10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 56789 ...
tools
    If I decide to hold onto my Note 7 until a new one comes out do you think they'd still let me swap it out for it?
    If you aren't getting a new Note 7, no reason not to go swap out for the new phone now.
    09-03-2016 11:15 AM
    If you aren't getting a new Note 7, no reason not to go swap out for the new phone now.
    The reason why I don't want to do that is because there is nothing comparable to the Note that is on the market. I don't want the edge which is smaller and older.
    09-03-2016 11:22 AM
    I did the registration for replacement notification on Tmobiles website....this at least gives me peace of mind until the replacements are available.....T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread-screenshot_20160903-124426.png
    09-03-2016 11:46 AM
    I did the registration for replacement notification on Tmobiles website....this at least gives me peace of mind until the replacements are available.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160903-124426.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	238343
    Are you supposed to get an email after you request it?
    09-03-2016 11:47 AM
    Are you supposed to get an email after you request it?
    Yep you should get a email...thats the confirmation email I posted in that screenshot....
    09-03-2016 11:49 AM
    Yep you should get a email...thats the confirmation email I posted in that screenshot....
    I didn't get anything. How did you register to request a replacement?
    09-03-2016 11:50 AM
    The reason why I don't want to do that is because there is nothing comparable to the Note that is on the market. I don't want the edge which is smaller and older.
    They aren't going to let you keep hanging on and on until you pick something else. They are giving you time.
    09-03-2016 11:52 AM
    I didn't get anything. How did you register to request a replacement?
    Might want to check your settings in My T-Mobile.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:53 AM
    Okay
    09-03-2016 12:00 PM
    BLOW ME VZW............................................YO GET THIS.I WAS TOLD I WILL NOT GET EXCHANGED BY VZW BECAUSE I LEFT CARRIER a few days ago, and even if have purchase proof, wont exchange or refund as i bought on 20th august.
    You need to contact Verizon's corporate office or Samsung.
    09-03-2016 12:19 PM
    Because if they made them defective the first time, who knows if they'll do it right the second time. This is the first time I've bought a phone with a non removable battery. I was iffy about doing that but I did it because I've had every single Note phone. Now with this issue I feel that it was a bad idea. Knowing the possibility of the replacement having issues too and not being able to just swap out the battery.
    If you've had every single note phone, how in the world is this your first non removable battery phone? Note 5....
    msm0511 and alwilliam like this.
    09-03-2016 12:26 PM
    I checked my settings. Everything is fine. Still didn't get any email like that.
    09-03-2016 12:27 PM
    If you've had every single note phone, how in the world is this your first non removable battery phone? Note 5....
    THIS!!!!
    09-03-2016 12:49 PM
    THIS!!!!
    I forgot about the Note 5 completely. Lol. That was the only one I skipped. I hated that it had no SD card option.
    09-03-2016 12:52 PM
    Just got back from my local T-Mobile store. They were very unsure about how to handle things and admitted that nothing official had been decided yet and that there was no set procedure in place. I was the first customer to try and return the Note 7.

I told them things that I had read on T-Mobile's website (that I could return my phone even if i was outside the the 14 day window) and 2/3 of the employees said "no, that's wrong," but one of the employees got on the phone and called someone who said I could return it no matter what, and to ring it up as a "no receipt return." So they did this for me.

I wanted to make sure that this wouldn't affect my JOD status, and that I'd still get my 2 jumps this year. They said "yes, you will." But once they had processed my transaction (swapping Note7 for S7Edge) it actually took me OFF of JOD. Yikes. They don't offer JOD anymore, so I was really worried about being able to get it back. They tried a few different ways to add JOD back, but it didn't work. Finally they did something, but said I would have to pay $20 upfront to get back on JOD, but that they would credit my account the $20 to zero it out.

