Those of you who have the 6 Pro, impressions of the curved screen?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
The LG 4 I'm using was my first Smart Phone and remember that feeling, wading through all the cool customizations I had no idea you could do with a phone. I am looking forward to that feeling again :).
You will enjoy it for sure ..Google Assistant is next level on this phone ...I don't type out stuff now only when out in crowded areas ...

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
You will enjoy it for sure ..Google Assistant is next level on this phone ...I don't type out stuff now only when out in crowded areas ...

After having my LG for 5 years, I just started using Assistant and don't ever want to go back to typing out searches again. It doesn't get it right every time, but close enough. The other reason I'm looking at the Pixel 6/Pro is the dictation feature. The one on my phone sucks, and often mistypes and capitalizes the wrong words.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Like all the other phones I have had with a curved screen, I like it. It's especially nice using the "back" gesture. Your finger sort of rolls up over the glass curve and onto the screen.

The only significant problem with curved screens is usually no glass screen protectors that work well. TPU works because it can be pressed down over the edges. It looks and feels great for a week but then I get "worn down" areas on the screen (this could just be a me problem).

Anyway, curved screen is great on this phone.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
There are simply more "issues" with curved screens. Accidental presses and fragility are the two main complaints. The only phone screen that ever cracked on me was the Galaxy S7. And that was with the slightest of falls.

But there are so many both on this and other forums who hate curved screens. So its clearly is a controversial subject.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
When I had my 4xl and was considering the 6P, I was afraid I'd hate the curved screen. Well, now I have the 6P and although I don't love it (and would prefer flat), it's really not an issue. I really only notice it when looking at photos where it looks like the edges of the image are warped. I really hope for the future Google goes back to flat.
I've had no accidental touches at all.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
When I had my 4xl and was considering the 6P, I was afraid I'd hate the curved screen. Well, now I have the 6P and although I don't love it (and would prefer flat), it's really not an issue. I really only notice it when looking at photos where it looks like the edges of the image are warped. I really hope for the future Google goes back to flat.
I've had no accidental touches at all.

It sounds like accidental touches aren't really an issue for most... That's a good thing. I have big hands, and in my limited experience with curved screens, I had to hold the phone in an awkward position to avoid accidental touches, which gave me a less secure grip on the phone.

Aside from that I don't have an issue with some curves :p

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Does the Pro give up screen real estate with the curved edge and have actually less horizontal room for reading text than the regular Pixel 6?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the Pro give up screen real estate with the curved edge and have actually less horizontal room for reading text than the regular Pixel 6?

JR Raphael actually did find that to be the case to a very minor extent when he compared a Pixel 6 and a 6 Pro side by side.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Don't have the 6 Pro (just the 6), but one of the things that always bugged me the most about the curved screens on my Samsungs was the additional glare.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
This is my first phone with a curved screen and it doesn't bother me at all. I notice some reflections in certain lighting conditions but that's no big deal to me. As others have noted, the curve does help with initiating the swipe back gesture from the edge. I haven't noticed any accidental touches along the edge, either.

dleavins

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
I was not a fan of curved screens in general, but I got the pro for the camera upgrade. I'm glad I did. The curved screen has been fine so far.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I have both P6s. The pro is easier to navigate through regarding the swipe gesture, due to the curved screen.

The fluidity of using the Pro is noticeable too. More so after using the regular 6 for awhile

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
So far, it seems like most folks here that purchased the 6 Pro are either not that put off by the curved screen, or like it. Sounds like it shouldn't be a deterrent to the otherwise better hardware in the 6P over the standard 6 in terms of the telephoto lens, more RAM and better screen. Now if the Retailers would just give us poor slobs a better deal on the 6P price like they're doing with the standard 6!

For anyone into reading the more techie side of the screen comparison...
https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-6-pro-display-review/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez