Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Based on the recent wall Street journal article I wonder if this will prolong for months. My local best buy stores said samsung had already shipped them the phone:(.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Or to the sd card as well.

Hey, I have your box set! Canadian classic stuff :)

If there is a gap between the Note 7 replacement for my current Note 7 and the V20 is available, I might jump ship. Mainly out of spite for Samsung being goobers cocking this all up. I say that, but the Note 7 is as close to "My Precious" as have had with a device.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Plans Software Update to Cut Galaxy Note 7 Fire Risk - WSJ (sorry the link isn't showing up but below is from WSJ)

U.S. consumer-safety officials continued to sift through a range of issues related to the phone’s problems on Wednesday. They hoped to move quickly to issue an official recall in cooperation with Samsung, but such announcements typically include a planned fix for the faulty product.

“CPSC is taking seriously its obligation to independently look into the safety of any replacement product that the company seeks to provide to consumers,” a CPSC official said this week. “We are working as hard we can and as fast as we can.”

Samsung said it continues to work with the U.S. agency and its carrier partners. “No action will be taken without the approval of the CPSC,” the phone maker said.
Isn't the only problem the battery.
If Samsung already has new batteries, and they are supposed to be the same batteries that are in the Apple phones.
Then what is the problem.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Exactly that's what I'm thinking too so I'm not sure why they are prolonging this. Unless my local best buy gave me wrong information, they said samsung already shipped them the devices and I should call them Friday as I'm already on their preorder list. I truly hope that holds true for all best buys without interference from cspc. Hoverboards situation was different, this is a giant company like samsung I hate to say it if they care for their image they would do whatever it takes so that cspc can approve the phones. Fingers crossed :( but not going to lie I am slightly losing hope.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Isn't the only problem the battery.
If Samsung already has new batteries, and they are supposed to be the same batteries that are in the Apple phones.
Then what is the problem.

Incompetence. Indifference. Lack of any sensibility about efficiency, or customer care. Or some combination of those.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Exactly that's what I'm thinking too so I'm not sure why they are prolonging this. Unless my local best buy gave me wrong information, they said samsung already shipped them the devices and I should call them Friday as I'm already on their preorder list. I truly hope that holds true for all best buys without interference from cspc. Hoverboards situation was different, this is a giant company like samsung I hate to say it if they care for their image they would do whatever it takes so that cspc can approve the phones. Fingers crossed :( but not going to lie I am slightly losing hope.
To be honest, idk why people is telling customers that we have the new Note 7's in stock. I haven't came upon one Best Buy store in my area that has them in stock... And we have several stores. They could have inventory at other stores but I highly doubt it.

I just left my Best Buy store because I was going to return my Note 7. But I'm just going to exchange it for the iPhone 7 Friday. Also for the people that's exchanging their Note 7 for either the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge, that Gear VR they're getting that's free is a promotion. I thought it was a courtesy from Samsung because of the inconvience, but its not. You get a free VR when you get a S7/S7 Edge.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah either the store associates are clueless, telling us things based on rumors or its kind of a sick joke for those who truly want the new note 7 badly. I will give this fiasco a week or two before I move on however nothing will compare to note 7.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah either the store associates are clueless, telling us things based on rumors or its kind of a sick joke for those who truly want the new note 7 badly. I will give this fiasco a week or two before I move on however nothing will compare to note 7.
I think this process is going to be a lot longer but I can be wrong.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Incompetence. Indifference. Lack of any sensibility about efficiency, or customer care. Or some combination of those.

I disagree with you.

Employees don't know what Samsung is gonna do, and Best Buy employees don't know everything that is going on.
Probably only management is the only people that knows.

And why would they want to tell anybody so everybody can get upset and Scream
Imagine if you worked in the stores. And this kind of thing was going on.
WTF could i say to you.
I guarantee you at least 90 % of the people are so impatient that all they can do is attack everybody that is involved in the Phone.
When they really don't know much that is really happening.

And with the CPSC involved. Who is gonna push the Government ?
Every had any dealing with the Government.
They never get in a Hurry. They git paid the same weather they do anything or they don't.
Their job is secure.

What is really tough is seeing the folks stress out cause they can't have a new phone.
I would like one as well as everybody else.
But i charge my phone when I'm awake only.
I've gone into Device maintenance and optimized the battery. and all the programs.
Gone in and cleared the optimized the ram also.
Put programs to sleep that may be running in the back ground that are eating up the battery and taking up Ram.

The phone is running Great other than waiting on the new releases.
So the phone don't have problems

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah mine had 0 issues and I still switched it off because each day I was scared that it may blow up. Now I'm using my old phone s6 edge until this mess clears however idk this seems to be filled with uncertainty. Bummer.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I disagree with you.

Employees don't know what Samsung is gonna do, and Best Buy employees don't know everything that is going on.
Probably only management is the only people that knows.

And why would they want to tell anybody so everybody can get upset and Scream
Imagine if you worked in the stores. And this kind of thing was going on.
WTF could i say to you.
I guarantee you at least 90 % of the people are so impatient that all they can do is attack everybody that is involved in the Phone.
When they really don't know much that is really happening.

And with the CPSC involved. Who is gonna push the Government ?
Every had any dealing with the Government.
They never get in a Hurry. They git paid the same weather they do anything or they don't.
Their job is secure.

What is really tough is seeing the folks stress out cause they can't have a new phone.
I would like one as well as everybody else.
But i charge my phone when I'm awake only.
I've gone into Device maintenance and optimized the battery. and all the programs.
Gone in and cleared the optimized the ram also.
Put programs to sleep that may be running in the back ground that are eating up the battery and taking up Ram.

The phone is running Great other than waiting on the new releases.
So the phone don't have problems

I don't disagree that most people are impatient and are probably being overly confrontational. But this doesn't excuse Best Buy or Samsung for the poor service across the board.

I strongly stand by my sentiments. If you think that the service a company like Best Buy or Samsung provides is good, then kudos to you. I just whole hardheartedly disagree. I think they are average at best. And when they are not at their best, it's very poor.

I also believe that the majority of our experiences as consumers are average at best, or at least just "good enough". And only because that is the majority of the choices we have, so we put up with it and call it good service. And then when we do get good service, we call it great service. The reality is most of these companies preach "good customer service" but lack the the skills, the culture, or the heart to actually provide it. It may be viewed as overly harsh by some, but that is the reality of the majority of my experiences.

I've seen great service. I see it all the time. But it's rare. And this simply isn't one of those cases.

I don't shop with companies like Best Buy or Samsung because I expect good service. I shop there because there are limited options, and because the products I am seeking are what I want. If I wanted great service, I shop else where.

If this were a product I bought from something like Amazon, I would have my money back, and the great majority of the customers wouldn't have issues with it. I wouldn't be finding all the forums flooded with one person after another being told 300 different things when the company websites explains pretty clearly what the customer should expect to happen.

Last edited:

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't disagree that most people are impatient and are probably being overly confrontational. But this doesn't excuse Best Buy or Samsung for the poor service across the board.

I strongly stand by my sentiments. If you think that the service a company like Best Buy or Samsung provides is good, then kudos to you. I just whole hardheartedly disagree. I think they are average at best. And when they are not at their best, it's very poor.

I also believe that the majority of our experiences as consumers are average at best, or at least just "good enough". And only because that is the majority of the choices we have, so we put up with it and call it good service. And then when we do get good service, we call it great service. The reality is most of these companies preach "good customer service" but lack the the skills, the culture, or the heart to actually provide it. It may be viewed as overly harsh by some, but that is the reality of the majority of my experiences.

I've seen great service. I see it all the time. But it's rare. And this simply isn't one of those cases.

I don't shop with companies like Best Buy or Samsung because I expect good service. I shop there because there are limited options, and because the products I am seeking are what I want. If I wanted great service, I shop else where.

If this were a product I bought from something like Amazon, I would have my money back, and the great majority of the customers wouldn't have issues with it. I wouldn't be finding all the forums flooded with one person after another being told 300 different things when the company websites explains pretty clearly what the customer should expect to happen.

Remember this.
You can get more with honey than you can with Vinegar

The people waiting on you are just hourly employees.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it any coincidence that the rumors that we are going to be able to swap fall on the iPhone release day? I'm sure Samsung would want to do whatever it could to disrupt the iPhone release. And getting its note 7's back out is a great way to do that.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Remember this.
You can get more with honey than you can with Vinegar

The people waiting on you are just hourly employees.

I don't have to remember it. You already told me. And I already agreed. And though the saying is nice, the execution is lacking when you face an organization that is unorganized. All the honey in the world won't trump incompetence.

And the people waiting on me work for different companies. Some of them know of know how to provide customer service, and most of them don't. Most of those people grew up experiencing the same. Thus when those same people grow up and get those jobs, they think they're providing good service because they don't know any better.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Hope that does happen but idk the government part is what makes me feel there will be a delay however I will try to be as positive as possible until I begin seeing legit signs of this being a complete joke than it already is :/ .. fingerso crossed samsung and government will come through asap!

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
When I went into our local best buy with my email to pre-order a replacement, the people in the mobile area had no idea what was going on and I had to show them posts from here on the forum getting pre-orders for new phones. They started looking in their systems and found a communication from corporate that spelled out the pre-order process as well as other details. None of them had seem this memo.

My nephew manages a couple of best buy stores (four hours from me). I told him about what had happened and he said that all the employees are supposed to keep up on the communications from corporate and their department supervisor is supposed to make sure they do or distribute the information to them. it is pretty clear, that is not happening consistently.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
When I went into our local best buy with my email to pre-order a replacement, the people in the mobile area had no idea what was going on and I had to show them posts from here on the forum getting pre-orders for new phones. They started looking in their systems and found a communication from corporate that spelled out the pre-order process as well as other details. None of them had seem this memo.

My nephew manages a couple of best buy stores (four hours from me). I told him about what had happened and he said that all the employees are supposed to keep up on the communications from corporate and their department supervisor is supposed to make sure they do or distribute the information to them. it is pretty clear, that is not happening consistently.
:D