Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharmanas

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Coming from using an iPhone for years (briefly used 1st gen. Moto-X), I thought Note 7 would be a great buy. And it was - loved the design, display, and the camera. The software experience, not so much, but it was okay. Choice of materials was also questionable (scratch-prone home button/camera module/screen). I would've overlooked all of that, I still wanted to exchange the device for a new one, simply because it's a better phone. But it's not a better product, because these days services are an integral part of a consumer product. All this delay in first getting the phone itself when placing a pre-order on day 1, and now no actual information on the exchange/refund process for such a serious matter. I initiated my Note 7 return process for a full refund 2 weeks ago, and the customer care is clueless as usual about the return labels. I'm certain now that I won't leave Apple again. I gave Samsung a chance, and they screwed up big time. A $25 discount coupon (yet to receive?) does not make up for the crappy service that we've all been subjected to.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got a response 2 minutes ago:

Hello,

At this time we are not offering in-person exchanges at our walk-in service locations. To return the phone please call 844--365-6197 and the group. You will receive a label for the accessories via email. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you . If you have any other questions or concerns please email back. Have a great day!

Bravo. Bravo idiots.

And it sounds like they are gearing up to require the freebies back. Nope. Everyone who bought from carriers and Best Buy got to keep them. Samsung.com customers are already getting super screwed. They can come chase me for them and I'll fight back. I'm also just sending the bare phone back. Keeping the accessories and s-pen. Screw em.

Last edited:

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got a response 2 minutes ago:

Hello,

At this time we are not offering in-person exchanges at our walk-in service locations. To return the phone please call 844--365-6197 and the group. You will receive a label for the accessories via email. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you . If you have any other questions or concerns please email back. Have a great day!

Bravo. Bravo idiots.

And it sounds like they are gearing up to require the freebies back. Nope. Everyone who bought from carriers and Best Buy got to keep them. Samsung.com customers are already getting super screwed. They can come chase me for them and I'll fight back. I'm also just sending the bare phone back. Keeping the accessories and s-pen. Screw em.
Was this a call or email from them?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I still don't think they know what they are doing. I am with you, they are not getting the freebie back. As far as I am concerned that was given to us because we preordered this.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I still don't think they know what they are doing. I am with you, they are not getting the freebie back. As far as I am concerned that was given to us because we preordered this.

I saw over at Reddit this morning that a dude who bought one on Craigslist called Samsung. They arranged for a swap at a carrier store. He's thrilled.

WTF-OVER!

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend for any of you with the means to get your stories to the press... This is the saddest thread of them all that you all that paid full price from the source are getting treated so badly...

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend for any of you with the means to get your stories to the press... This is the saddest thread of them all that you all that paid full price from the source are getting treated so badly...

I'm considering litigation. Not kidding. And I'm not being a crybaby about this. It's effectively discrimination. Perhaps I'm being silly here, but the seriousness of this couldn't be more urgent. Our dangerous phones have been sitting in our homes for 3 weeks now. We cannot do anything with them. We cannot get rid of them. We cannot get them replaced.

Meanwhile, everyone who bought the same device from a carrier have not only been provided loaners (and redeemed free VR headsets) but they are waltzing in and getting replacements already. No fuss, just royal treatment. Samsung/Digital River will hide behind "well, carriers set their own policies and procedures." Nice try but no. We have nowhere else to turn to. We cannot get rid of nor replace these devices. We are being held hostage here, as is our $900. Does anyone actually feel that makes any sense at all? If so, I'd love to hear the logic.

We sit here in silence while dangerous devices just sit in our homes. We have zero guidance from the company we gave $900 to. That's the manufacturer in case anyone forgot. They are liable here. I want it out of my possession and replaced. They are refusing to do either. That's a major problem.

There is an attorney that would love this publicity. I'm looking for him/her as we speak.

Even if they "fix" this in the next 5 minutes, the past is not forgiven nor forgotten. Digital River needs to be fired today.

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm considering litigation. Not kidding. And I'm not being a crybaby about this. It's effectively discrimination. Perhaps I'm being silly here, but the seriousness of this couldn't be more urgent. Our dangerous phones have been sitting in our homes for 3 weeks now. We cannot do anything with them. We cannot get rid of them. We cannot get them replaced.

Meanwhile, everyone who bought the same device from a carrier have not only been provided loaners (and redeemed free VR headsets) but they are waltzing in and getting replacements already. No fuss, just royal treatment. Samsung/Digital River will hide behind "well, carriers set their own policies and procedures." Nice try but no. We have nowhere else to turn to. We cannot get rid of nor replace these devices. We are being held hostage here, as is our $900. Does anyone actually feel that makes any sense at all? If so, I'd love to hear the logic.

We sit here in silence while dangerous devices just sit in our homes. We have zero guidance from the company we gave $900 to. That's the manufacturer in case anyone forgot. They are liable here. I want it out of my possession and replaced. They are refusing to do either. That's a major problem.

There is an attorney that would love this publicity. I'm looking for him/her as we speak.

Even if they "fix" this in the next 5 minutes, the past is not forgiven nor forgotten. Digital River needs to be fired today.

I 100% agree with absolutely everything you just wrote. I feel exactly the same way. I don't think this is "no big deal". I don't have a backup phone and I'm assuming some others don't either. Nowadays we can't just get by with no phone, unfortunately. I have kids that need to call me, older parents that could need me, etc. So I can't just go and throw the phone out! Plus I would be out a lot of money for something that's not my fault. I just wish I understand what Samsung is thinking with just ignoring the people who pre-ordered their phone for A LOT OF MONEY, through them.

My husband is an attorney (he's a trademark attorney so he doesn't practice this type of law), but I'll still run it by him and sees what he thinks about a lawsuit. We can all join together.

I would buy an iphone (which I haven't done since the 4), but I just don't like it at all, compared to the note. But yes, Apple's customer service isn't like this, we would just be able to walk into the store and exchange.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Called again, "we will be reaching out to everyone who purchased from Samsung.com by Wednesday with information on exchanges and returns".

Excuse me if I don't hold my breath

mikecol

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
This Note 7 was my 1st new phone in 10 years and what a mess (last was a Samsung X495). I ordered from them the 1st hours that it was available and figured getting directly from Samsung.com would be the best thing to do....Gave them my $900+ and waited and waited; while everyone else had them in the store. No way to check status on it or find out anything. Finally got mine and now can't get a replacement.

They seem completely out of touch with their customers. Now wish I would have just got one through Tmobile or just forget the whole thing and go back to my X495...at least it is safe to have in the home and vehicle. The Note 7 is nice to use, but dealing with Samsung.com has spoiled it for me...just not worth the trouble.

They have completely failed in every email to me. All promises and never any action from them. Not worth calling or emailing them for anything.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This Note 7 was my 1st new phone in 10 years and what a mess (last was a Samsung X495). I ordered from them the 1st hours that it was available and figured getting directly from Samsung.com would be the best thing to do....Gave them my $900+ and waited and waited; while everyone else had them in the store. No way to check status on it or find out anything. Finally got mine and now can't get a replacement.

They seem completely out of touch with their customers. Now wish I would have just got one through Tmobile or just forget the whole thing and go back to my X495...at least it is safe to have in the home and vehicle. The Note 7 is nice to use, but dealing with Samsung.com has spoiled it for me...just not worth the trouble.

They have completely failed in every email to me. All promises and never any action from them. Not worth calling or emailing them for anything.
Mikecol,

We all agree with ya. If I didn't love the phone so much I would move on to something else. I have had the note 2, 3, & 4 and this one is obviously the best. Samsung.com has taken a lot of the fun out of it but for me there is just not another phone out there that works for me. This was the first time I ordered from Samsung.com and will be the last once I can get my replacement. The odd thing is that Samsung.com in Canada is totally opposite. Their customer service is fantastic. They are doing the right thing. They are sending the replacement out first then asking the customer to take the old one back to a retail store. Not so with Samsung.com in the U.S.

OchoCILINDROS

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering if anyone here on this post is just looking to return for a refund rather than a replacement? I know some people on Reddit have suggested to dispute the charge with the credit card company and that might possibly get things going.

Status
Not open for further replies.