Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone try calling samsung.com yet with this new recall? I am not if town and didn't bring my note 7 so don't have info to call them until I get back. Dreading this part of the process more than moving to a lesser phone.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone try calling samsung.com yet with this new recall? I am not if town and didn't bring my note 7 so don't have info to call them until I get back. Dreading this part of the process more than moving to a lesser phone.
Yes. They have no clue what's going on. Kept getting transferred between e-commerce and rhe Note 7 hotline.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Called VZW this morning about my extra phones. They said they aren't worrying about sending people back to the original purchase point, they are just exchanging them and dealing with it themselves.

I'm going to my local VZW after work. Will report back.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For those considering keeping their Note 7, what message do you think that's sending to Samsung?

Papa dont preach ... I have made up mind, im keeping my Note 7 baby lol ;)

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes. They have no clue what's going on. Kept getting transferred between e-commerce and rhe Note 7 hotline.

Kind of the same. Spent 1 hr 5 minutes on the phone yesterday. Spoke with three people, for three different case #s. They didn't have a clue how to handle the extra one that they sent me. One guy asked "SIR DID YOU CONTACT SAMSUNG WHEN YOU RECEIVED THE EXTRA PHONE?" I said nope, I had no obligation to do so. He sounded genuinely aggravated.

The third US based rep was the most helpful but in the end he just told me to call Samsung e-commerce today as they all went home at 6pm yesterday. Nice.

So no progress yet. I'm stunned.

android44life

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
If you're just trying to dispose of the extra free phones, I would walk into Verizon or Best Buy and leave it on the counter. They'll take care of it... like a baby at the fire station :)

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
And get a random bill in a few weeks from Samsung for it? No thanks.
I've notified Samsung about their error in sending me two extra phones once by phone and once by email. I've heard nothing back from them. My last email said that their lack of response in a reasonable time frame means that I consider these a free gift. Pursuant to ths FTC guidelines. I've done more than necessary.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Kind of the same. Spent 1 hr 5 minutes on the phone yesterday. Spoke with three people, for three different case #s. They didn't have a clue how to handle the extra one that they sent me. One guy asked "SIR DID YOU CONTACT SAMSUNG WHEN YOU RECEIVED THE EXTRA PHONE?" I said nope, I had no obligation to do so. He sounded genuinely aggravated.

The third US based rep was the most helpful but in the end he just told me to call Samsung e-commerce today as they all went home at 6pm yesterday. Nice.

So no progress yet. I'm stunned.
Coolbreeze78,

Good grief, Did we really think this time would be any different? NO!!!

I won't be back home til the end of the week. Will try and call them when I get back. I know it was that Texas group that sent me that return box and phone the first time. The second phone I got from
Samsung.com. I will call the Samsung.com group first to see if they can rebate me for my original purchase and recall. Then just wait and see if I get a call from the Texas group like I did the first time for the other one. I really don't believe the two groups knew what the other was doing!!

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Called VZW this morning about my extra phones. They said they aren't worrying about sending people back to the original purchase point, they are just exchanging them and dealing with it themselves.

I'm going to my local VZW after work. Will report back.

Surprise surprise, Verizon couldn't help once I go to the store. I've got 2 tickets in with Samsung to be contacted about refund and returns.

Cluster 2.0, engage.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Surprise surprise, Verizon couldn't help once I go to the store. I've got 2 tickets in with Samsung to be contacted about refund and returns.

Cluster 2.0, engage.

Lol. I got a call from Samsung today but I was in a meeting. They didn't leave a voicemail.

Samsung, I know you want us to do 98% of the work, but it's okay to leave a voicemail. We shouldn't have to resort to googling the 1-800 number to figure out you are trying "tirelessly" to help us. Please take this seriously because we are.

Just leave a voicemail with a person/extension who is assigned our case. I promise once I'm free, I will return the call and get this remedied. No need to be flighty about it.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just go & return it
here in Dubai my friend even got refund for the extended warranty & Case he used for over a month
This is the Samsung.com thread and we bought our phones from them which is online only. There is not a store to take it back to. Thus the reason we can't just "go and return it".

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Also, Samsung is sending checks for the full retail value of any phone received from a 3rd party, i.e. Extras you may bave received from an unknown source.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Also, Samsung is sending checks for the full retail value of any phone received from a 3rd party, i.e. Extras you may bave received from an unknown source.

Good thing I told them I got an extra already

I don't recommend anyone else be as honest as I was because it doesn't pay off.

EDIT: nevermind, misunderstood.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So many cases of Exploding Note 7.
Then came the Recall and now there are no cases

BUT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE USING THE NOTE 7
SO HOW COME ALL THE NOTE 7 WORKING FINE NOW ???

Status
Not open for further replies.