Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey simmer down, Dude. I was'nt complaining or not understanding what's going on. I merely stated the fact that the VZW Corporate Store were NOT prepared to take possession of my recalled phone yet.
Of course they aren't going to do that. Then you won't have a device to exchange when they get the fixed Note7's in. They aren't going to warehouse these devices for you and risk someone claiming they turned in their device when they didn't. That isn't how it works. You hold onto your own device and when they get the fixed Note7's in, you bring it in and exchange it. Or return it now for a refund.

They aren't giving out loaner phones so there is no reason for them to take your device now since they don't have any fixed Note7's to give to you now.

wboyce58

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I spoke with Verizon they are giving refunds until the 30th. After that if we have a blow up with our phone they will not replace it. I got a hold of Samsung and they said the new ones will be out next week. I am in Ohio and bought my phone in New Jersey they said to call the store and they will walk me through the return. The policy will be posted in a week.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I figured this was a good opportunity to have all three flavors.

And I have a Boxer. So a box of Boxer puppies
would definitely make amends with Samsung.

Maybe I'll swap for silver also. I got sick of the silver/chrome S7 edge after a couple of weeks and went for black.
Is the silver Note 7 the same Chrome/Mirror silver of the S7 Edge?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
This is just my guess but I would think the replacement will be just a Note 7 in a box with instructions nothing more.

I doubt they will have differnt packaging, though it could happen. My guess would be they will produce and package units for sale. That is what you will get when you exchange Note for Note. Time will tell, once the program gets started. I am in no rush. I am going to use the Note I have now until I bump up against the exchange deadline, which we don't know yet.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Of course they aren't going to do that. Then you won't have a device to exchange when they get the fixed Note7's in. They aren't going to warehouse these devices for you and risk someone claiming they turned in their device when they didn't. That isn't how it works. You hold onto your own device and when they get the fixed Note7's in, you bring it in and exchange it. Or return it now for a refund.

They aren't giving out loaner phones so there is no reason for them to take your device now since they don't have any fixed Note7's to give to you now.
Well, I would rather have gotten something "informative" from the rep at the store, from Verizon itself. But in the meantime that IS a good point.

Thanks. Peace. Alan

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I would rather have gotten something "informative" from the rep at the store, from Verizon itself. But in the meantime that IS a good point.

Thanks. Peace. Alan
Give it time.. Remember, this recall, worldwide, is unprecedented in the cell phone world. This is new to all of them also. I actually feel a little sorry for carriers and reps right now.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is just taking them back. Don't have any to give and don't know if Samsung is sending new ones yet. That's the Verizon store rep.

Samsung is sending new ones. They just identified the issue. It takes some time reset the line, get production restarted, new QC protocol put in place, then box them up and ship them. The fact that they are even talking about delivering some next week is amazing.

Verizon is allowing you to do a return if you are afraid your phone could explode. They will allow you to switch once they have stock of the newer devices.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Samsung is sending new ones. They just identified the issue. It takes some time reset the line, get production restarted, new QC protocol put in place, then box them up and ship them. The fact that they are even talking about delivering some next week is amazing.

Verizon is allowing you to do a return if you are afraid your phone could explode. They will allow you to switch once they have stock of the newer devices.

Is there any thoughts about the VZW customers who preordered from the Verizon Website being able to exchange at a Corporate Store?

Peace. Alan

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there any thoughts about the VZW customers who preordered from the Verizon Website being able to exchange at a Corporate Store?

Peace. Alan
I don't think Verizon has been clear on that yet. I would expect more details from carriers the first of the week. Remember also, Monday is a holiday.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope they don't revert the USB-C back to a Micro USB? :(

That is not happening. It is battery related, not port related. Changing that port would create a partial redesign, then a rerun of the frames. No way that gets done that quicly. Right now, they are just looking at assembly only, no new parts to qualify and manufacture.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Currently Verizon is only letting you downgrade. They have nothing in place for Note for Note trade. That is ridiculous.

You have 30 days. Hang on and wait for new Note. That's what I am doing. Some may choose to take a different model completely. Not me.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Peace. Alan

I am one of those who ordered online. I am going to WAIT until there is stock, and THEN ask them what to do for the exchange. Until there is new stock, any info we get is likely unreliable, especially in these earliest of days.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Give it time.. Remember, this recall, worldwide, is unprecedented in the cell phone world. This is new to all of them also. I actually feel a little sorry for carriers and reps right now.

They are learning the process too. Patience. I also feel sorry for them. This isn't their fault. Be nice when talking to them. This isn't their fault

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am one of those who ordered online. I am going to WAIT until there is stock, and THEN ask them what to do for the exchange. Until there is new stock, any info we get is likely unreliable, especially in these earliest of days.

YES!!! This is the approach. Relax, allow the new units to get stocked, policies to get in place, then go in. I plan to wait an bit beyond that even. I want the stores to have done many before I go in, so I am in there as short a time as possible.

In fact, I ordered on line as well. If they will ship me a new one, and allow me to ship back after getting the new one (my absolute preference), I will be all over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress