Joban's Kernel 2.08 (Overclock, CM7 2.3.7 etc..) **Gyro Fixed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

electech

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Joban's Kernel 2.08 (Overclock, CM7 2.3.7 etc..) **Gyro Fixed

Joban, thank you for all the work you did and for sharing with all of us but one last request.

I would like to see the source code for your kernels(both .32 and .35).

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Joban, thank you for all the work you did and for sharing with all of us but one last request.

I would like to see the source code for your kernels(both .32 and .35).

I dont think he has the source for the .32 kernel anymore ... I remember something about him moving and loosing some of his files.

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I know I'm relatively new to this forum, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work joban. Good luck with all future endeavors.

BaSsHaXoR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It worked with the Experia one all colored up thanks
Do you think I should stay with that one or should I try again the CM7?
One more I know this isn't the place for that but where's the android market, please tell me that it works with custom roms
Thanks again

I stayed with that one... The .32 kernal CM7 is impossible to find- I tried to find it anyway, but if you can find it and get it to work, send me a link to it please. I like the Experia one, but i did notice their was problems with calling in-the phone doesnt ring in. Also the android market for some reason has a bug,
==============BUT what i do is go on to the BROWSER and go to 4shared.com and type in BLACK MARKET APK and download it. After its been downloaded, go to your settings and allow unknown sources and install the apk. This will let you have access to another Market, unlike the Android Market, you don't have to pay for anything. Also you can't add an account to the phone for some reason, but there is always ways to bypass these problems. But if you do find a .32 kernal CM7 Link that is compatible with Joban's Kernal, i would much appreciate you share it with me, as well as other LG Thrive modders.haha. I've had this mod for 3 days or so, and im happy enough with it, it could be better but im not going to complain because i thought i bricked my phone before this. The Experia is a nice mod that lets me use my android to not quite, but almost its fullest potential (If it wasn't for the little* bugs).

Anyway, if i were you, i would stick with this one until you find the right CM7 kernal, but if you keep this saved as a zip in ure sd, you can always reflash this and Joban's kernal if the other one doesn't... The Experia works with LG THRIVE, and has the CM7 mod with it, so i don't really see the need except for fixing bugs; If you want the original do some searchin!

Reactions: fae_jr

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

The reason you cant add an account and the reason the market isnt there is that GAPPS has not been installed. Some ROM's do not include the Google apps by default and you need to add them. Also if you are looking for CosmicExperia I started a thread with the ROM and other files you need to get it up and running on your phone just look through the posts.

Reactions: BaSsHaXoR

BaSsHaXoR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok, ya i was wondering about that yesterday. I thought about it and was thinking about getting a different nightly ROM and see if it comes with it, or change anything... Also i did notice a bug that doesn't allow the lockscreen to work for some reason, im wondering if a lot of this just has to do with the Mod i got. Im not quite sure, still doing some research on this.

BaSsHaXoR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok, ya i was wondering about that yesterday. I thought about it and was thinking about getting a different nightly ROM and see if it comes with it, or change anything... Also i did notice a bug that doesn't allow the lockscreen to work for some reason, im wondering if a lot of this just has to do with the Mod i got. Im not quite sure, still doing some research on this.

I read on it and got the files, but it won't go past the spinning android... It just repeats the boot up screen from 8...7...6... etc. I need a hand if someone could help out please. it would be much appreciated.
I did the files in order to-
Format phone, clear cache, then installed CosmIcEXperia, then Joban's Kernal, and then the TransformationPack_v1.1, then rebooted it... Help please.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

you are using the old baseband right ? If so try clearing everything again and install each file and rebooting in between.

BaSsHaXoR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

you are using the old baseband right ? If so try clearing everything again and install each file and rebooting in between.

i think im using the old baseband. I cleared everything and done it 3 time now, it goes to the "Touch the android to continue button", but it keeps doing the reboot screen on me when i press on it. :(

If i just do CosmIcEXperia and Joban's Kernal, it works fine... But when i do the GAPPS, and Transformation pack it reboots constently.

IDK if i have the old baseband, so that could be it... But the one i have is: V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009 so IDK.

The kernal is 2.6.32.9, which .32 is the only version for LG Thrive that works.

I used 4shared and got the CosmicExperia 3.5 (which is the only file), so im positive i got the right Rom.

BaSsHaXoR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok i did it again, and the transformation pack worked, but now GAPPS or the Status bar isnt working atm. It gets stuck at the boot screen- it freezes and vibrates.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

One of the files should fix the status bar and GApps will need to be installed after you get everything else going ... I know the ROM works because I'm using it on my phone right now and others have gotten it installed but I will say I have had an issue or two when I tried a different ROM and tried to go back. For the sake of the thread could you move discussion of this ROM over to the thread about it.

BaSsHaXoR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

One of the files should fix the status bar and GApps will need to be installed after you get everything else going ... I know the ROM works because I'm using it on my phone right now and others have gotten it installed but I will say I have had an issue or two when I tried a different ROM and tried to go back. For the sake of the thread could you move discussion of this ROM over to the thread about it.

ya sorry man, my bad. thanks tho.:-[

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Not a problem just trying to keep things in some kind of order here plus since it was orginally my post it helps me keep things updated and correct.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Closed, reason. GPL violation. No source code provided by Joban.

You can review these rules and more from the link below.

Forum Rules

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter