T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully it will be easy and they have a lot of stock when they start selling again. And I don't want issues when I want to go from black to blue. Hahahaha

acentralist

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I haven't turned my N5 in yet...I think it's due back the 5th or 6th I'm wondering if I can get that extended until the replacements come in case anything happens to my N7.

I talked to cs at T-Mobile about this very topic. He was extremely difficult to understand, but basically said no. If I don't ship my Note 5 by the 30th day from the date I received my Note 7, I'd be charged the amount that I owed on my Note 5.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Just got an email from TMO. They're giving us 3 options:
1. Sign-up (with a link) to get notified when the new Note 7 is available.
2. Switch to a new device.
3. Get a full refund at ANY T-Mobile store.

I don't want any other phone so I just signed up to get notified. Hopefully I can switch to the blue one.

acentralist

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Question: what if I don't return my Note 7 in the next week or so? How about in a month from now? In other words, is there a due date by which I must turn in my Note 7 for a replacement? I'm aware of the risks involved, but let's just say I'm OK with it for now. Once they have the new ones out, will they still offer me the option to replace mine or do I have to send it in for repair and be without a phone during the said time?!

acentralist

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I don't want any other phone so I just signed up to get notified. Hopefully I can switch to the blue one.

Lucky you! I haven't received anything from them. Oh I take that back. They did send me a text promoting the free 6" subway chicken sub!!!

CrisG

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Question: what if I don't return my Note 7 in the next week or so? How about in a month from now? In other words, is there a due date by which I must turn in my Note 7 for a replacement? I'm aware of the risks involved, but let's just say I'm OK with it for now. Once they have the new ones out, will they still offer me the option to replace mine or do I have to send it in for repair and be without a phone during the said time?!

It looks like the deadline is September 30. This is what it says on their website:

Customers can visit their local T-Mobile store where they bought the device or call 611 on their mobile phone or 1-800-937-8997 through at least September 30 to take advantage of either option.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if they're going to start sending out those emails. I didn't get anything. I would like to sign up to know when the new phone is out and I can change it.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Sorry. Didn't finish my thought on the rest of that last post. After moving the S7, I can keep the gift I got on promo for buying the N7 but if I just get a replacement N7 I get...nothing? Seems a tad bit weak to me. I guess a phone that doesn't explode is considered a perk these days. And here I thought that was supposed to be a standard option.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if they're going to start sending out those emails. I didn't get anything. I would like to sign up to know when the new phone is out and I can change it.

Got my email around 2AM. The link to sign-up is https:// explore.t-mobile.com/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall?

They also send you a follow-up email once you signed up that your exchange request is confirmed.

Last edited:

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Sorry. Didn't finish my thought on the rest of that last post. After moving the S7, I can keep the gift I got on promo for buying the N7 but if I just get a replacement N7 I get...nothing? Seems a tad bit weak to me. I guess a phone that doesn't explode is considered a perk these days. And here I thought that was supposed to be a standard option.

If you get a replacement, its an exchange. You're not buying and paying for another phone. You already have your gift. Do you seriously expect another gift? Or maybe I misunderstood your comment. If you decide for a Note 7 replacement you get to keep the gift as well, if that is what you're trying to ask. Even if you decide for a full return/refund, you still keep the gift.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If you get a replacement, its an exchange. You're not buying and paying for another phone. You already have your gift. Do you seriously expect another gift? Or maybe I misunderstood your comment. If you decide for a Note 7 replacement you get to keep the gift as well, if that is what you're trying to ask. Even if you decide for a full return/refund, you still keep the gift.
I'm not expecting another gift. It just seems tmo isn't doing anything other than what would be expected in this case while other carriers and Samsung are giving something for the inconvenience. I'm okay with getting an exchange and knowing my phone will be safe for the future. But to make this big ordeal on how much is being done in this instance seems a little too much.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm not expecting another gift. It just seems tmo isn't doing anything other than what would be expected in this case while other carriers and Samsung are giving something for the inconvenience. I'm okay with getting an exchange and knowing my phone will be safe for the future. But to make this big ordeal on how much is being done in this instance seems a little too much.

First of all this is NOT Tmo's fault. They're already doing the best they can to accommodate you to what ever you like (exchange or refund), they'll even refund the accessories, you get to keep your free gift, so what else do you expect from them? Seriously!

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
First of all this is NOT Tmo's fault. They're already doing the best they can to accommodate you to what ever you like (exchange or refund), they'll even refund the accessories, you get to keep your free gift, so what else do you expect from them? Seriously!
I expect them to not throw their CSA and store associates to the masses without having some sort of plan for those that complain about this exchange. I'm not saying tmo is at fault.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I expect them to not throw their CSA and store associates to the masses without having some sort of plan for those that complain about this exchange. I'm not saying tmo is at fault.

I really don't get you. What are you ranting about Tmo's return procedures. First you're talking about gifts then you said it's not about the gifts yet you said in your own words, "while other carriers and Samsung are giving something for the inconvenience". So, I get it, you are being inconvenienced and you want to be compensated by a company that is of no fault of their own. Now you're talking about their stores associates to have some sort of plan "for those that COMPLAIN". They already HAVE a plan plain and simple and it's already marked in stone. You want to complain, call Samsung then.
Anyway, you have a good day, and I wish you may have a pleasant experience in your exchange/return procedure!
Me, I'll just wait patiently for the new phones to arrive and go to the store and greet the associates with a pleasant smile.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They will fix them and use as warranty replacement or sell as refurbished
I don't know.. Samsung doesn't do warranty replacement for the US and doesn't have large US refurb sales. They are increasing that, but it it geared to international sales. Also the refurbs we can buy at carriers, don't come from Samsung. I always thought Samsung certified them, Samsung told me no they don't.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just found out about this via Drippler...kinda pissed I found out through a third-party app yet I have Samsung Plus on my phone and haven't heard from T-mobile....my phone has been fine so far the only times it got super hot was when I tried to do data transfer using the adapter provided and a Samsung micro-usb cable. 😔
You posted just about 24 hours after it happened. Even all of Samsung didn't know what was going on. This is unprecedented and fast. This isn't being handled as a normal recall so it can be done quickly. There is going to be some hiccups along the way in getting this done at first.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't turned my N5 in yet...I think it's due back the 5th or 6th I'm wondering if I can get that extended until the replacements come in case anything happens to my N7.
Should not be a problem. If you don't get a satisfactory answer from a T-Mobile store or Rep, tweet T-Force at @TMobileHelp and they can assure everything on your account with that is fine.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok you guys.. If you are getting out of the country customer care you probably will get answers for the basic return policy.

The weekend and the Holiday you are more likely to get the out of the country call centers.

They will just frustrate you. I wouldn't bother with them this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress