Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Seems everybody wants everything immediately.
We got to be patient for everybody to get the news out and what is gonna happen.
I'm Sure Samsung is on top of this and working hard to take care of us.

I'd hate to work in a retail store and the phones ringing off the hooks and everybody wanting their questions answered.
And a lot of the stores has people working different shifts.
Don't think it has had time for everybody to find out about it yet.
Today is like day 3 since I heard about it officially.
I think I just seen on TV friday that Samsung is doing the Recall.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The reason I preordered from Best Buy was getting the 256 GB SD Card with the phone, no getting it in the mail. Using the SD Card in the Note 7 is pain with the sim card in same slot. Hard as anything to get back in without the sim card moving. I transfer files now thru USB, never take it out.
Yea I have issue with the sd card placement/management. I stuck it in and never took it out either but found transfer through usb tend to be slower if you doing task too fast on the computer.

I also got the microsd card too from them since I normally go to best buy for most electronic stuff but I didnt know that it was a mail offer for other location.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes. But he was just speaking in general of the Restocking Fee... although this recall is an exception.

But Best Buy has now implemented this policy.
I got that from all the back and forth, I just put the link out again in case anyone was charged and needed it. I won't ever use Best Buy again for anything and it is from the entire experience with this phone. I ordered it on the first day it was available, the day before the release I got a call, they set up an appointment to pick up the phone, said they would activate it and since the family account was in my wife's name for the discount, she had to be there.

So I go to the store, after waiting 2 hours for my wife to get home, only to be told just go to the store pick up counter and get it. Didn't need my wife and they didn't activate it. Some lame excuse it was a web order, which he knew when he called and set up the appointment. Waste of my time.

And now this mess with the recall, geesh. I received a text from Sprint stating they'll swap it when the new ones come in. I'll go there when that happens.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea I have issue with the sd card placement/management. I stuck it in and never took it out either but found transfer through usb tend to be slower if you doing task too fast on the computer.

I also got the microsd card too from them since I normally go to best buy for most electronic stuff but I didnt know that it was a mail offer for other location.

I transfer thru USB Flash drive not thru the computer. Not the fastest in the world but I am retired and I live at a more relaxed mode :)

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I got that from all the back and forth, I just put the link out again in case anyone was charged and needed it. I won't ever use Best Buy again for anything and it is from the entire experience with this phone. I ordered it on the first day it was available, the day before the release I got a call, they set up an appointment to pick up the phone, said they would activate it and since the family account was in my wife's name for the discount, she had to be there.

So I go to the store, after waiting 2 hours for my wife to get home, only to be told just go to the store pick up counter and get it. Didn't need my wife and they didn't activate it. Some lame excuse it was a web order, which he knew when he called and set up the appointment. Waste of my time.

And now this mess with the recall, geesh. I received a text from Sprint stating they'll swap it when the new ones come in. I'll go there when that happens.
Make sure you get verification from the Sprint store you can do this. I have gotten like 3 different stories from BB and Sprint regarding whether you can exchange a BB purchased Sprint N7 at Sprint. Since I plan on doing a one-for-one exchange, I am not sure that I will have a definitive answer until either Sprint or BB get some replacement N7 stock.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just had a weird experience at Best Buy.

Went in with everything in tow, all accessories, boxes, receipt, and bag.

Talked to a mobile rep, advised I was there for the recall return. Informed him I had purchased outright. When he asked if I was going to get another Note, I said yes. He asked if I still had my previous device, I said yes. He said he only needed my email, and Samsung will email me to let me know I'm on the waiting list, and I should receive a new device in the mail in 7-10 business days.

I informed him, I already registered my email for notifications. And he said there was nothing else needed. He didn't take anything back. Said if I have a screen protector, to remove it before I send back my current device, and bring it in with my new note, and they will replace it. When I asked if I had to worry about the 14 day period, he said, "No, it's being waived." and he sent me on my way.

Thing is, I haven't received anything from the first time I registered.

That was my experience and I'm not sure if I should be worried about not getting a replacement now.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Talked to a mobile rep, advised I was there for the recall return. Informed him I had purchased outright. When he asked if I was going to get another Note, I said yes. He asked if I still had my previous device, I said yes. He said he only needed my email, and Samsung will email me to let me know I'm on the waiting list, and I should receive a new device in the mail in 7-10 business days.

I informed him, I already registered my email for notifications. And he said there was nothing else needed. He didn't take anything back. Said if I have a screen protector, to remove it before I send back my current device, and bring it in with my new note, and they will replace it. When I asked if I had to worry about the 14 day period, he said, "No, it's being waived." and he sent me on my way.

That was my experience and I'm not sure if I should be worried about not getting a replacement now.
If that's Samsung policy it's definitely new. I bought at target but spent 40 minutes on the phone with Samsung on Friday and they said all exchanging is handled with you point of purchase. I personally hope they changed their stance but I am skeptical.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I would call Samsung and verify that but it sure doesnt sound right at all.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
To my understanding, once Best Buy gets the new Note 7's in stock (hopefully this week), You can bring your current Note 7 in and exchange it for a new one.

I work for Best Buy mobile...and that's what I'm still trying to get clarification on.

Since i was off the day the recall was announced, I reached out to Best Buy via twitter and asked about this.

e70450233607da5818935f13db080ee2.jpg

Chevanlol360

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
To my understanding, once Best Buy gets the new Note 7's in stock (hopefully this week), You can bring your current Note 7 in and exchange it for a new one.

I work for Best Buy mobile...and that's what I'm still trying to get clarification on.

Since i was off the day the recall was announced, I reached out to Best Buy via twitter and asked about this.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160905/e70450233607da5818935f13db080ee2.jpg
So i think a valid quedtion would be. Lets say you purchased it online from bestbuy and got the phone via mail. If you go to your local bestbuy store and they are out of the new note 7s can you go to the best buy mobile store to get the new note 7s if they have them in stock? Lol the two stores are like 1000ft apart.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I'd call Samsung directly to verify. As of Saturday they weren't sure of their exchange process and were recommending to return or work with retailers/carriers as they will be the quickest turnaround option. They stated if I couldn't return (I have) then to wait until Tuesday/Wednesday to call back and then they should have the process detailed for direct exchanges.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Here is my experience so far: I called the number from the Samsung NA notice webpage, The rep collected some basic info (Name, Phone Number, Carrier) she then told me that I had to go to the retailer I bought the phone from for the exchange, I called BB and they had a message that referred me to their webpage using "Note 7" as the search and got this page Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy, There was info on the available options and a field that you can submit your email to be notified when the replacements are available (I submitted my email for notification of replacement Note 7 availability).

Cheers,
BR

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I did the same...did you get a email confirmation after you put your email in the BB system?

No I did not, should I have?

Cheers,
BR

I was originally told that I should get an email as well, but I stopped back in the best buy after dinner, and I asked again, because I didn't get any emails. The guy I spoke with on the second trip, said as far as he understands it, and especially because I bought it outright, that in the end I am still dealing directly with Samsung, because it's just a purchase for a phone at this point. I didn't get any email, because there's nothing to confirm, according to the site where you enter your email. I did it again on their computer, and it said I was registered to receive notifications, no mention of any confirmations. Also, because I am still in my 14 day return period, that if I want to, I have until friday (my purchase deadline) to completely return everything as a full refund. But once things are ready to ship on samsung's end, I should receive an email on when I should expect to receive a new device. My question now is, how does samsung know where to send the device, if I didn't give them any info, other than my email address?

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

The person who has to pick up the phone is the name on the order unless you input that someone else would pick up the order.

I like Best Buy, I get some great deals there.

dec3ption

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone gotten any information about how long Best Buy will be doing in-store exchanges? I'm leaving the country for a couple weeks and am really hoping that when I get back I can just walk into a store and swap instead of being told "oh you missed the window, now you have to deal with Samsung which means sending your phone and waiting 2-3 weeks to get one back"

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I bought Note 7 @ Best Buy (BBY) & took delivery launch day, 8-19-2016. Have Verizon.
On 9-2-2016, after I had read about the recall, I called my BBY store & spoke with the Mobile Supervisor. She said if I wanted refund or to exchange for different phone they could help me now. If I wanted a new Note 7, I must deal with Samsung directly. She said BBY has "disassociated themselves" from the Note 7. At least until this is fixed.
I called Samsung after that& they said they would have information available by Monday, 9-5-16 & he thinks I would be able to get a new Note 7 sent to me by mail & then I could transfer my data & then send back the old Note 7 but, "don't; hold me to that." On Monday, 9-5-16, I called Samsung & was told to deal with BBY. I explained what BBY had said & they just repeated that I must deal with the retailer where I purchased the phone.

After seeing the BBY recall link on this forum tonight, I signed up.
Tuesday, I will call both BBY & Verizon. I doubt Verizon will be involved since I purchased @ BBY.

Eventually, I will exchange for a new Note 7. I hope it is truly new & not a refurbished one! What do you think Samsung will be doing with all the returned Note 7s? I think opening them up, putting in new batteries. Ship them out. Don't want someone else's (lightly) scratched Note 7.

Re the $25 carrier gift card, I doubt I will be able to use it since I am on a Verizon prepaid plan & they charge my credit card beginning of every cycle.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just to fill everyone in on the Saga that is Dealing with Best Buy...

I just got off the phone with Samsung per the support number in the email I received last night regarding the Note7 recall.

They informed me, that Samsung is not sending direct mailed replacements phones, and that the exchange needs to happen at the retailer that it was purchased, in the case Best Buy. As for a rough time line on when they should start to receive the new devices, she said it's possible it could be this Friday but maybe Monday because of this past holiday. But that's not a guarantee. So at this point, she said if I am not experiencing any other issues other than possible battery drain, that I should hold on to the device until the new shipments arrive and take it back to the store for the even exchange.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards