Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to give this one more week. If things have not changed by then, I'm going to dump the Note 7 for something else. I hate to do it, because I love the device, but every day I'm not using it normally is a day I'm not getting much benefit out of the money I've spent.

My Sprint store just told me that their Samsung rep told them it would be mid-October at the earliest.

vkeitt21

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I went to my local Sprint store here in Raleigh, NC, and was told that the replacement N7s should be in by the end of this week/beginning of next week. The inconsistency in statements across the board have me concerned. I love the N7 that I have, it's performing fine and doesn't overheat, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have concerns given recent reports. I would wait on the V20, but the Sprint store reps aren't even sure if it's coming even though I saw a landing page saying that it was coming to Sprint.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
After checking 4 sprint stores nobody has an HTC 10! I didnt know they were so popular. So I decided to get the s7 edge even though ive been anti Samsung feeling today. Its probably for the best, I'm deep into Samsungs Eco-system (Samsung pay, samsung plus platinum members + i love their displays, edge features, look of phones etc) I also got the mophie case to double my battery life.

kh965

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just called (888) 211-4727, navigated through the phone tree to get to a live person and asked for the Advance Exchange Team. It was handled very quickly once I was on with them. I just got the email saying my shipment is on back order as expected.

Thanks for the tip. I called this afternoon, asked for the advance exchanged team, everything was handled well, I was asked very few questions and I got my email saying my replacement order is being processed.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well i did get with the Team finally and she did say it would be a day or 2 faster if done at the store but i have no want to deal with them so a day or 2 longer and get it right from sprint is fine by me. Way more easy to deal with then the stores. And besides ive had the phone a few weeks now and a few days more then going to the store is fine.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
In just thinking about holding onto mine and waiting for the s8. They will still have to allow the exchange, right? No way I'm going to a 6 Mo old s7 especially when I waited to use my upgrade for this phone.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
In just thinking about holding onto mine and waiting for the s8. They will still have to allow the exchange, right? No way I'm going to a 6 Mo old s7 especially when I waited to use my upgrade for this phone.

I doubt they extend the recall for a full exchange that long. Were talking the 1st of next year before that comes about and i would assume there will be a deadline at sometime to get full value on a return.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So i just got off the phone with advanced exchange and they processed my replacement order no problem. I actually spoke to an American girl here in the states. I was almost giddy that i didn't get a foreigner with an accent i couldn't understand and reading from a script.
Abreast
Anyway i will get my replacement the same way i got this one and send back the old one after I've backed the new one up. I'm definetly hanging onto my n7 until the new one arrives. Phone is doing fine did far.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So i just got off the phone with advanced exchange and they processed my replacement order no problem. I actually spoke to an American girl here in the states. I was almost giddy that i didn't get a foreigner with an accent i couldn't understand and reading from a script.
Abreast
Anyway i will get my replacement the same way i got this one and send back the old one after I've backed the new one up. I'm definetly hanging onto my n7 until the new one arrives. Phone is doing fine did far.
Score to bad we all can't do that.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well just got off the phone with Sprint 25 min total 20 of that on hold , asked if the replacment note 7 could be sent to me & that I did not want a loner, and to my surprise the girl from the states was happy to do that.
Ended the call with a reference # for the advanced exchange team and notes on my account.
I'm almost in shock how easy it was and my note, I was super nice to the girl dident stress on her.
Also recieved email confirmation of this request/transcation states my new Note 7 is on backorder and will ship asap , I did however forget to request a color change so looks like I'm staying blue as the email says...

Last edited:

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Is any one from sprint having Note 7 issues mine is made in china wondering if we were lucky and missed the bad part of things?

Last edited:

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is any one from sprint having Note 7 issues mine is made in china wondering if we were lucky and missed the bad part of things?

All of the Sprint phones were built in China. The phones that were built in China for the Chinese market are the ones with different batteries. It had something to do with contracts on who built the batteries for phones sold in China. ATL is a Chinese company and China required Samsung to use them for the Chinese market phones. All the others use the batteries built by Samsung SDI.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
All of the Sprint phones were built in China. The phones that were built in China for the Chinese market are the ones with different batteries. It had something to do with contracts on who built the batteries for phones sold in China. ATL is a Chinese company and China required Samsung to use them for the Chinese market phones. All the others use the batteries built by Samsung SDI.
Ok tks for the education there good to know.

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Today I had a conversation with a Samsung rep at Bestbuy and here's what she said. The Bestbuy manager had a conference call with a high level Samsung official.there have been fewer phones catching fire than have been reported. Of the very few Note 7 that have been found bad none were in the USA. Samsung basically says that there is nothing wrong with the phones but now that the US Government agency is involved the are going for replacement of all Note 7s sold in the US. Ste rep also told me that they were already received some and have started replacing phones as requested by the customer.

Before I had this conversation at Bestbuy the Sprint subcontractor where I purchased my Note 7 told me new phones would not be available until mid October. After visiting bestbuy I went to our local Sprint corporate store and they said that they were supposed to get replacements today but they did not come in.

Still a big fiasco.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Only problem I have with advanced exchange is you get what they have. You can't pick the color you want.

I got the same color i had which is black. I could have changed colors if i wanted too. I did ask the Rep since i was considering silver for half a second but decided to stay with black.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I got the same color i had which is black. I could have changed colors if i wanted too. I did ask the Rep since i was considering silver for half a second but decided to stay with black.

Wow, it really was pretty simple, guys. I recommend everyone try this. I just made sure to follow the prompts for tech support, and when I got to a live person, she made it super easy. It sounded like she's done a bunch of these. By default, she kept the same color for me but I could've asked for a different one. She told me that the replacement will be sent to me when they're available and I will receive a replacement kit for the recalled one. I should be receiving a confirmation email soon. It's a relief to no longer have to worry about dealing with stores and all the confusion there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty