T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffg9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
One thing that this recall has shown me is how crappy T-Mobile's communication is - to it's own employees and customers.

I totally place all of the blame on the CEO - he's the head and sets the tone for the entire organization. Communication, apparently, is not his greatest skill.

I think it is more of a Samsung issue personally. T-mobile has had to adjust on the fly to Samsung's confusion.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it was one of those T-Mo Tuesday free stuff.

Yeah they did it twice I redeemed it the second time they did it. I feel like it was a month or so ago. But also was reminding people of T-Mobile Tuesday. Vudu and Lyft. Don't go to bww so won't use it but nice change up from free frostys.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Here in MA.... I called two T-Mobile stores. One was completely clueless and mumbled something about a Samsung Rep coming to the store and saying they won't have anything until October, the other said that they might start getting them tomorrow and I should start calling in the afternoon.

Between you and me, the latter dude seemed to have more of a clue about what was going on, so I'll go with that. :)

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Here in MA.... I called two T-Mobile stores. One was completely clueless and mumbled something about a Samsung Rep coming to the store and saying they won't have anything until October, the other said that they might start getting them tomorrow and I should start calling in the afternoon.

Between you and me, the latter dude seemed to have more of a clue about what was going on, so I'll go with that. :)

I cant believe how random these stores are. Like, I completely get it that this is an unprecedented event and probably now one was prepared for it, but COME ON, there is plenty of information about this out for the public, and these reps sit there and stare at a computer screen all day long. You'd think someone could have sent out a universal email about what to do, how to handle, what to expect, etc.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This company is so horrible giving details to customers. Once my phones are paid off I'm definitely going to look for another company to be with I rather pay more to get better customer service

I read a bit of the Verizon thread and someone did just that. Left tmobile for Verizon because of this Note 7 mess.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I read a bit of the Verizon thread and someone did just that. Left tmobile for Verizon because of this Note 7 mess.

I wouldn't consider leaving Tmobile over this just because this is the only negative I have ever had with the company and i can't even completely fault them, but yeah, this has been bad.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I am going to wait until tomorrow and call or check online to order. Maybe I'll do T-force first and have them do the order. No sense stressing out today. I think it will be a lot smoother to get a straight answer tomorrow.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't consider leaving Tmobile over this just because this is the only negative I have ever had with the company and i can't even completely fault them, but yeah, this has been bad.

Same here. I left Verizon because I would have lost my unlimited plan or have to do a lot of non sense to keep it. My dad and a coworker had tmobile, so I switched. My dad has an S2, so I switched from moto to Samsung for the better display.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
On hold with *844 now. They are saying my original Note 7 was returned and I will need to go into the store and do a normal upgrade back to the Note 7 replacement. I said "what about the S7E loaner device". Rep said, we are not showing that in our system, please give me the IMEI number so that I can do a search. This is SUCH a cluster .....

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I called my closest T-mobile store and they said check back this afternoon. They haven't received any yet but may get them today when UPS shows up.

I'm flying on Thursday so if I can't get one today and have time to set it up, I'll just wait until I get back.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I called my closest T-mobile store and they said check back this afternoon. They haven't received any yet but may get them today when UPS shows up.

I'm flying on Thursday so if I can't get one today and have time to set it up, I'll just wait until I get back.

So 2 days ago I went to a local T-Mobile store and supposedly they were going to hold me a coral blue one from what I'm hearing now is everybody has to go through customer service either do an exchange Bring Back Your loaner and your phone would be shipped to the T-Mobile store for pickup and I'm hearing you can only stay with the color you had this is so confusing so much different information that was told a couple days ago

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
On hold with *844 now. They are saying my original Note 7 was returned and I will need to go into the store and do a normal upgrade back to the Note 7 replacement. I said "what about the S7E loaner device". Rep said, we are not showing that in our system, please give me the IMEI number so that I can do a search. This is SUCH a cluster .....

Mine was done as a "permanent replacement" lol. No one at Tmobile knows what the heck is goin on

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm telling you guys, call customer care and have them notate the CRAP out of your account, just so you have something to fall back on tomorrow when the store rep acts like they don't have the slightest clue on what the heck to do.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 on 9/10. The EIP is still open. Waiting on T-mobile to get back to me on how I got my money back / returned to a corporate store but still have an EIP active for it somehow...

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm telling you guys, call customer care and have them notate the CRAP out of your account, just so you have something to fall back on tomorrow when the store rep acts like they don't have the slightest clue on what the heck to do.
This is why I only talk to T-Force on twitter DM. I have all the messages where I've asked or verified that the S7 Edge is just a loaner and I absolutely want to go back to the N7.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 on 9/10. The EIP is still open. Waiting on T-mobile to get back to me on how I got my money back / returned to a corporate store but still have an EIP active for it somehow...

That's the day I returned mine, and that's also the day (later in the afternoon) they announced the ability to even get a loaner phone. Idk if my original EIP is open or closed. No idea. All I know is I have a replacement device, S7 Edge that may or may not be a loaner phone...lol. Woooooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87