Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just left my local Verizon Corporate store and I am a little annoyed. Called last week and was told to bring my phone with box back on Wednesday, Sept 21st. Called again yesterday morning to confirm and check maybe they will do the exchange if they already got in stock. Was told, I need to come to the store tomorrow and they can't hold anything for me but they have plenty in stock. Stopped by earlier this morning and was told, they no longer have any left in stock. Told the girl, I called yesterday and what I was told. She said they did have them yesterday but they started the exchange early because too many people were asking. Of course, this is not the end of the world but I was annoyed how badly this was handled.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local Verizon corporate store. I was told there are 13 people in line for the Notes and its a couple hours wait. I'm glad they got some, but it seems obvious everyone (carriers and Samsung) underestimated the amount of people who want this phone.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just left my local Verizon Corporate store and I am a little annoyed. Called last week and was told to bring my phone with box back on Wednesday, Sept 21st. Called again yesterday morning to confirm and check maybe they will do the exchange if they already got in stock. Was told, I need to come to the store tomorrow and they can't hold anything for me but they have plenty in stock. Stopped by earlier this morning and was told, they no longer have any left in stock. Told the girl, I called yesterday and what I was told. She said they did have them yesterday but they started the exchange early because too many people were asking. Of course, this is not the end of the world but I was annoyed how badly this was handled.

Try a different corporate store.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Got my Note 7 exchanged this morning as soon as the store opened. I brought the box and all accessories with. The Rep didn't even look in the box, just set up my new phone, and was going to give me the new box. I asked her what they were doing with the accessories in the old box, and she said, nothing, and asked if I wanted to keep them, and I sure did!

But, the weird thing is she told me that the $25 credit is only if u swapped the phone for another Samsung phone, and not the Note, so now I have to call the 1-800 number to have them give me my $25 credit.

Either way, got my new phone, and extra accessories. :)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Got my Note 7 exchanged this morning as soon as the store opened. I brought the box and all accessories with. The Rep didn't even look in the box, just set up my new phone, and was going to give me the new box. I asked her what they were doing with the accessories in the old box, and she said, nothing, and asked if I wanted to keep them, and I sure did!

But, the weird thing is she told me that the $25 credit is only if u swapped the phone for another Samsung phone, and not the Note, so now I have to call the 1-800 number to have them give me my $25 credit.

Either way, got my new phone, and extra accessories. :)

My counter jockey would not let me keep my accessories. :-\

BxChick

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok so i now officially HATE verizon!!!!!! I've been on the phone for about 2 hours arguing with them about sending me a brand new replacement. 2 damn hours!!!!! They first said that i would have to go into a Verizon store to exchange. I told them that was not an option, i need the new phone shipped to me. So i asked to speak to a supervisor not a manager after speaking with this [removed] he finally gives in and says he will ship me one out. So he puts on the rep i was first speaking with and i ask her if i can get it shipped overnight she says yes but comes back to the phone saying i have to pay taxes to get the phone shipped to me WTF?????? I'm not paying [removed]. Just send me a replacement asap!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
... saying i have to pay taxes to get the phone shipped to me WTF?????? I'm not paying [removed]. Just send me a replacement asap!!
You do need to pay it, I did as well, because they are treating it as a return and repurchase instead of an exchange. HOWEVER, you will get the original tax paid credited back, along with any payments you already made, when they receive your current Note 7/interim phone.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I can't stand Verizon. Sitting in this store. 15 people waiting for a CSR. I am watching them move at 40% speed. Every movement. Finish a customer? Time to go in back and take a break. Yes I can see you sweep the store with your eyes before you did that. Zero Fs given. Why? Because they can. Should have just called and had it shipped.

Update: This might be hell. Customer next to be blasting Sound of Silence over and over and over on different Bluetooth speakers at full volume. 4 CSRs at counter 2 of which on their personal cell phones. Best is the guy at door taking names for the line doing nothing because no new people. 3 empty registers. Why? Who's going to stop them. Nothing to do but rant. Thanks for listening.

DANG...were you in Pikesville (MD) store????

While I waited for my reserved Note, a person in front of me was a walk in exchange. They were able to give him one as he was the first walk in of the day but I heard the manager say they only had 3 "unspoken for" phones left. All black. They got some of every color in but all had been reserved, save the last 3. When I put my name on the list last night I was about 18th I think. Most didn't have a color preference listed. So I don't know how many my store got, but if you go to Pikesville corporate and want one...there were only 3 as of 10:00 a.m. in black, unless you had one reserved via the list and a phone call the night before.

Last edited:

BxChick

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
You do need to pay it, I did as well, because they are treating it as a return and repurchase instead of an exchange. HOWEVER, you will get the original tax paid credited back, along with any payments you already made, when they receive your current Note 7/interim phone.

Will i be able to get it back on my Debit card??? I'm so mad right now

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Not happy with the battery live so far

Down to 32% in 14 hours that includes overnight
Back on the charger charge time 1 hour 41 minutes

Showing 100% complete but light is still red and came in 20 minutes shorter than originally stated

NormanBites

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Ok so i now officially HATE verizon!!!!!! I've been on the phone for about 2 hours arguing with them about sending me a brand new replacement. 2 damn hours!!!!! They first said that i would have to go into a Verizon store to exchange. I told them that was not an option, i need the new phone shipped to me. So i asked to speak to a supervisor not a manager after speaking with this [removed] he finally gives in and says he will ship me one out. So he puts on the rep i was first speaking with and i ask her if i can get it shipped overnight she says yes but comes back to the phone saying i have to pay taxes to get the phone shipped to me WTF?????? I'm not paying [removed]. Just send me a replacement asap!!

I am about to lose my mind - my first call to Verizon *611 this morning was great, spoke to an awesome rep. (even though she wouldn't let me order online) who assured me she would contact my local store and try to have a phone set aside for me. I had about 5 minutes of hope...She has been sending me texts since 10:00, obviously she can't get through to anyone either. Pretty sure I will not be picking up a replacement after work today.

So on a whim I decided to try to go the "Chat" route with Verizon online - what a horrible experience. The whole time I was told that Verizon would not send out a new phone - they needed to have the replacement sent to them first. She kept sending me links to the Verizon site explaining the return policy, I've had more productive conversations with a dog. At this point I can pretty much guarantee that all of my local stores are sold out already. WTH Verizon??? I am in Buffalo, NY is anyone else having better luck?

Last edited by a moderator:

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I arrived at my nearest Verizon store as the doors were being opened. I walked out 20 minutes later with my replacement blue n7.

It would have been quicker, but there was a few hoops the agent had to go through to keep my unlimited data.

I returned the box without the charger or earphones. He never opened it.

There was no taxes or restocking fee. I forgot to ask about the $25 credit. It doesn't appear I got it. I'll have to look into getting it.

All day yesterday and after they closed, the website showed they did not have blue in stock, but did have other colors. 5am this morning I checked again, and they were in stock.

I'm glad to have had a smooth ending to this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non