[Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Good luck. As a fall back, you can reflash a stock ROM and reroot.

Golfdriver97!! Thank you for this tutorial I just got my phone back to working now and no more boot looping! And also sorry for spelling ur name GOLDDRIVER97 instead of GOLFDRIVER97 I guess I was in a panicking mode! Lol. Please let me have ur paypal I wanna buy you a bear or an energy drink for this tutorial. You helped out so many people!! Thanks again.....!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Golfdriver97!! Thank you for this tutorial I just got my phone back to working now and no more boot looping! And also sorry for spelling ur name GOLDDRIVER97 instead of GOLFDRIVER97 I guess I was in a panicking mode! Lol. Please let me have ur paypal I wanna buy you a bear or an energy drink for this tutorial. You helped out so many people!! Thanks again.....!!

Lol...I am so accustomed to seeing alternate typings of my screen name that I didn't notice.
As for the Paypal, I don't have one. Pay it forward instead.

Glad it helped, and you are running again. See you around the forums.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

I have an S4 and i rooted it and flashed Cyanogenmod 11. I didnt like it so i tried to flash stock firmware and it failed, sending it to the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen on the s4. I can still put it into download mode but odin fails everytime. I have tried two different firmware downloads, different usb ports on my computer, and restarting the computer, but odin still fails. any ideas?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have an S4 and i rooted it and flashed Cyanogenmod 11. I didnt like it so i tried to flash stock firmware and it failed, sending it to the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen on the s4. I can still put it into download mode but odin fails everytime. I have tried two different firmware downloads, different usb ports on my computer, and restarting the computer, but odin still fails. any ideas?

Running Odin as an Administrator?

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

Updated Samsung drivers?

Yes. I only rooted the thing yesterday and i didnt like cyanogenmod so i went to change it back. im using the same usb port, micro usb cable, computer, and odin program as i did yesterday to root the thing.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Yes. I only rooted the thing yesterday and i didnt like cyanogenmod so i went to change it back. im using the same usb port, micro usb cable, computer, and odin program as i did yesterday to root the thing.

If you still have your custom recovery, have you tried loading a rooted stock ROM on your SD card and flashed that?

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

i was dumb and didnt make any kind of custom recovery. i backed all my memory up onto my computer but that wont help now. i cant get into recovery mode anyway. volume up+home+power takes me to the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

i was dumb and didnt make any kind of custom recovery. i backed all my memory up onto my computer but that wont help now. i cant get into recovery mode anyway. volume up+home+power takes me to the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen

omfg im almost crying right now. i flashed the cf auto root just for ****s and it worked. it took me back to the cyanogenmod rom though.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

omfg im almost crying right now. i flashed the cf auto root just for ****s and it worked. it took me back to the cyanogenmod rom though.

Hey, glad you are back up and running.

Sent from my One M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Abhishek Sharma19

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Wipe the SD card also in TWRP at the time of wiping cache

Hi,

At the time of flashing CM11 4.4.4 for samsung galaxy i9001, I have wipe the sd card also at the time of wiping dalvik cache. Now i am unable to see the rom file (rar) in the install menu. Nothing is coming. Please help me. I am unable to boot in the last OS. Please help me.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wipe the SD card also in TWRP at the time of wiping cache

Hi,

At the time of flashing CM11 4.4.4 for samsung galaxy i9001, I have wipe the sd card also at the time of wiping dalvik cache. Now i am unable to see the rom file (rar) in the install menu. Nothing is coming. Please help me. I am unable to boot in the last OS. Please help me.

Your device accepts a micro sd card, right?

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Asiya Zafar

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
from where should i download rom plz let me know i dont know anything about pc and mobiles

which file should we choose for pda

plz help me

Last edited by a moderator:

abilash10

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

hi friend i am in problem i have rooted my phone and as said to unroot install stock firmware as i downloaded from sam mobile and try to install from odin 3.9 as per instructions i get the followng message in odin 3.9 "
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G7102XXUBNG4_G7102ODDBNG4_G7102DDUBNF4_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)" and i get some updates as well a few days ago before rooting and i updated my phone via OTA too its just 21 mb file. help me to over come it .i posted some screen shot as well. while presing volume up power bootom and home key i get this message
ODIN mode
Product Name:sm g7102
current binary:custom
system status:custom
qualom secure boot:enable (cbs)
Rp swrev:s2 ,t2 ,r2 ,a2, p2
UDC Start .
and following message
FIRMWARE UPGRADED ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE.PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES AND TRY AGAIN.
12.jpg22.jpg33.jpg122.jpg

abilash10

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

odin mode
product name:Sm g7102
current binary :custom
system status::custom
qualcom secureboot :enable (cbs)
rp swrev:s2, t2, r2, a2 ,p2
udc start
sw rev check fail: [sbl 1] fused 2 > binary 1 in device

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Try redownloading the file, different cables, different USB ports, updating Samsung drivers.

I would suggest a different version of Odin too. 3.07, or 3.04.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Status
Not open for further replies.