Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud32767

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Been waiting for fire-proof box since Oct. 11th.
Been trying to get answers from Samsung on box status to no avail.
Promised email response on box status query on Oct 27 but was not contacted.
Promised call back on Nov 1 within 24 to 48 hrs and never was called.

I want my $900 dollars back.

Anybody else in return box limbo hell?
-Andrew

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Been waiting for fire-proof box since Oct. 11th.
Been trying to get answers from Samsung on box status to no avail.
Promised email response on box status query on Oct 27 but was not contacted.
Promised call back on Nov 1 within 24 to 48 hrs and never was called.

I want my $900 dollars back.

Anybody else in return box limbo hell?
-Andrew

Why not just go to the Samsung Store & return it ?

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah let me know what you figure out about accessories. I bought from so many different places, I might just try and craigslist the wireless chargers and eat the $20 in cases.
Amazon is letting me return everything, including the off-brand Qi charger for my car.

I bought a wireless charger from Target, and they took it back and gave me store credit.

Full refunds on everything. Just be gracious and helpless when you talk to people.

android44life

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I was forced to download the update - my phone now sucks.
I have a Samsung store near me but they are not officially connected to Samsung. Cannot return/exchange phone bought on Samsung.com. I tried. I called Samsung and they are sending Steri cycle (?) to my house to take the Note 7 and give me a S7 Edge. They say I'll get $100 for my trouble, $100 for difference in price of the exchange phone and $50 for my accessories.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting on refund. Anyone got theirs yet?

I returned mine to Tomobile TWO months ago and still fighting to receive my refund. Also, the other poster, there are Samsung stores not affiliated with Samsung? I know Samsung has a few stores, but they have 3rd party stores too?

android44life

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I returned mine to Tomobile TWO months ago and still fighting to receive my refund. Also, the other poster, there are Samsung stores not affiliated with Samsung? I know Samsung has a few stores, but they have 3rd party stores too?

I went to the Samsung store in south Florida. Looks like an official Samsung store but said they are separate from samsung.com , could not help me.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Called VZW this morning about my extra phones. They said they aren't worrying about sending people back to the original purchase point, they are just exchanging them and dealing with it themselves.

I'm going to my local VZW after work. Will report back.

I'm looking to dive into the Android world from Windows Phone. You could send me one of the extras :D

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I went to the Samsung store in south Florida. Looks like an official Samsung store but said they are separate from samsung.com , could not help me.

I cant find any info online for these samsung storefronts other than the few corporate locations they have in the states.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I've basically gotten a consistent middle finger from Samsung.com on this. Returned and received Nov 1st,still nothing regarding a refund. Too late to dispute my purchase on PayPal

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Well after 3 weeks of waiting for a refund, going at it with Samsung on the phone for hours, I filed a dispute with PayPal and I have my money back after 3 hours. So happy to leave this behind me.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well after 3 weeks of waiting for a refund, going at it with Samsung on the phone for hours, I filed a dispute with PayPal and I have my money back after 3 hours. So happy to leave this behind me.

Nice! If I don't get it back on my bank master card, do you think I can dispute the purchase and get mine back too?

Aggyandoverit

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I called samsung on the 8th to start my exchange process on my 2nd note 7. I went to the sprint store and they wanted the original box (wasn't given one because I have 3 kids and I probably threw it away to avoid clutter) so they kept the box on this current one. Then they were charging me all these fees I REFUSED to pay. Samsung was super helpful. Told me stericycle would call me within 48 to 72 hours. Little did I know after 3 more calls, it was 48 to 72 business hours. 9 days. Sooo. Here I was over 9 days on the phone with someone basically telling me that I just gotta wait. Nooo. Give me a phone number, transfer me to a department.

Only to be told "we don't have the number." I ask for a supervisor. "She's just going to tell you the Same thing."

Oh Yeah? Oh. Okay. Long story short I finally got a supervisor after explaining to the very rude agent that it is her responsibility to transfer me. Yeah the supervisor told me the same thing, but I used this opportunity to explain how poorly they were handling this whole thing. Every single time I called, i was given different information and treated like it was my fault.

It takes 5 hours to charge to 60%, and less than 2 hours to die with no apps running. Did I mention I habe 3 small children and needmy phone in case of emergencies?

I am about to call again. Oh and stericycle has had my phone for 2 weeks now according to their records.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Another day without getting my refund. I don't think I will ever see it unless I call samsung, or as I stated before go to BBB and contact local media. They just make excuses when calling and broken promisses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress