Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought my AT&T N7 from BB on the launch day and got a free fit2. I chat with AT&T rep today and asked if I can bring my phone to AT&T corporate store and return it due to the recall. I printed out the chat script where the rep said, "Yes, you can bring the phone to AT&T corporate store and return ịt"; brought the phone to AT&T store and returned. AT&T store took my N7, reverted my account back and I keep the fit2 :) She didn't even ask for a receipt.

I think I'll try out the IP7+ for 2 weeks, if I don't like it, I'll go back to the N7. I only use the Spen on the N7 to capture the screen (rarely), but I take a lot of pictures of my kids. Will see if I can handle the boring iOS in trade for the camera.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of switching to the ip7+ as well. This has been crazy couple if weeks. Even though I love the phone, the FAA rumor, watching and monitoring the phone, I'm even kind if nervous putting it in my front pocket.... Makes me think of switching.

Last edited:

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I went to return my Note 7 to Best Buy....no problems had I followed through. When we got it on a Sprint 24 month installment plan we received a $20 per month Loyalty Rewards credit on our legacy plan. I was going to go back to a Note 5 which is what I had before....except the loyalty credit is only $10 a month for that one, so a o year old phone would now cost me $120 a year more! Contacted Sprint and they would not match the BestBuy Loyalty Rewards Credit. Makes zero sense to pay more money for an older phone.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a massive recall, but pretty disappointed with how Best Buy is handling the communication of it. Pretty much just "Go here, put in your email address and wait for us to contact you." We should have received something by now even if it's just a confirmation that they received our request. Give us some reassurance that you're on top of the situation as best you can be even if it's just feel good messaging. In a situation like this the absolute worst thing you can do is no or little communication -- that's what will kill loyalty to your image and brand more than anything else. Things happen, we get it, but how you handle it makes all the difference in the world!

We need to know:

1. What's a reasonable expectation of when devices should start arriving.
2. How device exchanges will be handled. Is it first come first serve chaos?
3. Is it my responsibility to call everyday to find out if my replacement is available?

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
They can come as early as next week as they say but dont expect them to have enough stock to change out everyone in one day. As they make more by the day they have to spread it out to everyone. The thing I read and heard was as early as next week, the end of the month, and unknown O_O".

...imo Mobile Carrier store might be chaos and retail store might or might not depending on location but it all can change if they set something up.

If those email notification don't tell you anything, I would assume that you have to find out yourself if it available.

michnow

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Bought my Note 7 at Best Buy. Went to an ATT corp store to get a loaner. They refused and told me I had to go to Best Buy. Great, I go to Best Buy and was told that only 35 out of millions had a problem (true) and that if there was a problem, it would only result in a screen that would not work (not so true)

She basically told me that if I was paranoid I could get a refund, but they were out of stock on replacements and that I could not get a loaner. My only option was to get a refund and go to AT&T to buy/borrow a loaner until the replacements come.

I didn't want to go without a phone, so I am going to wait until they get new Note 7's in stock. Not too worried about my phone blowing up, but next time I won't buy from BB.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Bought my Note 7 at Best Buy. Went to an ATT corp store to get a loaner. They refused and told me I had to go to Best Buy. Great, I go to Best Buy and was told that only 35 out of millions had a problem (true) and that if there was a problem, it would only result in a screen that would not work (not so true)

She basically told me that if I was paranoid I could get a refund, but they were out of stock on replacements and that I could not get a loaner. My only option was to get a refund and go to AT&T to buy/borrow a loaner until the replacements come.

I didn't want to go without a phone, so I am going to wait until they get new Note 7's in stock. Not too worried about my phone blowing up, but next time I won't buy from BB.

I don't think anybody should of got a loner phone.
And this is the carriers problem and Samsung..
Not Best Buys

And even the carrier shouldn't provide a loaner phone.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anybody should of got a loner phone.
And this is the carriers problem and Samsung..
Not Best Buys

And even the carrier shouldn't provide a loaner phone.

I agree it's not Best Buys "problem" but if you're paying your monthly phone bill and do not have a properly functioning phone, what's the sense? When you take your car to be serviced they give you a loaner. Why wouldn't the carrier want to keep their customers happy?

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
On a side note. Stopped into my best buy to ask about the recall and was told "it's not a recall, it's just a withdraw Samsung is doing. There's nothing really wrong with the phones, Samsung is just taking a cautious step by offering a refund"

michnow

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I agree that this isn't Best Buy's or AT&T's fault or obligation. But, I am a long time iPhone owner who sold a perfectly good and working phone for the Note 7. Now I have a phone that could explode (not likely, but it could)

AT&T / Best Buy promoted the Note 7 and I bought it using AT&T Next. If I bought it from AT&T, I would get a loaner, but because I bought from BB, I don't get one. I am simply stating that AT&T is offering a better resolution to the problem and in the future, I will buy from AT&T rather than Best Buy. Not because I am entitled, but because they seem to have a better customer focus.

michnow

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Why would you think that people should not get a loaner phone (putting aside whose responsibility). A phone was sold which is potentially not safe. Nobody was negligent, because this was unforeseeable, but why wouldn't the vendor, carrier, or reseller want to do the right thing for their consumers?

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
On a side note. Stopped into my best buy to ask about the recall and was told "it's not a recall, it's just a withdraw Samsung is doing. There's nothing really wrong with the phones, Samsung is just taking a cautious step by offering a refund"

This is what concerns me.

Although I enjoy having the Note7.. the way Best Buy is handling this recall and these exploding reports coming to the U.S. I'm skeptical of keeping it, don't get me wrong.. I plan on exchanging. But still.. it's going to be extremely difficult for Samsung to find some momentum.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Why would you think that people should not get a loaner phone (putting aside whose responsibility). A phone was sold which is potentially not safe. Nobody was negligent, because this was unforeseeable, but why wouldn't the vendor, carrier, or reseller want to do the right thing for their consumers?

One user already mention that Best Buy tends to make their own policy from store to store. Which that's why in some instances there is some successful experiences and then some horrible ones.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I thought we wouldve heard something by now and we haven't. I'm preordering the IPhone tonight.

My Note 7 is starting to have charging issues. Where it charges extremely slow...and that's with the OEM Charger. When I pick it up, its hot to the touch.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought we wouldve heard something by now and we haven't. I'm preordering the IPhone tonight.

My Note 7 is starting to have charging issues. Where it charges extremely slow...and that's with the OEM Charger. When I pick it up, its hot to the touch.
Only been a week tomorrow. Samsung said last week, within the next two weeks.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Only been a week tomorrow. Samsung said last week, within the next two weeks.

I thought I read somewhere, that Samsung said a week.

I work at Best Buy and I can tell you we haven't heard anything yet.

They, meaning Best Buy and Samsung, should at least provide some type of update. Nobody knows what's going on. They should keep us customers updated on the entire process.

While we wait for information on our replacements, more news is popping up of other Note 7 devices catching fire...smh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo