Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Been on hold forever at Samsung.com. No one seems to know how to get me a replacement, only how to turn it in. Been bounced to 3 different departments so far, and right now I don't really hear anything on the phone and dont know if someone else will be picking up . . . lol. I told them, just sell me a replacement, and then credit me back when I return this one. Should be pretty simple, shouldn't it? Still holding...

Edit: yeah, it's hopeless. Over a half hour of nothing but silence. Pretty sure they just transferred me to a black hole.

Last edited:

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got off with them. The person I talked to said I can order online again once they become available online. I still haven't gotten my email to send it back yet even though I am on the list. Looks like I will have to purchase again and get my refund later. She said if I want to keep the gift I need to reorder from them.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Been on hold forever at Samsung.com. No one seems to know how to get me a replacement, only how to turn it in. Been bounced to 3 different departments so far, and right now I don't really hear anything on the phone and dont know if someone else will be picking up . . . lol. I told them, just sell me a replacement, and then credit me back when I return this one. Should be pretty simple, shouldn't it? Still holding...

Edit: yeah, it's hopeless. Over a half hour of nothing but silence. Pretty sure they just transferred me to a black hole.
That happened to me the other day. Hopefully you can get better info than I did!!

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
rsmin, yes - that's what I'm trying to do. This is too funny. Just tried a third time. The only way to order one right now is through their e-commerce support team (because of the craziness going on). Getting through to that team is impossible. They did take my number and promised that the team will call ME within 24 hours in order to take my order for a new Note 7. Not holding my breath...

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
rsmin, yes - that's what I'm trying to do. This is too funny. Just tried a third time. The only way to order one right now is through their e-commerce support team (because of the craziness going on). Getting through to that team is impossible. They did take my number and promised that the team will call ME within 24 hours in order to take my order for a new Note 7. Not holding my breath...
jhimmel, thanks keep us posted. They told me I can only order through them online and keep watching the website for it. I know one thing if I can get through this mess, I won't ever order another one through them.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm being impatient, the news just came out a few hours ago, but those idiots at Samsung.com are still refusing to do replacements. Return, refund and wait for it to go an sale again. Right hand not talking to the left hand. I hope my label does not get printed until they resolve this mess.

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
The process is a black hole. You get on the phone with them. They take all this information and then transfer you in to a blackness they call the sales and return dept. There u sit in silence - forever.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The process is a black hole. You get on the phone with them. They take all this information and then transfer you in to a blackness they call the sales and return dept. There u sit in silence - forever.
Oh so true!! It's funny all over tv and the internet people are saying please turn your recalled notes back in. Saw news tonight saying only 180,000 have been turned back in. WELL, that's fine and dandy UNLESS you bought your phone from Samsung.com!!!!! You would think Samsung.com would be leading the way in returns, BUT NO. I have been trying since Sunday almost two weeks ago to get a label to ship this phone back and still haven't received it. And it ain't like it's coming through U.S.mail.. They are sending it via EMAIL!!! I haven't heard or seen one person that has received it.

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
That is not excuse for not being able to speak to a live person who would explain the issue. I agree they have a shipping issue. That is not our problem. They should just issue all of us refunds and tell us to order new from them or a carrier, etc. They sold us a product that can't be used. Getting it back should not be our problem. Just return my money.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
That is not excuse for not being able to speak to a live person who would explain the issue. I agree they have a shipping issue. That is not our problem. They should just issue all of us refunds and tell us to order new from them or a carrier, etc. They sold us a product that can't be used. Getting it back should not be our problem. Just return my money.

Oh I know, I'm with you there. It's been an infuriating circus so far.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So e-commerce team just called me, and hung up after three rings - before I could even answer!

I got the call an hour or two ago. All they will tell you is you will receive a return label soon. Won't be a FedEx label because FedEx refuses to transport them (I had to pull this out of the rep). Also, there is no exchange program. You have to return and rebuy. Period.

Meanwhile, Canada has this going on...

THIS is how it should be done

Nice, isn't it? That's how organized Samsung.ca (or whatever) is for our friends up North.

Here? Complete disaster.

I'm drafting a letter to the CEO's office in NJ. It won't do anything, but having worked in a huge corporate HQ before, I do know for a fact they read and reflect on these types of complaints. So I'm sending it. No vitriol, just calm, professionally worded feedback on this mess (with reference to Canada for sure). They need to get rid of Digital River ASAP and take handling the web store in-house. I'm sure there's much more they need to do, but that's low hanging fruit for sure.

I'll just walk into T-Mobile and buy a revised device. At least they will take care of me if something goes wrong.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the call an hour or two ago. All they will tell you is you will receive a return label soon. Won't be a FedEx label because FedEx refuses to transport them (I had to pull this out of the rep). Also, there is no exchange program. You have to return and rebuy. Period.

Meanwhile, Canada has this going on...

THIS is how it should be done

Nice, isn't it? That's how organized Samsung.ca (or whatever) is for our friends up North.

Here? Complete disaster.

I'm drafting a letter to the CEO's office in NJ. It won't do anything, but having worked in a huge corporate HQ before, I do know for a fact they read and reflect on these types of complaints. So I'm sending it. No vitriol, just calm, professionally worded feedback on this mess (with reference to Canada for sure). They need to get rid of Digital River ASAP and take handling the web store in-house. I'm sure there's much more they need to do, but that's low hanging fruit for sure.

I'll just walk into T-Mobile and buy a revised device. At least they will take care of me if something goes wrong.
Coolbreeze78,

I saw the head man for Samsung in the US on TV last night apologizing for this note 7 issue. It would help if they looked at there own policy here in the states at Samsung.com. It has been a mess for those of us that ordered through them. When I look at how Samsung Canada is handling their customers compared to Samsung USA it's as if they are totally two different companies (well I guess they are being that this is Digital River).
When they explained their return policy to me last week I told them I might as well go to an ATT store and buy it locally. She said I would have to return my promotional gift if I did. I hope your letter has them at least looking into this online debacle they call Samsung.com/us .. Probably won't help us now but might help customers in the future. I love my Samsung products, and my Note 7 but won't order anything through Samsung.com again. Also if you go to T-Mobile to purchase one will they put you at the end of the line and you have to wait until the exchanges are done?

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Called again today. All I got was "we'll have someone call u". They really had no idea how the return or exchange process works.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Called again today. All I got was "we'll have someone call u". They really had no idea how the return or exchange process works.
You will get a call back. It will be a useless call back only offering an incoming return label and no exchange, but they will call.

Nothing like them saying, when you pick up, "Mr. avalvo, as I understand, you want to participate in the exchange program, is that correct?"

Then...they drop it on you that...there is no exchange program "at this time." Cute.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Called today, got 2 things:

1) I'm added to the list of people waiting for return labels

2) I got in writing (an email) that regardless of what I do, I get to keep my promo gift (GF2) . This came after quite a bit of prodding. They initially said that if I didn't buy from them, I had to return it. After speaking to a supervisor blah blah blah I have an email that lets me ride myself of this entity.

So, the day I get my return label, I'm walking into a Verizon store, and buying my new phone from them. Sending the old one back to Samsung e-commerce, and once my refund is received, I'm done with them forever. I don't even care if I vet the $25 (I should, but didn't ask about it) , it's not worth the hassle.

Sure, I have to carry the charge on my card for a while, but I guess thats just more travel points for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.