattrimus.

And I use google voice, so I'm not too sure on the VVM issues. Can you choose where to store the voicemails?

- - - Updated - - -

Sry im a noob and im running Xionia Clockwork CWMA v1.2518.6

i wanna install this rom but step 3 confuse me because i dont see a option anywhere to wipe BOOT or SYSTEM
STEP 3
3.Now wipe Data, BOOT, SYSTEM, CACHE from recovery

These are the only wipe option i have
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
and under the ADVANCE menu
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Wipe Battery Stats

If i can still flash this rom can someone tell me what to wipe and in what order from the options i have mention above

Check under mounts in the recovery for the boot format. The data/factory reset in recovery already formats the data, system, and cache.

pclov3r

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

You will need to set the apn manually for your network. This is pretty much setup for Sprint and virgin only. And adjust the build.prop to your network also.

Where do I edit the APN? There is no APN settings under the menus.

I've edited values already with QPST.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

open voice dialer and say "open A P N S" and enter your APNS. Or manually edit the apns-conf.xml file in the /system/etc/ folder before flashing.

Then change these lines in the build.prop to your network.
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Sprint
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310120
gsm.operator.alpha=Sprint
gsm.operator.numeric=310120

pclov3r

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this but sadly it did not change anything.

I verified all the info is correct. Im using PagePlus which is a Verizon
MVNO with a open device policy.

Any other ideas?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

puffen619

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

I missed cold as ice, as always great rom.
The only 2 things I noticed is that when listening to music or in a call I can't adjust the volume, it just stays the same. Also I thought clock lag was going to be fixed, maybe I'm wrong?
I'm on alpha 17c and VM

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

weriov

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Loving exploring this ROM so far - thanks to Kraven and everyone else who's been involved. Only problem I've had so far is with Visual Voicemail. Followed the customization guide, but like others, I get the notification that I'm out of memory and there's not enough space to download messages. In fact, mine also gives errors V30 and T30, indicating that it can't connect to the voicemail service at all. I don't mind trying Google Voice to deliver my VM, but if I flash back to a different ROM that uses Sprint Visual, will that screw me up?

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

but if I flash back to a different ROM that uses Sprint Visual, will that screw me up?

I use YouMail (I love the ditching option). I had to forward missed calls to the Youmail. Now, it (to this day) still fowards my missed calls, even if I swap roms.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I missed cold as ice, as always great rom.
The only 2 things I noticed is that when listening to music or in a call I can't adjust the volume, it just stays the same. Also I thought clock lag was going to be fixed, maybe I'm wrong?
I'm on alpha 7c and VM

7c is really old. Try 17+Vm fix

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

TNK2

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks to Kraven and everyone who's working on this lovely rom.Everything works great so far, I just hope that youtube hq and regular video get fixed some time soon. Also has anyone got Awesomebeats v3 to work with this? I tried and all it does is forcecrash like crazy so I had to reformat everything and reinstall the whole rom to get DSP back. I guess I'll try the market beats installer and see if that works with DSP manager. Also is it weird that when you get a notification or someone calls when you got headphones on that it comes out of the phone speakers instead?

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Johnny is right. I meant to say 17c, why would I be on 7c? haha

Also audio not turning up I have seen this on gb
Cm7
Cm9
Cm10
Froyo
Just a common issue just reboot phone

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Here's a fast charge test kernel via USB cord. Thanks to chad0989 and jawz101 for the kernel patch. See here for more technical info http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ble-usb-fast-charging-now-jawz101-kernel.html

To turn it on type in Terminal
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
To turn it off
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

Or made easier in settings
9/20 USB Fastcharge turn on/off added to Settings/Device/Advanced for use with Alpha17F.
Behavior: Make the changes before attaching the USB cord to the computer. Checked means USB fastcharge activated and adb functions are off. Unchecked is normal usb slow charge and adb functions like normal. Flash in recovery http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38013&d=1348159323

Other apps that do the same.
or use chad0989 widget to turn it on https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ncredicontrol.fastchargewidget&token=gUrPNqy5
or other free one that works too https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...g.winters.android.gnfastcharge&token=HLCvZUdS

Download test19 kernel with fastcharge usb http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37535&d=1347691495

Last edited:

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

No issues so far. Two days on the rom so far and no forced reboots or issues.

Fastcharge seems to function as intended. It... um... charges really fast? Works well. Not sure why this is labeled an "Alpha" build, since it's significantly more stable than anything Microsoft has ever charged for at release, and has fewer bugs. ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunn35