Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Just received email thay my coral blue ATT shipped. It took long time to get it but we will see what happens next. Original phone was charged few times and no issue but not really using it. Due to 'warning'.

So they are still shipping them? Or you received the phone already and the email was delayed?

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So now what do I do with my 3 replacements? Trying to get the two extra they sent me replaced is going to be fun...

Yeah I have an off the record extra. No trace of it. I knew I should have taken it to a pawn shop yesterday and offloaded for a few hundred bucks. Oh well. Now the hysteria has hit nightly news nobody will get near it. And I'm betting Samsung will be like "what extra return label? We only sent you one phone." Then it's suddenly our problem to dispose of. Nice.

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Same here got the email that AT&T Blue Coral, shipped. I'm still using my original with no issues at all. Great battery life.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have an off the record extra. No trace of it. I knew I should have taken it to a pawn shop yesterday and offloaded for a few hundred bucks. Oh well. Now the hysteria has hit nightly news nobody will get near it. And I'm betting Samsung will be like "what extra return label? We only sent you one phone." Then it's suddenly our problem to dispose of. Nice.
Yep, I have an extra one as well. The first one came from that group in Texas, the second one came from Samsung.com. Oh God, I can't believe we are going through this again... Can someone save us from this madness? All I want this time is a refund and I dare then to try and get my sd card back. If I can get the refund I will buy what ever phone I get through the carriers.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I will probably do the same thing, I am too invested in Samsung to try anything else. I just hate the fact that I have been using a Note since Note 2 and this will be the first non spen phone in years. But instead of best buy I will go into a corporate store.. Just easier to swap and/or get fixed if another issue.

Took your advice and went to a corporate store. Bought a S7edge, retail price. Will ask for a refund. If and when a fixed or future version comes out I will probably buy. At least now I have a functional replacement for a year or 2.

Lethal1148

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
New statement by Samsung:

We are working with relevant regulatory bodies to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.

We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available.

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...note7-while-further-investigation-takes-place

Lethal1148

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site

We are working with relevant regulatory bodies to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.

We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available.

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...note7-while-further-investigation-takes-place

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Exactly what remedies are available for those of us who bought from Samsung.com?

Lethal1148

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Samsung is working with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. While the investigation is taking place, Samsung is asking all carrier and retail partners here and around the globe to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7. Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, we are asking consumers with an original Galaxy Note7 or a replacement Galaxy Note7 to power it down and contact the carrier or retail outlet where you purchased your Galaxy Note7. If you bought your Galaxy Note7 from Samsung.com or have questions, you should contact us at 1-844-365-6197 and we can help you.

tl;dr, call Samsung. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Source (top paragraph, under latest updates): Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Exactly what remedies are available for those of us who bought from Samsung.com?

I was talking to Samsung about 1 hour ago and got the same spiel about customer service etc. power down phone and wait for what to do. The Canadian site is completely useless as they have zero information. The US site has updated information and I asked why Canada has nothing, I was told it will be updated shortly. Here we go again :(

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello Samsung. Your S is weak!!!! Fix it, make a running change, get the swap out going asap!!! I don't want another phone. I will use mine! Get crackin'. Time to work weekends, no holiday time, cancel all vacations!!!!

Lethal1148

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I was talking to Samsung about 1 hour ago and got the same spiel about customer service etc. power down phone and wait for what to do. The Canadian site is completely useless as they have zero information. The US site has updated information and I asked why Canada has nothing, I was told it will be updated shortly. Here we go again :(

According to the US website, they're supposed to offer us refunds.

But it's at the point where refunds aren't enough. I've spent about $80 on my case + screen protector + wires, and I've already tossed the packaging. Can't return it anymore. Then there's the issue of the hours of wasted time scouring the internet for information, and hours of wasted time on the phone with Samsung customer service. Ugh, I might do a charge back on my credit card/PayPal just so I don't have to deal with Samsung anymore.

I highly doubt there's going to be a third version of the phone. If N7s are still melting down, then it might be a design defect, which isn't really fixable. They need to be redesigned and remanufactured.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
According to the US website, they're supposed to offer us refunds.

But it's at the point where refunds aren't enough. I've spent about $80 on my case + screen protector + wires, and I've already tossed the packaging. Can't return it anymore. Then there's the issue of the hours of wasted time scouring the internet for information, and hours of wasted time on the phone with Samsung customer service. Ugh, I might do a charge back on my credit card/PayPal just so I don't have to deal with Samsung anymore.

I highly doubt there's going to be a third version of the phone. If N7s are still melting down, then it might be a design defect, which isn't really fixable. They need to be redesigned and remanufactured.

I'm going to call my CC as well to see if their is a way to bypass Samsung. I feel your pain about money wasted on cases and accessories, I spent about $200 on stuff not to mention the hours wasted on hold and dealing with Samsung.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Took your advice and went to a corporate store. Bought a S7edge, retail price. Will ask for a refund. If and when a fixed or future version comes out I will probably buy. At least now I have a functional replacement for a year or 2.
Donhilla,

How are you liking the s7e?

android44life

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Anyone got their refund from samsung.com ?

I received prepaid label and boxes. Sent off the original Note 7. It was delivered and signed for. So far no refund. Anyone gotten credited yet ?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I swapped mine for a new one, but that is what made me nervous the first time around. You might want to get your credit card company to do a charge back.

Status
Not open for further replies.