Sam's Club Note 7 Recall Thread

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Follow-up...

VZW call-cener rep said: No problem, we'll provide you with a Samsung J3V for the mean time, and provide an exchange when stock comes in.

Local VZW store person said: No way. Never heard of providing "loaners", and you'll have to work through Sam's Club, sorry.

Geez, could this be more confounding??

I'll drop back to a statement I said last week: I'll hang with my N7 until somebody has stock for an exchange. Just wait for the smoke to clear.

Maynard

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice if Sam's Club would put their policy (for not only us but all stores to see) to provide some guidance and notice of what we can expect. I looked at Sam's website and for AT&T at least they don't even carry the S7, just S6. Not really into exchanging it for that!

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if Sam's Club would put their policy (for not only us but all stores to see) to provide some guidance and notice of what we can expect. I looked at Sam's website and for AT&T at least they don't even carry the S7, just S6. Not really into exchanging it for that!

My local Sams has the both the S7 and S7 Edge in stock (and on display for the various carriers)....

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
you're lucky.
i went to ATT store yesterday and they said I have to go to Sams club to get that exchange processed since i originally purchased it there even though i chatted with ATT online and they told me it was ok to go the ATT store?

Exact same thing happened to me...smh

DemarcoLavendel

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I have started posting on Twitter what a joke this recall is. Like the sales rep at Sam's Club told me they are worried about how much this is going to them. I told him this is the last phone I purchase from Sam's Club it really was not worth the hassle for a $150. gift card.
AT&T tells me it is out of their hands, I didn't buy the phone from them.
The sales rep at Sam's Club told me to call back to the store to find out if the new Note 7 has come in yet.

Nags24

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
This whole thing has been a nightmare and I blame Samsung for the way they are handling it and the lack of communications to the carriers. I will call my SC in the morning and see what they say but am not too hopeful for an answer. Even if I could refund the phone I stayed on the month to month program so if Sam's doesn't give loaners then what? I wasn't really too concerned until I saw the FAA statement and since I will be flying in a week or so...now I am annoyed.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I finally caught a break with my SC. Sadly I bought mine while traveling and now have to wait for the store to call me and drive 2 hours to them to replace it. Got manager approval to return without a box... this box is a huge deal so stupid. But just keep asking to speak woth a manager and if that doesn't work I spent an hour on the phone woth Samsung and they will call the store and pretty much say thwy have to take the ohone and exchange it.

Good luck everyone this is a pain and glad when its over

newvances70

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
My issue is with having to drive 2 hours one way for a return. I thought that Sams were like all other resellers that you could return to another location. It's acceptable for everything but cell phones. If I had known that, I would not have purchased the phone while traveling.

Nags24

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
They told me I can return the phone and wait for a new one which means no phone until then. Exchange it for an s7 and be stuck with it and unable to get a new note 7 when they come in or just wait

Christopher01983

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I would return it as soon as possible to Sam's Club the people that put in on Samsung's website will get their replacement first it will be weeks before any retail outlet gets the phones in Samsung dropped the ball on this

firemarshalmike

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Today I went to the Sam's Club where I bought the Note 7. Gentleman asked me if my phone was getting hot. I said no it wasn't. He told me I got one of the good ones. I replied they are all recalled and was told to return it. Said he had no idea what they were talking about. I asked about a replacement and he just laughed and said, Nope. Told me I should have waited till the bugs were worked out before I bought the new phone. Maybe he was just having a bad day. Hopefully AT&T will help out.

Last edited:

georgi55

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow I would have gone to a manager, what an attitude.

As someone said earlier in this thread sams club has managed to handle this worse than verizon. Good job

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Today I went to the Sam's Club where I bought the Note 7. Gentleman asked me if my phone was getting hot. I said no it wasn't. He told me I got one of the good ones. I replied they are all recalled and was told to return it. Said he had no idea what they were talking about. I asked about a replacement and he just laughed and said, Nope. Told me I should have waited till the bugs were worked out before I bought the new phone. Maybe he was just having a bad day. Hopefully AT&T will help out.

I was asked the same questions on my first attempt to return mine at SC. I told the truth...I haven't had any problems. I really didn't want to return the phone so I was actually ok with being told that it would be fine to keep it. A few days later my husband convinced me that just to be safe I'd better return it. On my second attempt when I was asked the same questions I just told them yes it was getting hot. The guy processed the return without a problem. I was concerned about taking a chance on something happening and having to foot the bill for damages or even worst... harm coming to me or someone else. Samsung has made everyone aware of the issue and it will probably be very difficult now to get them to step up and be responsible for any issue that may occur. The sales clerk at Sam's Club may not admit that they turned a customer away when they attempted to return the phone and I don't see where the customer could provide proof of that...

Burrito1

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I was able to return my note 7 with original accessories last Sunday at the Sam's club where I purchased note 7 from (Texas).

The mobile department had some staffing issue and there were no one around to help with the cellphone return. We ended up making the trip to Sam's club 3 times previously. On Sunday, one of the customer services lady recognized me (God bless her) and she called the store manager and had someone from another department to process my returns.

The person I was working with knew about the note 7 recall and heard about some Jeep got burned down by note 7 explosion, so I did not have to convince her on anything. I was offered to exchange to a S7 edge or S7, which I declined. The entire process took 2 hours, they apologized to us because they are not trained on the systems.

I was able to keep my Sam's club gift card, 256G SD card. My Verizon account got updated Monday shows I have paid off the note 7. Compare to some of the experience reported here, I'm happy my local Sam's club is more friendly and more informed than others.

Twangtron3000

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone else just receive the email from Sam's Club? It basically just says you can bring in your Note 7 and exchange it for a S7 or S7 Edge, or you can just get a full refund. There's no mention of being notified of new safer Note 7s being released or being able to receive one of those when they are. Should this be worrying to someone who basically only wants a Note 7?

Maynard

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes - if I wanted one of those I'd have bought one of those. Plus, it appears if you are willing to just return it and wait for the "NEW" Note 7 they want their $150 gift card back. That is crap! Here is the email - - -

Dear Member,

Samsung has engaged with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) in regards to battery safety issues with the Note7. Details provided by Samsung can be found here.

Our records indicate that you purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note7 from Sam's Club sometime between August 19, 2016 and September 1, 2016. As a member who purchased the Galaxy Note7, you are eligible to exchange your current device with a new device or receive a full refund of your original purchase as described below.

1. Exchange the Galaxy Note7 for the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge. You will receive a refund for any price difference between devices through your monthly carrier bill
When exchanging the device, you will receive a $25 bill credit to your monthly bill through your carrier
Any promotional gift cards or offers received at time of purchase do not need to be returned at the time of exchange
2. Return the Galaxy Note7 for a full refund
Upon returning the device, any promotional gift cards received from Sam’s Club will need to be returned in full.
We are committed to keeping you informed as Samsung works with the CPSC to resolve this issue, and we will provide you with additional details in the event the Galaxy Note7 is formally recalled. In the meantime if you have any questions we encourage you to contact Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG or visit with a mobile associate at your local Sam’s Club.

Regards,
The Sam's Club Team

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else just receive the email from Sam's Club? It basically just says you can bring in your Note 7 and exchange it for a S7 or S7 Edge, or you can just get a full refund. There's no mention of being notified of new safer Note 7s being released or being able to receive one of those when they are. Should this be worrying to someone who basically only wants a Note 7?

Just got the same e-mail, and I too noticed that it doesn't say anything about getting a replacement Note 7 when they come out. Neither the refund option or the S7 or S7 Edge option say anything about that. Not sure what to read into that, could just be they assume people aren't going to want to go to another Note 7, hard to say.

I'm getting a little antsy about still having my Note 7, even though I've had zero issues with it, and I've been considering just doing the trade-in and getting an S7 Edge to hold me over. From what I've seen, AT&T (my carrier) will do the exchange in their store, even though I didn't buy it there; at least I've seen some people do that. I would just do the exchange at Sam's, but I want to make sure I get a new Note 7 when they are available again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95