How is your pre-installed screen protector holding up?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't wanna take mine off but there's constantly dust/dirt getting in the camera cut out and it drives me nuts until I force it out with my fingernail (instead of a simple wipe with a t-shirt/cloth)

I don't wanna take it off because I don't want the screen to get scratched like my S8 did.

Wondering if they sell a screen protector without a hole punch cut out... and if it would affect the cameras quality

Yes.... it could affect picture quality.
I didn't have a problem with dust, however I removed it to install the Whitestone Dome protector. The original was starting to show minor scratches.

mgarner420

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
I would almost always put a Zagg screen protector on until my last 2 phones I think. The screen held up almost scratch free, although I do try and be careful with it. I decided to leave the screen protector on this phone but I'm already ready to remove it as it's all nicked up in a few spots, something I never had with my Zagg protectors. Makes me think the Samsung installed one is not exactly great quality to be this scratched up this fast despite treating the phone no different than my previous ones.

How is everyone else's doing?
Mine lasted about two weeks and started showing scratches. FPS was iffy too. I put on my Skinomi protector that I preordered, before I knew the phone came with one. I like it better. FPS is more reliable too.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What are you guys are doing to your phones? I've had mine since Mar 6th and my screen protector looks perfect.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would almost always put a Zagg screen protector on until my last 2 phones I think. The screen held up almost scratch free, although I do try and be careful with it. I decided to leave the screen protector on this phone but I'm already ready to remove it as it's all nicked up in a few spots, something I never had with my Zagg protectors. Makes me think the Samsung installed one is not exactly great quality to be this scratched up this fast despite treating the phone no different than my previous ones.

How is everyone else's doing?

Three weeks and doing just fine.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Some people use it more often and vigorously

Uh, no, not more often. If you mean vigorously as in carelessly, yes. I put my phone in my side pocket or back pocket when needed. I use mine pretty much all day at work using my map and Road Warrior app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Uh, no, not more often. If you mean vigorously as in carelessly, yes. I put my phone in my side pocket or back pocket when needed. I use mine pretty much all day at work using my map and Road Warrior app.

My work environment , puts fair amount of scratches on my screen protectors , does that mean I'm careless?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I wasn't referring to you specifically.....I'm just as careful as can be and the plastic had a small scratch. Nothing actually worth removing the screen protector for but I had to to install a Whitestone Dome for a review. The plastic ones don't last that long. In the end I prefer glass anyway it's just that much smoother so the pre-installed one wasn't bad considering it was plastic.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't referring to you specifically.....I'm just as careful as can be and the plastic had a small scratch. Nothing actually worth removing the screen protector for but I had to to install a Whitestone Dome for a review. The plastic ones don't last that long. In the end I prefer glass anyway it's just that much smoother so the pre-installed one wasn't bad considering it was plastic.

I'm impressed with how smooth the factory protector is. I don't trust is to a hard impact, but for light scratching, mine is doing great.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm impressed with how smooth the factory protector is. I don't trust is to a hard impact, but for light scratching, mine is doing great.

It is pretty smooth, especially because it's not that soft rubbery wet applied type plastic. It's very reminiscent of the plastic protectors that were around before tempered glass, but in taking it off I noticed said it was thinner then I would have liked compared to the old style.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I still haven't noticed any scratches on my stock protector but I've also not held it up under a light looking for any scratches either. I hope they stay unnoticeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress