Target Note 7 Recall Thread

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
How are people doing exchanges at AT&T store? I tried and they couldn't pull up my receipt to do the exchange even though I had my Target receipt with me

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My at&t store said they couldn't because there was no receipt on file. How did your store do it? Maybe I can try a different one tomorrow.
I had all of my Target paperwork. I told them that Target had just told me that they didn't know when they were going to get replacements in. I showed them the text message I got from AT&T earlier today and they said okay. We will take care of you.

There were other people in there doing the same thing that had just come from Target too. I heard the manager say they were getting all kinds of people coming in saying they couldn't get replacements at other retailers. They just decided to help everyone.

They can do the exchange. They have to call in and cancel the original contract and redo it.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had all of my Target paperwork. I told them that Target had just told me that they didn't know when they were going to get replacements in. I showed them the text message I got from AT&T earlier today and they said okay. We will take care of you.

There were other people in there doing the same thing that had just come from Target too. I heard the manager say they were getting all kinds of people coming in saying they couldn't get replacements at other retailers. They just decided to help everyone.

They can do the exchange. They have to call in and cancel the original contract and redo it.

I agree with this. I was in a ATT store last weekend and they were in the process of letting me return Target bought Note to the ATT store. It can be done it just is a big pain for the store. The guy told me it was going to take 1.5 hrs to get done and I didn't have the time.

aenokea

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I was in my local Target and the mobile person said that they should be getting in the Note 7 but not sure when... But reading through this thread it looks like most have given up on getting the phone from Target? I wanted to use my gift cards to re-buy but should I just go through ATT already?

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was in my local Target and the mobile person said that they should be getting in the Note 7 but not sure when... But reading through this thread it looks like most have given up on getting the phone from Target? I wanted to use my gift cards to re-buy but should I just go through ATT already?
Really your call. I just got tired of Target telling me "we don't know when they are coming in." Especially when Samsung said no later than September 21. It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

grmrsan1

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
That's a little confusing. You state "most reps do not expect to get them in to have one to exchange for your old phone." Then state "just chill, none of you will be stuck with your old Note 7."
Because even if we don't get new ones, you can return the old one for refund, and buy another someplace else.

bothee

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there any downside to just returning and rebuying somewhere else at this point? You'd only miss out on the $25 Samsung credit, right?

The two year upgrade price is $50 cheaper at Verizon corporate than it was at Target, so I'd still come out ahead and get the phone sooner--or am I missing anything?

Anybody who did the return did you need all the original packaging and whatnot?

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm worried if you return to target then buy again from somewhere else that you'll lose out on the BOGO deal that the carriers were giving before...

Burtonpopo

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Is there any downside to just returning and rebuying somewhere else at this point? You'd only miss out on the $25 Samsung credit, right?

The two year upgrade price is $50 cheaper at Verizon corporate than it was at Target, so I'd still come out ahead and get the phone sooner--or am I missing anything?

Anybody who did the return did you need all the original packaging and whatnot?

Thinking about doing this same thing. Anyone know how easy it is to return the phone?

Corey Watford

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It's all fun and games until the first lawsuit hits target because someone's phone explodes that they would not return.

Although I want to agree, Target wont get any lawsuits, as Samsung and the carriers already sent messages and warnings telling you to turn off the device. And after the recent update, this just covers their butts even more. But of course no reports of the note 7 incidents after the device was completely shut off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2