Manually Apply 2.0.1 Update WORKING

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
OK I tried the Droid + Astro. It also failed. Same error.:(

Sounds like you are doing it correctly, the method of downloading the file and/or getting it onto the sdcard is not going to change the error you are seeing. Unless a technical person has the same problem and can provide insight, you really just have to wait the day or 2 to get the update from verizon and see if that does the trick. It's my understanding that the update that manually install and the one they send is indeed the exact same, but you'll only know once u get it from them.

It might be doing some verification that the current build is authentic and in the state that it would expect, and bags if it doesnt find that. If that is the case and you have not tampered with the OS then you'll probably need technical assistance from verizon or a new phone.

Good luck

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Still no Notifications if someone writes on your wall or something, but now I'm receiving notifications if someone tags me in a post or "pokes" me. Weird...

i don't think the current facebook app has a setting to alert you for wall posts or comments, so it's not that the app isn't working right, it's that the feature just isn't in it.

R

Roy Aguilera

I got used to the new lock screen.
Along with what everyone else is noticing.
-I also like how the Power and Media widegets are now Blackish/Gray
-For some weird reason GPS now works better, when using BW and WWD I would get LA (regardless of wether I was in Burbank or Northridge). Now I get the actual city name.
-Even the GDE transitions using cube look better.
I am happy with this update.

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It might be doing some verification that the current build is authentic and in the state that it would expect, and bags if it doesnt find that. If that is the case and you have not tampered with the OS then you'll probably need technical assistance from verizon or a new phone.

Man. What a hassle ~ :(

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Finally got some free time at work to apply this update. Coming from bb for 3 years and the storm most recently I have applied quite a few operating systems. This install on the droid was ridiculously easy and only took about 10 minutes to complete. Phone seems to running pretty smooth not as many transitional hiccups. Especially glad they got the choppiness out of pulling down the notification tray. I guess the new lock screen is ok, liked the other one better but not a big deal.

chuckthepilot

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I read somewhere that Verizons update will not work if you have 40% or less battery life left, and would assume the manual one is the same way. This might be causing some people issues,

PS. Same positive reports as everyone else, can't wait for the next one!!!

Last edited:

randy_m

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I got used to the new lock screen.
Along with what everyone else is noticing.
-I also like how the Power and Media widegets are now Blackish/Gray
-For some weird reason GPS now works better, when using BW and WWD I would get LA (regardless of wether I was in Burbank or Northridge). Now I get the actual city name.
-Even the GDE transitions using cube look better.
I am happy with this update.

I wish my GPS said LA...it's COLD here (Minnesota) :)

My update went fine, and I have the 40/09 build date.

coltrainxiii

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
man this is really starting to piss me off

i've got some dolt on another forum that keeps telling me over and over, "no, rename it to just update and it will work" :mad:

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
man this is really starting to piss me off

i've got some dolt on another forum that keeps telling me over and over, "no, rename it to just update and it will work" :mad:

I think you just have to wait until verizons auto update comes through and see if that fixes. You're not missing that much in the update, it's not like its a new toy after it.

You'd also think that out of the people that already got verizons auto, u might have heard in forums/google about problems, but I haven't heard any. Chances are the auto update will work.

coltrainxiii

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
yeah i'm not really concerned about getting the update. what i am concerned about is that there's something franked up with my phone that will prevent me from installing other mods and such. that's half the fun of having an android phone.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Installed with no issues using Ubuntu so much easier than bb updates and leaks. Not to mention the hybrids.