Why is my AT&T Note Edge deleting incoming text messages?

Lori Fields

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why is my AT&T Note Edge deleting incoming text messages?

I have the Note 4 through ATT and after clearing the data & cache and then "force stop" mine is working fine! Good luck, hope this helps!

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note Edge Deleting Text Messages...

It IS the culprit. The sad thing is, the ONLY way to disable this is to call into customer care & have them remove the FEATURE attached to your account in OPUS. Its really ****ed up & effects ALL AT&T Note 4 & Note EDGE devices.

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

You cant turn it off. You can turn off the BACKUP as part of your Insurance package, but the SYNCING service requires a FEATURE level chnage on your rate plan.

Austin CSGOMart

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

I am pretty sure that I figured out the solution. If someone else could try it that would be helpful. So I noticed everytime I send a text and then press the lock button on the top of the phone the text disappears. Not sure if this is true for everyone.

I am currently using a galaxy note edge. On my HTC one m8 I don't have this issue.

Please let me know your thoughts.

My carrier is AT&T by the way.
Thanks

Angela Taylor4

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Well I tried all of what was suggested & nothing worked except doing tge factory reset, but what I did try & so far seems to be working fine. I logged on to my Samsung account & found I was still logged on to my previous Samsung phones I owned. Onced I logged out of those & only showed as being logged in to my current & only phone, my messages have not been deleting themselves. Soooo.... So far so good...

Posted via the Android Central App

Angela Taylor4

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Hey y'all, its been over two days since any of my text messages have deleted by themselves... I think we have a fix!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Sadly my AT&T BRAND NEW Samsung Galaxy Note Edge started doing this yesterday. At first I thought I was accidently deleting the message when I was responding, but couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing wrong. Now that I found this forum I know I'm not crazy.

Under Settings | General I found a "Backup and reset" option which is tied to my Google Account. Is this the AT&T Backup that was mentioned in prior posts?

If not, can someone tell me where to find the AT&T Backup setting?

Like others I'm very frustrated and totally pissed off about spending $900 on a phone that doesn't work. Automatically deleting messages is serious loss of personal information. I'm going to stop by the AT&T store today and see if they can turn off this AT&T Backup system that's been mentioned in prior posts.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Here's a quick status update. AT&T told me that there was no such thing as an AT&T Backup service. I'm not going to defend that point of view, but I thought I would pass on what I was told. Interestingly enough the sales representative had heard of the issue and laid blame on Samsung, which of course doesn't help me at all :(

Now the good news is the representative did know of an AT&T application that could possibly be deleting my messages. Its called "AT&T Locker". It wasn't listed as a program I could run from the Apps, but it was in memory and active. The representative took these steps to turn it off:
1) Open Settings.
2) Select Applications.
3) Select Application Manager.
4) Click on AT&T Locker.
5) Force stop the application.
6) Click Disable to prevent the application from running in the future.
7) Remove the Check mark on the Show notifications.

So far so good, but its only been an hour or so... I'll report back in a couple of days if these settings have resolved my issue. In the mean-time I wish you all luck with the issue.

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Well it took a day for the issue to re-emerge after uninstalling the AT&T Locker. Sadly uninstalling the AT&T Locker application is not the solution to this issue :(

I'm still looking for help if anyone has a suggestion / solution.

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Argh! This site requires me to post 10 times before I can include a link in the post. WTF that's not helpful at all :( So I'm going to apologize in advance for the spam that I'm about to create.

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Posting a 6th reply to reach 10 in an effort to post a link that may be a resolution to this issue.

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Posting a 7th reply to reach 10 in an effort to post a link that may be a resolution to this issue.

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Posting a 8th reply to reach 10 in an effort to post a link that may be a resolution to this issue.

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Posting a 9th reply to reach 10 in an effort to post a link that may be a resolution to this issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29