when will the reviews be out? (Update: Reviews are live!)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
According to her Twitter, she won't be receiving her Pixel until tomorrow. Also keep in mind that Erica usually waits until she has had the phone for a few weeks to post a review.

Thanks for letting me know! And yes! I love that Erica posts "long term" reviews of the devices. Her reviews are the ones for which I actively search for.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know! And yes! I love that Erica posts "long term" reviews of the devices. Her reviews are the ones for which I actively search for.

I agree with you @Morty2264. I like that her reviews are both in-depth and well informed. I also really like Michael Fisher's as well. He just cracks me up sometimes too. 😂

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed just about every reviewer talking about good to very good battery life on the XL. That is music to my ears, and a bit unexpected I have to say. A nice surprise if this turns out to be true long term.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
This is an excellent Wired review that came out an hour ago:

https://www.wired.com/2017/10/review-google-pixel-2/

You guys are rubbing off on me–in a negative financial way. –I was going to wait until Black Friday so see what S8 or Pixel 2 deals were to be had, but I've almost pulled the trigger on the Pixel 2 five times in the last two days in reading the various Pixel threads.

Now where did I hide my credit card . . .

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Uh, you guys legitimately just made me spend some cash on this phone. –I KNEW trolling this forum was a bad idea . . . ??????

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn right now. I was all set on the smaller pixel until the reviews uniformly called it "dated" design. I'm also unsure exactly what the new hardware gets me versus what android 8 provides. I need to get to the Verizon store again to check out the hardware now that I'm familiar with the software.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Actually no. I can't wait to get my XL in hand.

I understand that, I was just messing with you. I ordered last night, even though I was all set to wait for at least a month. I'm cruising reviews too. If I'd ordered a day sooner my delivery would have been Oct 28-29, but that's pushed out by a week now.

I'm torn right now. I was all set on the smaller pixel until the reviews uniformly called it "dated" design. I'm also unsure exactly what the new hardware gets me versus what android 8 provides. I need to get to the Verizon store again to check out the hardware now that I'm familiar with the software.

I thought–and think–the same thing. I really dislike the iPhone-like legacy bezels–and that's my main gripe with it–but I just purchased it anyway, for all the other reasons. I'm thinking of it like the phone version of the Saab 900 I used to own. –Many people thought it was a goofy design and always wanted to know why the ignition switch was between the seats, but I really liked it in all of it's odd presentation.

–At least that's the theory that I'm going with . . . ;-)

Have you seen this review that was posted last night?

https://www.wired.com/2017/10/review-google-pixel-2/

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
The thing that struck me there was the effect of the launcher on the wallpaper, and how much of the bottom of the display was faded by it. Well I'm going to use Nova as per anyway, so that won't be a problem for me.