In screen Fingerprint scanner results

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The only app I'm having problems with is my bank app. fingerprint opens app but then can't scroll or tap on any options. I have to reopen a couple times and use pattern to open. Very annoying. don't know if it's the app or scanner

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There is an article today about many Pixel Pro screen flash when you touch power button. I wonder if the flash is for the fps?

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, so far today the fingerprint scanner is working great for me, set it up for my right thumb and index finger and my left thumb, no problems so far - it's working better than the back scanner on my Pixel 5!

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I dunno, so far today the fingerprint scanner is working great for me, set it up for my right thumb and index finger and my left thumb, no problems so far - it's working better than the back scanner on my Pixel 5!
What did you do different mine is still only working 70% of the time only.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I took my time with it and didn't rush it. And definitely use different angles and the tips of my thumb or the finger I was registering. It's really flawless for me. So good that I don't understand why everyone is having problems

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It is more responsive and has a better hit rate than my S10+ ultrasonic. Plus having the light helps with correct positioning. Have set up my popsocket so that my thumb rests in the perfect place for the FPS. Hit rate is 98-99%

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Got my 6pro this morning and I set up 4 fingers, both thumbs for when I'm holding the phone and both fore fingers for when the phone is sitting on the table. I turned my fingers in every direction, upside down and all around for each one and it works every time and very quickly.

That's great news! How are you liking your new 6 Pro? What colour did you get?

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I took my time with it and didn't rush it. And definitely use different angles and the tips of my thumb or the finger I was registering. It's really flawless for me. So good that I don't understand why everyone is having problems
I redid mine going really slowly and moving the fingers around you're right seems a lot better now

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Coming from three straight Samsung devices with in-display fingerprint readers, I would say it's better than the S10 but worse than my S21 Ultra. A little finicky, but getting better as I continue to use it. Thankfully I use Smart Lock with my Galaxy Watch 4, which means I only really need to use it for banking and financial apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazuyaDarklight