Why is my AT&T Note Edge deleting incoming text messages?

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why is my AT&T Note Edge deleting incoming text messages?

Posting a 10th reply to reach 10 in an effort to post a link that may be a resolution to this issue.

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Okay now that I'm at 10 post I should be able to provide everyone with a link. As it turns out, if you look under the Messages application and select Settings, you'll see an "AT&T Message Backup & Sync" item. Clicking on it displays the terms of service and an FAQ link that tells you how to turn off the backup service. I'm going to be turning off my service today in hopes that it resolves the issue. For those of you looking to do the same, here's a link to the FAQ:

AT&T Messages Backup & Sync stores your messages in the cloud - AT&T Support

T-Roc

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note Edge Deleting Text Messages...

Call AT&T so they can make a case about the isue. Factory reset, updating to lolipop and replaceing the device through warranty doesn resolve the issue. Need all the example so can be a known issue and get a resolution for the issue.changeing the messaging center number and disabling the message backup syn in app manager dont resolve the issue either, but you can view your sms at messages.att.net. login with your att access id.

Danielle Sherman

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

My galaxy 6 just started doing this yesterday and i've only had the phone for a week.....soooo did what you did work or no??

Laurin Ross

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

I never had the att cloud back up and my s6 edge is deleting new messages that I receive and that I send.

Marc Shettleroe Jr

May 6, 2015
Visit site

I have the Edge 6 and have the same problem. It used to only happen when I was "hiding" my notifications while my phone was locked, but now it is happening even when I am not "hiding" my notifications. It is quite a pain considering it happens pretty frequently. It also seems to be a system issue with the Android software and not a phone issue, therefore requesting a new phone will not help. Has anyone else found any solutions?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Get back to me soon, because this is getting ridiculous

I never had the att cloud back up and my s6 edge is deleting new messages that I receive and that I send.

I have the Edge 6 and have the same problem. It used to only happen when I was "hiding" my notifications while my phone was locked, but now it is happening even when I am not "hiding" my notifications. It is quite a pain considering it happens pretty frequently. It also seems to be a system issue with the Android software and not a phone issue, therefore requesting a new phone will not help. Has anyone else found any solutions?

The cloud back up option shows up when setting up the phone. You might not have noticed you enabled it or if a rep did part of the set up, checked ok to allow cloud sync.

Haroldlo

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

Wife's phone was doing the same thing. Turns out if you dont have auto time turned on it will put incoming texts wherever it wants. Try turning auto time on in the settings.

twentytrump

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note Edge Deleting Text Messages...

guys you have Turned on "sync" in the dashboard . Switch it off first all the time or your photos etc will be deleted as well

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Paula Doyle1

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

my Samsung alpha with at&t just started doing this. no clue. no common denominator, one deleted itself while I was reading it.