How long will it be until the Note 7 is available for sale again?

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I left Apple when I got my S5 because they tried to sell me a refurbished phone when all my iphone needed was to clean out the charging port. I have the note 7 and love it. I have not been using quick charge overnight, but just the time it needs which is 1.5 hours and it has never heated up on me. I am waiting for the replacement because if you turn the phone back in to AT&T then you aren't going to be able to take the S7 or another phone until the Note 7 is available again. You will be stuck with whatever you replace it with. AT&T made it sound like you get get and S7 and when the Note 7 is back on the market then you could get it, but when I asked for it in writing it's not available. However, you sign another contract on whatever replacement phone you get. NOPE I'M waiting. I was told my Samsung the end of this week the replacements will start being available. I imagine that is when they will be shipped.
It's on their site.. not sure what else you need in writing??

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1122948&token=smWT7gsa

"Customers will also be able to exchange that interim device for a new Note7 in the future. That process will be shared as soon as it is available."

r3al17y

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
General Info
Chat start time Sep 5, 2016 6:19:50 PM EST
Chat end time Sep 5, 2016 6:40:30 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:20:40
Operator Dinesh N
Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: All Samsung Agents are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. A Samsung Agent will be with you shortly.
info: All Samsung Agents are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. A Samsung Agent will be with you shortly.
info: You are now chatting with 'Dinesh N'. The reference number for this chat is 4325720267. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
Dinesh N: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
James Hardy: I wanna know when the note 7 will be available again im highly upset i had a pre order set to ship on 9/7 now im hearing i wont be getting my phone
Dinesh N: Hi, James.
Dinesh N: I see that you are referring to the note 7 exchange.
James Hardy: i dont even have the note 7 yet i upgraded thru verizon and was told the coral blue was on back order and that it would be shipped out on 9/7/16
James Hardy: then 2 days later i see there is this not so voluntary recall
Dinesh N: Yes, as there are reports of issues with the Note7 battery, the phone are being exchanged.
James Hardy: and i contact verizon and am told i wouldnt be able to get my phone
James Hardy: but there is no phone comparable to the note 7 no other phone has the spen or iris scanner
Dinesh N: We have launched a U.S.Voluntary Product Exchange Program for Note7 owners in which we are offering Note7 owners the opportunity to exchange your Note7 for a Galaxy S7, a Galaxy S7edge or a new Note7.
James Hardy: ok well i had the preorder i want the note 7
Dinesh N: You can contact the place of purchase or carrier with order number for the phone.
James Hardy: i have they told me i have to choose a diff phone
Dinesh N: No, as the note 7 phone are being replaced, they are not available presently, you can reach out to them next week, they will be available to carriers from next week.
James Hardy: i heard 2 months
Dinesh N: No, I'm sorry for miscommunication.
Dinesh N: The new note 7 will be available from next week.
James Hardy: are you 100 percent positive on this
Dinesh N: Yes, I'm positive, that we in Samsung have authorized to exchange.
Dinesh N: Your satisfaction is our topmost priority. Please let me know if I can provide any other additional support.
James Hardy: im calling verizon right now
James Hardy: i wanna verify with them
Dinesh N: Okay, James. we will update with all the carrier as soon as possible as there is a exchange going on now.
James Hardy: ok ty bye

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Any estimations on how long till the N7 is released again?

Do you think it will be realeased different dates throughout different regions?

Most of the phones out in the wild I would guess are the preorders. The carriers should just send us a new one and tell us to send the old one back. Clogging up the stores is just gonna make for grumpy sales people. Id say 1st to 2nd week of October for sure. Recalls take a lot of time.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
According to our Verizon rep (for our company) they will have them in their hands Friday of this week. I was told that I would have my replacement by Wednesday of next week possibly as late as Friday of next week.

As it pertains to general sales? Not sure. But I did read the press release where Samsung did say they intend on taking care of all their current customers first. Smart move.

Brett Whitling

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting anxious because last Wednesday I paid off my iPhone 6 so I could upgrade to the Note 7. On Thursday I went to get the phone and it was out of stock. On Friday, they did the recall.

If I wait too long to sell my iPhone, it's going to be worth bumkins because the market will be flooded with iPhone 6 and 6s sales. I really hope Verizon doesn't pull crap and wait till the 30th. Fingers crossed it's tomorrow!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Watch the video. I think right now it is more important to exchange the old note 7 phones out for new ones. Samsung has already said that the recall will be done first before selling to new customers. They have to get these phones off the street fast. I know it sucks to wait longer but put yourself in that guys place, his Jeep burned up, could have been the house, would you want Samsung selling to new customers first and let you hold onto a dangerous device?. Kudos to Samsung for taking a financial hit for safety, for not forcing everyone to send their notes in to be fixed. And I will tell you, it's worth the wait to get the note 7, you will be happy with it.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/us-world-news/203370813-story

I am considering putting my note 5 back online and just use that will I can replace it with the new note 7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Watch the video. I think right now it is more important to exchange the old note 7 phones out for new ones. Samsung has already said that the recall will be done first before selling to new customers. They have to get these phones off the street fast. I know it sucks to wait longer but put yourself in that guys place, his Jeep burned up, could have been the house, would you want Samsung selling to new customers first and let you hold onto a dangerous device?. Kudos to Samsung for taking a financial hit for safety, for not forcing everyone to send their notes in to be fixed. And I will tell you, it's worth the wait to get the note 7, you will be happy with it.

St. Pete family says Jeep totaled by exploding Note 7 - Story | KSAZ

I am considering putting my note 5 back online and just use that will I can replace it with the new note 7.

I'm using my S7 right now to play it safe. The small screen sucks!! I might pre order the Iphone 7 plus tonight and go return the Note tomorrow for a refund. I really want to stick with the Note though but I just worry these new ones might have an issue too being rushed out so fast and then stuck with a POS for another year unless I want to drain the bank.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

St. Pete family says Jeep totaled by exploding Note 7 - Story | KSAZ

Suspecded house fire due to the N7 has already happened.
Recalled Samsung Note 7 possible cause of Horry County house fir - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Most of the phones out in the wild I would guess are the preorders. The carriers should just send us a new one and tell us to send the old one back. Clogging up the stores is just gonna make for grumpy sales people. Id say 1st to 2nd week of October for sure. Recalls take a lot of time.

I don't think carriers are going to not sell phones. I wonder if carriers will think people aren't going to exchange and will sell phones?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Samsung should not sell the phone to anyone until everyone who needs a replacement note 7 has their replacement devices in hand...

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Samsung should not sell the phone to anyone until everyone who needs a replacement note 7 has their replacement devices in hand...
To me, this is the exact reason should have handled all the exchanges directly. They could have sent out all the exchange devices then we send ours in. They knew they needed x amount of replacements so once they had enough stock to cover that number they could start shipping to retailers.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I called several ATT stores in my area including the one I frequent and got different answers each time.

From late next week to even mid Oct so I figure I'll wait it out a bit longer and take a peek at the V20 if it's ever released ???

I may move on and just wait for the S8 next year also ??

Im good with my Edge+ for now.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
To me, this is the exact reason should have handled all the exchanges directly. They could have sent out all the exchange devices then we send ours in. They knew they needed x amount of replacements so once they had enough stock to cover that number they could start shipping to retailers.
I'm not sure this would have been faster. If there are 1 million phones in customer hands, that's 1 million individual packages to be packaged, labeled and shipped. If that was Amazon, no problem but it's probably faster and easier to bulk ship to carriers and compensate the carriers for their time.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

It's not Samsung, it's the carriers. Or could be both. Let's say someone gets a text or email to exchange their phone. Something happens, life gets in the way, etc., (the reason I don't have a Note 7 right now). Do you think tmobile or Sprint will hold onto 10 phones waiting for these customers? Maybe a week or two, but not forever. The carrier and Samsung will want money (or a phone) not something gathering dust.

I understand the liability and customers in danger, but they've been warned.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

I'm sorry this is just BS. Is this person dead from the neck up??? Who in their right mind plugs a possible faulty phone in an outlet and leaves their home with it not being attended to. Sounds like he thinks he got lucky and get a new house out of it. Sorry guy, you are at fault not Samsung.

robbz94

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
replacement note 7 date?

Does anyone know when the new note 7 will be back on sale? I heard the 19th then that was apparently wrong. Any info at all?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm using my S7 right now to play it safe. The small screen sucks!! I might pre order the Iphone 7 plus tonight and go return the Note tomorrow for a refund. I really want to stick with the Note though but I just worry these new ones might have an issue too being rushed out so fast and then stuck with a POS for another year unless I want to drain the bank.
I was pondering the same. I was even thinking about the iPhone 6s plus. Don't know if I can go that route lol. Also wonder if I decide to return the loaner note 5, if the iPhone 6s plus would be no choice up front no.tax like the note 5 was?

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Any estimations on how long till the N7 is released again?

Do you think it will be realeased different dates throughout different regions?

I think we're likely looking at more than 30 and maybe as long as 90 days before we get our replacements. What with the feds involved, who will have to agree to the safety of any new Note 7 handsets, there's no assurances of a speedy turn around. What we can be assured of is that the feds will be tough. They won't want to be responsible by OKing new handsets that turn out with similar defects. They won't care for any time frames. Our big question is really whether we are willing to continue to carry around a safety hazard for a potentially long period of time.

Our alternatives are either cash in our handsets and buy another brand (iPhones anyone?), or trade in our handsets for temporary replacements for another 30-90 days while the feds sort it out and we get our approved devices. The only pay-back that I can see, is that some of us will be able to keep our free early purchase goodies, and receive a $25 discount if we stick with a Samsung phone after the dust settles. Personally, I think Sammy should compensate us a whole lot more if we decide to stick with them, having put us through this serious inconvenience, not to mention the risks to our safety.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was pondering the same. I was even thinking about the iPhone 6s plus. Don't know if I can go that route lol. Also wonder if I decide to return the loaner note 5, if the iPhone 6s plus would be no choice up front no.tax like the note 5 was?

I think once you return the loaner device and go with another, that will be yours.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Extrapolation of current knowns:

1. CPSC involved now
2. Samsung stated they are still reviewing, but THINK they know what the problem is
3. Retailers still in dark
4. CPSC has yet to initiate official recall

Two months IMO- if a recall becomes official.

One glimmer of hope might be that CPSC reviews the data, the US fire issues turn out to be bogus and the audit concludes the issue is contained within a subset of the first 2.5 million. This of course would have other ramifications: Everybody overreacted and Samsung is out two billion and counting. Not saying this is the case, but is about the only hope for a resolution in a few weeks.

Man I bet LG is wishing they were better with product launches. V20 could have been a contender during the Note 7 lull. Presuming the Note 7 survives...