T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I still need to send back my Note 5 thru Assurance and I'm nervous about it too. Why they don't put tracking numbers on their pre-paid labels is beyond me, it's like they almost hope they get lost so they can charge you for it because I can't imagine why else you'd ship a $500+ phone and not track it. 🤔
Dumb question but why weren't you able to turn it in at a local store? Is it something to do with the type of phone insurance? They had Jump on my N5 loaner. I had gone into a local store to return the original N7 (that I had ordered online through Tmobile), and got the N5 loaner there. I went back to a different local store and turned in my N5 loaner and got the replacement N7 without much trouble

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The way tmobile does us by making us ship back devices without tracking is plain ole wrong...any USPS person can steal our devices without any concern...we can't track them which is very concerning and shocking
The return shipping without a tracker is just alarming. I had actually ordered an S6 edge plus through tmobile on the phone planning for it to be my permanent phone, but later the same day finally got the update on N7 replacement availability would be within a week, so I called and cancelled the S6EP. It was too late to stop it so it arrived and Tmo on the phone emailed me a return label with tracking (ups ground). I tracked it and it delivered back to them in normal time.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just opened S+on my replacement N7 for the first time and got this message. Glad it's confirmed in the phone as well as at the store before I took it from them.
74e8f343568670fdc4155a6681432c2b.jpg

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Dumb question but why weren't you able to turn it in at a local store? Is it something to do with the type of phone insurance? They had Jump on my N5 loaner. I had gone into a local store to return the original N7 (that I had ordered online through Tmobile), and got the N5 loaner there. I went back to a different local store and turned in my N5 loaner and got the replacement N7 without much trouble
I didn't think to bring it back to the store, I've always sent them back that way I didn't think they would take them back through the store. Do they? I've never tried?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I didn't think to bring it back to the store, I've always sent them back that way I didn't think they would take them back through the store. Do they? I've never tried?
Worked for me. I even brought it back to a different store than I got it from.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
When you receive an insurance replacement phone they always have tracking information on the return label. Why do they do it different with these?

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
We turned in our "bad" Note 7s to the store without any issues. Seems like different stores are handling the turn ins inconsistently. I would try a different store.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The return shipping without a tracker is just alarming. I had actually ordered an S6 edge plus through tmobile on the phone planning for it to be my permanent phone, but later the same day finally got the update on N7 replacement availability would be within a week, so I called and cancelled the S6EP. It was too late to stop it so it arrived and Tmo on the phone emailed me a return label with tracking (ups ground). I tracked it and it delivered back to them in normal time.
They do it (no tracking number, USPS) mostly with JUMP device returns.....

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I tried to return my s7 edge through my local t-mobile store(jump on demand program) but the clerk at t-mobile store told me that I needed to place my phone in this plastic mailer and use this shipping label... (STRANGE LABEL).. than he proceeded to advise me to drop my package off at my local post office!... So, I went to my post office and gave my package to the postal clerk, expecting a receipt, but I was told there no receipt because there was no transaction!...
This makes no sense! I have no proof that I shipped my phone back!
This has been at least 6-7weeks and t-mobile is still charging me for this phone!. I am so angry with my local t-mobile store for not execpting my return, I just don't understand this!!!!

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have issues with their T-Mobile bill since the return? I have a nearly 3k credit on my account which I know is incorrect, but hasn't adjusted after a week now. This is from 3 n7 exchanges.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have issues with their T-Mobile bill since the return? I have a nearly 3k credit on my account which I know is incorrect, but hasn't adjusted after a week now. This is from 3 n7 exchanges.
Mine is a 700 some dollar credit I'm figuring IT Will adjust itself at The start of a new billing. I don't know they can just before that .

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question but why weren't you able to turn it in at a local store? Is it something to do with the type of phone insurance?

I am not sure what the issue is... but last time I did a JUMP, the store guys said they weren't allowed to accept the phone and that it had to be mailed to the address given. Not sure what the deal is with that.

ASJ ONE

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
The Tmo Rep that I just spoke to said that Note 7 would be available for sale for everyone beginning Oct. 5th. Take it for what it is worth!

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe there something to it because I called a T-Mobile store and the lady I talked to said she could order me one and have it delivered to my home. I kept stressing that I wasn't doing a exchange, that I just wanted to buy one brand new and she said that yes, she could order me one and have it delivered overnight.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I feel for the people that want to get a N7, But I also know that not everyone that had a recalled N7 has been able to get their phone swapped out (seems to be a supply issue) How can they start offering new purchases if they are not done swapping out recalled devices? Just Sayin...

Cheers,
BR

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I feel for the people that want to get a N7, But I also know that not everyone that had a recalled N7 has been able to get their phone swapped out (seems to be a supply issue) How can they start offering new purchases if they are not done swapping out recalled devices? Just Sayin...

Cheers,
BR

But not a lot who have a recalled phone have attempted to exchange it.
I doubt it's an inventory problem or they wouldn't sell them to new customers.
They probably see that and their inventory is piling up with new shipments. They need to do something.

If someone hasn't got a recall exchange, why not? What are these people waiting for? They can go in today and get a phone, most likely. Or first thing tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress