Anyone else waiting for Apple to reveal the iPhone 8 before buying the Note 8?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The X reminds me mostly of the x in Web browsers, click to close because something isn't really all that interesting.
For a 10th anniversary edition thing it is beyond me why they didn't really make any real effort, they should have blown away competition on all fronts and instead it is again a catch-up....grade. ...they really owed that to the loyal followers they have after robbing them blind for 10 years

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
How can Apple, supposedly such design perfectionists, be okay with that big chunk missing from the top of the screen? What a joke.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I can see how people can get annoyed by that notch when watching full screen videos.

View attachment 268204

This is too funny. No wonder Samsung, LG put little black bars on the edges to avoid this visual hiccup.

I think Apple is making a mistake by pricing this at $999, they should sell it fro $2,999 and really reap the benefits.

Think of it this way, the hard core iSheep will get this phone even if it was 4 grand. The Apple cultists are about the newest and the latest, so, they'll have no choice but to get the X at any price. $999 is too little for such a Ponze Scheme.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
..not anytime soon.

don't be so sure. things in the tech world move fast. One minute HTC was hot, now they're at the bottom. iPhone 8 is a huge let down. After Samsung's S8 and + that have been out for a few months and now the LG V30 (which looks great) and Note 8 (the current king), the iPhone 8 looks like it belongs in 2013. So that pushes the people who like to show off their Apple products to buy the X only. This will have an impact on iPhone's volume globally. Just a speculation but we'll see by end of the year.

PS: No Apple hardcore show off will be caught dead with the iPhone 8. They must have the X or their lives are over. That's why $999 is too cheap. :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
don't be so sure. things in the tech world move fast. One minute HTC was hot, now they're at the bottom. iPhone 8 is a huge let down. After Samsung's S8 and + that have been out for a few months and now the LG V30 (which looks great) and Note 8 (the current king), the iPhone 8 looks like it belongs in 2013. So that pushes the people who like to show off their Apple products to buy the X only. This will have an impact on iPhone's volume globally. Just a speculation but we'll see by end of the year.

PS: No Apple hardcore show off will be caught dead with the iPhone 8. They must have the X or their lives are over.

HTC was never as hot as some people remember them to be. lol

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an Apple hater. I've been invested in them for most of my mobile life and think their products are on the whole excellent. The walled garden does allow for seamless integration between Apple devices and it is a strength to which Android can't compete. I first moved ship with the Note 3 and then again with the Note 7, both fabulous phones. Watching the Keynote yesterday though made me realise that Apple really are lagging behind Samsung. The iPhone X is nothing special if you deconstruct it - just a big screen next gen iPhone. And that sensor bar is just the worst! When Eddy Cue announced wireless charging as if Apple had just offered time travel I literally laughed out loud. I'm waiting patiently for Friday delivery of my Note 8, a superior phone in every regard to the iPhone X in my humble opinion.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They were the top player at one point.

Re iPhone, I can hear the screams of little girls all over the world nagging their parents already for the X. :)

When?

They were either behind Nokia,or BlackBerry, or Apple, or Samsung.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Samsung does very well globally. They beat Apple. Once the Asians wake up to the fact that Apple is just a scam, as they are gradually getting the picture, iPhone sales will decrease even more.
View attachment 268205

That includes all those low and mid tier phones right. Flagship phones wise I think Apple still thrash the rest by a huge margin. (except maybe some China phones where China population itself can propel it to top selling phone status

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I am disappointed in the iPhone X... that notch at the top is annoying..i am afraid of the battery life. I also need the 256gb of memory and if the 64g is 999 i am afraid of what the 256 will be. They changed nothing on the iPhone 8 to make me want it.
I am a fan of android and apple and i usually carry both. Right now i have a Note 8 and an iphone 7 plus. I dont think ill be upgrading to the new iphone this year.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I am disappointed in the iPhone X... that notch at the top is annoying..i am afraid of the battery life. I also need the 256gb of memory and if the 64g is 999 i am afraid of what the 256 will be. They changed nothing on the iPhone 8 to make me want it.
I am a fan of android and apple and i usually carry both. Right now i have a Note 8 and an iphone 7 plus. I dont think ill be upgrading to the new iphone this year.

$1149 for 256gb

eyedoc2020

May 1, 2017
Visit site
On the x the idea of swiping up to replace the home button will for sure cause thumb problems arthritis later?

I have to truly laugh at this argument. All the scrolling we already do on a phone and this one swipe will cause arthritis. You have to come up with a better argument that this...

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

What about the iPhone 8 plus? I don't know if it's much different then the 7 plus.

BTW, did they skip the naming of the S (iPhone 7s series) to keep up with Samsung's numbering and not look outdated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa