Why is my AT&T Note Edge deleting incoming text messages?

spidermonkey267

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note Edge Deleting Text Messages...

Never mind on the textra issue, I just had to turn floating notifications off in the settings. Now they only display on the edge screen. Just use textra!

EdgeUserTee

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

Morning!

The deleting of my text messages has seemed to stop on it's own. A few day ago, it occurred to me that I haven't had any more problems with it... Maybe AT&T did an update that I wasn't aware of. :)

Alison Cronnelly

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why is my AT&T Note Edge deleting incoming text messages?

Mine is deleting them as well. I have done all the suggestions above except change the number since others said that didn't work. Please let me know if you find a fix, it's super irritating. I am with ATT and have the note 4.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Mine is deleting them as well. I have done all the suggestions above except change the number since others said that didn't work. Please let me know if you find a fix, it's super irritating. I am with ATT and have the note 4.

Hey guys mine was doing the same thing. I disabled the att backup app that backs up text messages and the problem was solved.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

You know, I think this may be a reason I always download Textra and install it on my phone before I get my first text. LoL

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

You know, I think this may be a reason I always download Textra and install it on my phone before I get my first text. LoL

I'm not a fan of any 3rd party texting apps. I like to use my spen for everything. Like the click and hover over the paperclip to select from last 20 pics, etc.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I rarely use the pen, it does work for writing in Textra...

tashiboyd

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

You should not be on an electronic device long enough that a family member should have to ask you to get off of it...

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

You should not be on an electronic device long enough that a family member should have to ask you to get off of it...

Jokes are above your head, right? Because the statement below my signature is a joke, not reality. LoL

Arbietd21

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Hey guys mine was doing the same thing. I disabled the att backup app that backs up text messages and the problem was solved.

What app is this. I never enable any app.

Sent from my Note Edge.

kcox21

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site

To everyone who is having this problem on the note edge. You have an app on your phone called hangouts.it is an app that automatically came with your phone. No need to download it. And if I'm not mistaken they come with the note four as well. Make this your default messenger. Once you open the app it should ask this. If not its as easy as going into settings and making it so. It is the first one on the top. The hangouts fixes the majority of the problems from messaging and is Google based. It has worked for me 100%. I hope this helps everyone.

SunnyLisa62

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

DON'T CHANGE THE NUMBER! I tried changing the number in the message center & was unable to send a text at all. (Message sending failed). So I powered on & off & it still wouldn't work. So I changed it back & now I can't send a text even using the original number for the message center! Very frustrated! !

Arbietd21

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

DON'T CHANGE THE NUMBER! I tried changing the number in the message center & was unable to send a text at all. (Message sending failed). So I powered on & off & it still wouldn't work. So I changed it back & now I can't send a text even using the original number for the message center! Very frustrated! !
I did that too, you're probably forgetting the + that goes in the front. That's what happened to me. Just put the plus and you'll be fine Lol.

Sent from my Note Edge.

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site

I was having this problem on my AT&T Note Edge as well. I turned off the AT&T Messages Backup & Sync feature, and it seems to have fixed the problem. It's been a few days and have yet to lose any more messages. Didn't charge the messaging number, I just disabled the backup feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

bandroidin

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site

I have the Samsung Note 4 and i noticed this started happening around Jan 9th.
I contacted AT&T via chat.. and they made a case for it.

I started to use Hangouts which worked 100%.

I was thinking the AT&T Messaging Backup was the culprit.
Has this been solved for anyone that kept their messages syncing to A&T Messaging Backup?

Last week, I was on the phone with Tech Support. He had me lower my messaging limit, delete some of my conversations, stop running applications, and cleared the cache for messages.
The app was still deleting new messages. I switched back to Hangouts.

I was on the phone with Tech Support last night and he had me clear the cache.
It doesn’t seem to be deleting the new messages. I did notice, some of the older texts that didn’t delete previously are now gone.
I can view some of these messages online.

I think I will monitor this another day or so, before I stop syncing to AT&T Messages Backup.
Which, in my opinion, it is not syncing 100% online. But better than nothing.

EdgeUserTee

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

My AT&T Messaging Backup has always been enabled. (That's how I knew that the messages were disappearing.) I left it enabled and it's still backing up my messages, but the problem somehow fixed itself.

When the Edge first started to delete my messages, I raised my messaging limit to 1,000 and set it so that it doesn't delete the old ones but that didn't help.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as though AT&T support knows how to fix this problem yet... Some phones seem to be working differently than others... Maybe disabling the sync feature will work for you. :eek:)

laninmia

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same issue and can not find a solution!! i am ready to send the phone back!!

kateatx

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

Same with my Note 4- in thinking it's an OS glitch?
But it's totally ridiculous, not to mention I sound crazy when I keep having to tell people to resend a text because my phone either ate it or has become sentient. It's driving me insane.
I've had to start writing important parts of texts (addresses, phone numbers, appts) on my hand as fast as possible before my phone deletes EVERYTHING.
Some of my own outgoing messages get deleted too, but everyone says they're still receiving them so that's not such a big deal.

Whyyyyyyyy

Frances Byrd

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

I had the same problem (phone deleting NEW messages) so after reading some posts in here ended up and seeing that none of the suggestions worked, I messed around with my texts settings. I ended up putting my setting to allow a text pop-up on and so far no problems. That was yesterday. I will update again if it goes back to erasing new messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana