T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I'm sorta confused. I just got back from the T-Mobile store. T-Mobile shipped the replacement Note to the store. The sales person returned the S7 Edge that I was using temporarily. However, in my account, there isn't an EIP listed for a Note 7 now. When I turned in my original Note, they canceled the EIP for it and I haven't signed anything nor was I e-mailed one when phone sales sent the replacement phone to the store. For those that got their version 2 Notes, did anything similar happen with their account?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorta confused. I just got back from the T-Mobile store. T-Mobile shipped the replacement Note to the store. The sales person returned the S7 Edge that I was using temporarily. However, in my account, there isn't an EIP listed for a Note 7 now. When I turned in my original Note, they canceled the EIP for it and I haven't signed anything nor was I e-mailed one when phone sales sent the replacement phone to the store. For those that got their version 2 Notes, did anything similar happen with their account?

Check again tomorrow for your eip,,,system takes a bit to update sometimes

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Check again tomorrow for your eip,,,system takes a bit to update sometimes

Yeah I just thought it was odd that when I got the temporary S7E they refunded me the difference in cost of the device. The told me that when I came to get the Note I'd have to pay that difference back. They definitely didn't ask for the money back and I also thought it was odd that they were calling it a Warranty Replacement. But we'll see! Thanks.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope you guys get your phones....but TMobile is acting this way because they feel it's a "Samsung" problem. But bull, it's a Samsung and Tmobile problem. Samsung makes the phones, TMobile sells them along with phone service. So the problem arouse, Samsung did it's part, so should TMobile and make it smooth for "THEIR" customers as well. I did not hold my tongue with that CSR when I was in the store ( I wasn't nasty but I told them about my concerns regarding their attitude).....I mean let me see you not sell one of the biggest Flagship phones and see what happens to your company??? I got great service after that. So please next time u guys go to store, demand your phone right there and you aren't leaving without it.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Went to the T-Mo store to get my replacement that was shipped there. Wasn't any problem at all. Took about 30 - 45 minutes, mostly because they had to call in to a number to get the S7E EIP removed.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I had no luck with the tmob stores in my city and t force was also of no help, I called the 844 number and they couldn't help me either, so today I called t-mobile and told them that I was interested in canceling my service and the lady got both my note 7's sent to a store with a quickness ,we will see how it works out when they get to the store.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Finally got to pick up my Note 7 that I had shipped to my local store. Funny, right when I walked in the store I got a text saying it was ready for pick up. Anyways, the clerk let me keep the S pen so I have a back up, didn't want the box or anything that came with it, just the phone. Unfortunately they don't take back loaners there, they said I will need to call the 844 number and have them email me a return shipping label, not a big deal but would have been nice to be able to leave it with them and just be done with everything. Entire process took about 15 minutes.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Finally got to pick up my Note 7 that I had shipped to my local store. Funny, right when I walked in the store I got a text saying it was ready for pick up. Anyways, the clerk let me keep the S pen so I have a back up, didn't want the box or anything that came with it, just the phone. Unfortunately they don't take back loaners there, they said I will need to call the 844 number and have them email me a return shipping label, not a big deal but would have been nice to be able to leave it with them and just be done with everything. Entire process took about 15 minutes.

You prolly went to an authorized dealer and not the corporate store?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
A little. Not enough for me to care about right now. I'll pick it back it back up on Monday.

This is why I simply want to go unlocked next time. When I ordered the Note 7 in the store on Aug 4th and they charged me a $20 "assist fee" I told the lady I'll just simply buy unlocked at Best Buy next time. I hope Best Buy has the S8 Edge in sooner this time instead of a couple months after release as they usually do. I think it's stupid they won't sell unlocked versions on release day.