So, all in all, they were very helpful and nice, but it seems like there is still a lot of misinformation going around. So if you go to a T-Mobile and don't get the answers you want, talk to another salesperson in the store and/or have them call whomever it is they call when they need help.
    09-03-2016 12:53 PM
    I checked my settings. Everything is fine. Still didn't get any email like that.
    Did you check your spam/junk folder? Just a thought. I got a text once from T-Mo and the security thing from my Note 7 identified as a potential spam.
    Anyway the email is just for info purposes. When the new one comes, just go to the store and swap it.
    09-03-2016 12:55 PM
    Did you check your spam/junk folder? Just a thought. I got a text once from T-Mo and the security thing from my Note 7 identified as a potential spam.
    Anyway the email is just for info purposes. When the new one comes, just go to the store and swap it.
    How will I know when the new one comes if they don't notify me? I guess by following this forum.
    09-03-2016 12:58 PM
    Probably -- I feel like TMo has such great customer service that if you called or went into a store they would probably make some sort of exception.
    I called about this same issue. They made no exception whatsoever. I have a business account with multiple lines.
    09-03-2016 01:00 PM
    When returning to the store for the exchange later on when the replacements are available, what if someone has, say, accidentally misplaced the box with the charger, manuals, etc in it? Will they give me a phone without a box?! What if I've lost my stylus!? I haven't but hey it's my phone and I'm clumsy and it could happen!
    09-03-2016 01:06 PM
    When returning to the store for the exchange later on when the replacements are available, what if someone has, say, accidentally misplaced the box with the charger, manuals, etc in it? Will they give me a phone without a box?! What if I've lost my stylus!? I haven't but hey it's my phone and I'm clumsy and it could happen!
    I think they just want the phone back
    acentralist likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:11 PM
    Check your spam folder or bulk email folder. I use Gmail and got my conformation email in my bulk folder.

Btw they give you until Sept. 30th if you want a refund or exchange it for a different phone. By that time the V20 should be out so you might want to keep that in mind instead of acting right away and refunding the device. I plan on getting a Note 7 again, but if the V20 somehow blows the Note out of the water I might go to the store and ask to swap it out but most likely I'm sticking with Note 7.

Btw lets say if the V20 is $750, do they refund you the $100 difference in price since the Note 7 was $850 or are you SOL and it's an even exchange? That would suck. I'd make them throw in a spare battery and a Defender case to make the difference up.
    09-03-2016 01:12 PM
    They didn't ask me for anything but the phone itself. I did still have the stylus, though.
    acentralist likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:13 PM
    Check your spam folder or bulk email folder. I use Gmail and got my conformation email in my bulk folder.

Btw they give you until Sept. 30th if you want a refund or exchange it for a different phone. By that time the V20 should be out so you might want to keep that in mind instead of acting right away and refunding the device. I plan on getting a Note 7 again, but if the V20 somehow blows the Note out of the water I might go to the store and ask to swap it out but most likely I'm sticking with Note 7.

Btw lets say if the V20 is $750, do they refund you the $100 difference in price since the Note 7 was $850 or are you SOL and it's an even exchange? That would suck. I'd make them throw in a spare battery and a Defender case to make the difference up.
    They have to refund the difference in price. And I heard it's going to cost 650. Don't take me 100 % on that though. It's only a rumor on Reddit.
    09-03-2016 01:13 PM
    If I decide to hold onto my Note 7 until a new one comes out do you think they'd still let me swap it out for it?
    I read somewhere the deadline is September 30, for T-Mobile customers to exchange their Note 7. That said, I think by law Samsung is required to repair the phone without forcing you to do so by a certain date. So what I'm thinking is while T-Mobile may stop honoring their exchange after September 30, you should still be able to send your phone to Samsung after that for repair/exchange. Keep in mind, there aren't much data out there about this yet, so much of what I'm saying is pure speculation.
    09-03-2016 01:14 PM
    I called about this same issue. They made no exception whatsoever. I have a business account with multiple lines.
    They will let you give back the N7 as if you never did it, so then you don't have to turn in your N5.
    09-03-2016 01:15 PM
2,848 ... 56789 ...