T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. They CREDITED me for the entire amount of my Note 7.
So u have a negative balance now? I think they did the same for me since mine is negative and based on the note 7s total price. Actually just realized they did that to cancel out your old note 7....so ignore that balance and add 850 to it to get your correct balance.

Last edited:

Kapreme

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I also got tired of receiving text messages from T-Mobile, so apparently from a lot of T-Mobile reps in the Note 7 Recall department you can get a free loaner phone. And then when the new batch of Note 7's comes out we can trade them in. They will leave a note on the account saying you don't have to pay any fee for the new Note. Also take advantage of this offer, I received the S7 Edge and then signed up for the promotion to receive a free Gear VR. So its a win win

Note 7 Recall Department: 844 275 9309 (T-Mobile)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure about this???
Did they get the green light from the government to release the new note 7???????
Did you ask??????

I would like to know this too. I have an S7 backup I'm using since I didn't sell it yet. I don't want to return the phone for a stupid loaner and they claim I dropped it or something. I don't want to return my Note 7 for a refund right now because they I will have to wait awhile for them to go on sale again to get one. I simply just want to walk in and swap it out for a new one. That is all. No games. I just want a new Note to exchange for.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Alot of sources say the 19th the Note 7 will be available. Just hold on to it a lil longer.

I hope so. I'm hearing Sept 16th and 19th as well depending on the retailer but by mid week we don't know I have no choice to get a refund since it ends sept 30th. I don't know what I'll do if I do that. Maybe buy a V20 then.

Kapreme

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Get a S7 Edge replacement. Then sign up for the promotion to receive the Gear VR or Memory card. Then when the time is here just give up the note 7 and the s7 edge.

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
This has become a MAJOR circus!!! I have been told three different things in two days. 1. Yesterday (9/12) Chris (844 number rep) states that I can get the S7E as a loaner until the Note 7's arrive and ready to be distributed, and us loaners would be priority before general public. He was to email me a new EIP but said it might take a few hours before I receive it due to processing by Supervisor. 2. As of today (9/13) I have yet to receive any new EIP, so I called the 844 number again and spoke with Natasha. She said that policy has changed and they are not requiring EIP's to be signed. She said that my loaner order yesterday was never placed and that she would place the correct order for my S7E loaner. 3. I swear, 5 minutes later, an EIP shows up in my email. I didn't know if I should sign or not due to previous conversation, but didnt' want any order to be canceled. So I go ahead and sign the EIP, and start getting emails from T-Mobile with order info, ect. ect. I went to my T-Mobile account to check order status and I be dang if there are TWO S7E "in process" to be delivered tomorrow. WTF........Once again, I call the 844 number and talk with Kristen. She said that Natasha was wrong and you DO have to sign an EIP, but all charges will be reversed on my bill, and she will cancel one of the loaner S7E orders. Of course when I go and check my Order Status, Kristen canceled the order that pertains to the EIP I signed, and the Non EIP order is suppose to be delivered tomorrow. OMG!!! I know this is all happening as each minute passes, but you would think there would be a partial thread of consistency. I also was told (for what it's worth) that the Note 7 replacements might be delivered by the end of Oct or first part of NOV....AARRGG Sorry for rant...
Me too, two S7E's coming. One one a signed EIP and the other one not. Let me know any further you find out. I'm interested as what do. Do I activate the one on the EIP or activate the other?

Donrl55

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
They are sending me a phone of my choice (I picked the S7) to use until the new Note 7's are available and then will send the new one to me in exchange for the "loaner". No JOD repercussions as far as I am told.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I hope so. I'm hearing Sept 16th and 19th as well depending on the retailer but by mid week we don't know I have no choice to get a refund since it ends sept 30th. I don't know what I'll do if I do that. Maybe buy a V20 then.

I really don't think we will see the Note 7 back on sale anytime soon, if ever to be quite frank. The CPSC hasn't even made an official statement yet, which means that nothing has even started yet. I think that Samsung and Tmobile now offering "loaners" they are aware that this isn't going to be something that gets taken care of in a speedy manner. Is there a reason why you're so hesitant to switch to a S 7 Edge? It's really not THAT much different from the Note besides a few subtle things.

Honestly, this has been such a mess and this really has to be one of the biggest screw up's in mobile history. It really sucks and nobody is going to come out a winner here. I really hope Samsung is able to come back from this after it's all said and done.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I really don't think we will see the Note 7 back on sale anytime soon, if ever to be quite frank. The CPSC hasn't even made an official statement yet, which means that nothing has even started yet. I think that Samsung and Tmobile now offering "loaners" they are aware that this isn't going to be something that gets taken care of in a speedy manner. Is there a reason why you're so hesitant to switch to a S 7 Edge? It's really not THAT much different from the Note besides a few subtle things.

Honestly, this has been such a mess and this really has to be one of the biggest screw up's in mobile history. It really sucks and nobody is going to come out a winner here. I really hope Samsung is able to come back from this after it's all said and done.

Why does the government have to screw this up? The new phones have been made, look over the phone and give the go ahead to release them. IMO Samsung nipped it in the bud early and made new phones before this got way out of hand.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Why does the government have to screw this up? The new phones have been made, look over the phone and give the go ahead to release them. IMO Samsung nipped it in the bud early and made new phones before this got way out of hand.
It's the US Government. Not like they have anything better to do lol

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I did my loaner order this morning and got my EIP email this afternoon. I signed it and hopefully I should get it by Thursday or Friday. I will keep my N7 as a backup. I was told my 3 different reps and few store reps that I keep my N7 until the replacements are sent out. I plan on doing that. My N7 is just fine. I guess I will have a free phone to use in the mean time. Thank you T-Mobile.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
What sources? Elaborate please...

Mostly stores and various reps from. Verizon, sprint say 16th and some Tmobile say 19th and some not sure. This is what the bs is though. Samsung needs to be more upfront and just tell us if they have a date or no date. That way we can make our decisions.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
What sources? Elaborate please...

Trust me we are not getting them anytime within the next week or so.

First off the CPSC hasnt made their official recall (which they said they will)

Second if the carriers knew the new batch was coming so soon they would not be going through all this trouble.

I am thinking more like sometime October maybe even into November.

Remember these dates your are hearing are most likely for other countries that dont have the CPSC.

The CPSC is now in total control of this.

tmirt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I did my loaner order this morning and got my EIP email this afternoon. I signed it and hopefully I should get it by Thursday or Friday. I will keep my N7 as a backup. I was told my 3 different reps and few store reps that I keep my N7 until the replacements are sent out. I plan on doing that. My N7 is just fine. I guess I will have a free phone to use in the mean time. Thank you T-Mobile.

Okay, I'm confused. Can someone help me out? Today I spoke with three different T-Mobile reps and I got different answers from all of them . One told me to keep the phone and the other two said to send it back . The real confusion comes in when I was told that if I get the J series loaner it's totally free of charge but if I get any other phone I have to make the EIP payments monthly on that phone. is that how you understand it?

Also, funny enough,when I called the first time and ordered a note 5 as a loner, she never mentioned anything about the price. When I eventually got my expected shipping date it was October 11 to November 1! That defeats the whole purpose ofhaving a loaner so I don't have to use my note 7!

So at this point, I'm not sure what to do should I call back and just get the free J series , hang onto my note, and then wait for the replacements? Or get another phone and make the monthly payments on it,only to turn around and handed back in?

Status
Not open for further replies.