I just want to pay my phone, in cash, no BS, no payment options, just flat out pay for it. I had cash ready to go, but they wouldn't accept cash for a pre order.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Mine was there for over 24 hours when I called. They said it wasn't even there. After talking with TForce on Twitter they called and made sure somebody at the store found it before he got off the phone. TForce said it's ready to pick up, but I didn't call the store yet to make sure it's scanned in because I can't go pick it up today anyway (I have to work and the store is an hour drive). I assume that they scanned it in while on the phone with TForce, but I'm gonna call before I go hopefully tomorrow to make sure.

They can't charge you for that unless you sign a new eip. I walked into a store yesterday because 844 told me my phone order was backordered til November. My order couldn't cancel according to 844 and they told me to just contact the store and request a return to sender.

If they lost yours, just go to a store and get a replacement. They have replacements shipped everyday.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Man, it is impossible to get it switched out for the recall. I checked a couple store every day on my way back from work. I was told they are out. They are all always out. So I contacted live chat and explained my problem and asked if they can just ship me the replacement for store pick up. Said they can't ship to store for pick up but they can ship directly to me. I said sure, lets get this process started. They said they can't do it over live chat and have to call them.

So I called them as they suggested. Nope, agent told me they changed their policy, you can't request it shipped, you have to pick it up by store on a first come first serve basis....

Whatever....

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Man, it is impossible to get it switched out for the recall. I checked a couple store every day on my way back from work. I was told they are out. They are all always out. So I contacted live chat and explained my problem and asked if they can just ship me the replacement for store pick up. Said they can't ship to store for pick up but they can ship directly to me. I said sure, lets get this process started. They said they can't do it over live chat and have to call them.

So I called them as they suggested. Nope, agent told me they changed their policy, you can't request it shipped, you have to pick it up by store on a first come first serve basis....

Whatever....

Could just get a refund and re-buy it, but if it's like my situation who knows when you will finally get a refund lol. It's like I just paid for two phones still when I only got one.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
This is why I simply want to go unlocked next time. When I ordered the Note 7 in the store on Aug 4th and they charged me a $20 "assist fee" I told the lady I'll just simply buy unlocked at Best Buy next time. I hope Best Buy has the S8 Edge in sooner this time instead of a couple months after release as they usually do. I think it's stupid they won't sell unlocked versions on release day.

I just want to pay my phone, in cash, no BS, no payment options, just flat out pay for it. I had cash ready to go, but they wouldn't accept cash for a pre order.
Yeah, I hear ya man. Well my problem now is Tmobile can't find the iPhone 6S I mailed back when I got my original Note 7...lol, niiiiiice. Can't wait to deal with that next week, but eh, that's a problem for next week.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Could just get a refund and re-buy it, but if it's like my situation who knows when you will finally get a refund lol. It's like I just paid for two phones still when I only got one.

I thought about it. I was planning to just buy a new note 7 and just return my old one to avoid waiting for "my" replacement.
But the rep told me they are not selling any note 7s right now...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya man. Well my problem now is Tmobile can't find the iPhone 6S I mailed back when I got my original Note 7...lol, niiiiiice. Can't wait to deal with that next week, but eh, that's a problem for next week.

that is like the Note 7 I turned in. They basically said they have no record for the IMEI of the Note 7 I turned in. The store was supposed to ship it out. So it's basically like I still own the Note 7 even though who knows where it is. All I know this is a big cluster right now. I will probably have to call by next wed if I still don't have my refund. What will you do if they can't find your iphone? Those are not cheap! If they refuse to refund me, I still got the receipt for the sales tax portion of the return they did and I will request them to give me my old Note 7 back if it's still sitting in the store.. Dunno what I will do with the old Note 7. Maybe see if Samsung would take it in for me and sell the Edge to someone. This whole situation has really left a sour taste in my mouth.

People are comparing this to the airbag recall lol. That was a lot simpler process. When I found out the dealer had the airbag canisters in, I simply made an appointment and 2 hours later it was done.

I'm just wondering what other BS excuse they come up with next week if I have to call Tmobile looking for my $864!

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
that is like the Note 7 I turned in. They basically said they have no record for the IMEI of the Note 7 I turned in. The store was supposed to ship it out. So it's basically like I still own the Note 7 even though who knows where it is. All I know this is a big cluster right now. I will probably have to call by next wed if I still don't have my refund. What will you do if they can't find your iphone? Those are not cheap! If they refuse to refund me, I still got the receipt for the sales tax portion of the return they did and I will request them to give me my old Note 7 back if it's still sitting in the store.. Dunno what I will do with the old Note 7. Maybe see if Samsung would take it in for me and sell the Edge to someone. This whole situation has really left a sour taste in my mouth.

People are comparing this to the airbag recall lol. That was a lot simpler process. When I found out the dealer had the airbag canisters in, I simply made an appointment and 2 hours later it was done.

I'm just wondering what other BS excuse they come up with next week if I have to call Tmobile looking for my $864!

Yeah. I guess I need to tell the whole story now. Well, my bill came out today and it was like, $100 higher than it should have been. I got charged for the Edge and the Note 7, so I needed them to credit the Edge portion. And then I noticed that they charged me my monthly for the iPhone 6S. I told them I mailed it back when I got my Note 7 in the mail and they were like "you were supposed to take it to the store." My response was "then why did they send a return mailer?" and they say that they don't send a return mailer for JOD upgrades, again my response "then why was there a return mailer?" Idk what to tell them, like, I don't have the phone anymore, I mailed it back TO TMOBILE. So idk. I did my part and they will find the phone I'm sure. I had this problem a year or so ago when I sent back an iPhone 6 and it took them like 6 months to find it. Ugh. Its aggravating but I know I mailed it so its out there somewhere.

This has turned into a comedy of errors. To think this all started with me thinking "Wow, the Note 7 looks like a really good phone, I think I am ready to jump ship again from Apple." lol. Oh well. I do love this Note 7 though.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. I guess I need to tell the whole story now. Well, my bill came out today and it was like, $100 higher than it should have been. I got charged for the Edge and the Note 7, so I needed them to credit the Edge portion. And then I noticed that they charged me my monthly for the iPhone 6S. I told them I mailed it back when I got my Note 7 in the mail and they were like "you were supposed to take it to the store." My response was "then why did they send a return mailer?" and they say that they don't send a return mailer for JOD upgrades, again my response "then why was there a return mailer?" Idk what to tell them, like, I don't have the phone anymore, I mailed it back TO TMOBILE. So idk. I did my part and they will find the phone I'm sure. I had this problem a year or so ago when I sent back an iPhone 6 and it took them like 6 months to find it. Ugh. Its aggravating but I know I mailed it so its out there somewhere.

This has turned into a comedy of errors. To think this all started with me thinking "Wow, the Note 7 looks like a really good phone, I think I am ready to jump ship again from Apple." lol. Oh well. I do love this Note 7 though.

Wow. So if my Note 7 is lost in space somewhere I could be waiting for months for my refund? I don't think so!!! I'd have the AG office involved by then and contacting local media if that were me. On my part I did nothing wrong. The store, Thelp, and Samsung all said to return the device to a Tmobile store and get a refund. I did as instructed. It's their fault, not mine! I'm wondering if I can contact my card company too to dispute the actual Note 7 purchase then and get the cash back that way if nothing works out.

accordex#AC

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Just went to T-Mobile store and got my new Note 7 Silver. I returned mine for a refund a little over a week ago, and have been using Honor 8. I'm going to miss some aspects of it for sure....what a lightning fast little phone! My old Note lagged like crazy, but I'm reading there is a software update, with more than just the green battery. So I'm really hoping it fixes the horrible lag I had. Other than waiting in line for an hour, the process was really easy and only took 5 minutes, once it was my turn. People in front of me who had loaner phones...that was a WHOLE different story.
If you returned for refund, or have a loaner, you guys should have no issues getting a new one. I called 2 stores, one only had black, and the other had plenty of all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.