Reasons why not to support Rom Manager anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think its the fact that it no longer works, more his arrogant attitude toward fascinate users. I personally put food on his table, who is he to say ah well, screw you guys. Where would he be if he did that to everyone? Be stuck with a great app and no clients. Just annoys me. That's all for my .02.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It WAS supported. I don't care, it was 5 dollars. I don't like people who get their feathers ruffled at peoples opinions. So I'm done speaking about it.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So the Samsung devices fail with it? Bummer.....Koush should wart that device off and post a claim. Maybe when he returns from vacation he will, in the mean time, post away folks...

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Drop what? Everyone is raggin' on a damn good dev that has helped 1/2 million people. How long has this thread been capping his ***?

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Haha yeah but it doesn't help us. We paid money thinking it would. Praise the lord that he helped them. By all means take their money? If I bought an app and want to rag on it because it doesn't do anything who are you to do anything but sit back and listen or take your eyes to another thread? So why don't you do that.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So the Samsung devices fail with it? Bummer.....Koush should wart that device off and post a claim. Maybe when he returns from vacation he will, in the mean time, post away folks...

just the fascinate as far as i know.... the issue has been brought up for months and nothing was done, , we have been getting by with modifications to clockwork done by our devs ,, and yea at some point there should have been a warning not to pay $5 for the full version especially when by flashing it , it broke your ability to get into clockwork

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
just the fascinate as far as i know.... the issue has been brought up for months and nothing was done, , we have been getting by with modifications to clockwork done by our devs ,, and yea at some point there should have been a warning not to pay $5 for the full version especially when by flashing it , it broke your ability to get into clockwork

Thank you. All I was trying to say but the White Knight over here thinks that we should be happy he was kind enough to take our money and cut off any support. MOST devs have a disclaimer that their app doesn't work with certain devices. Kinda like *NOT FOR USE WITH SAMSUNG FASCINATE*

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Getting by with mods to the code? So it does work with some external dev help?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. All I was trying to say but the White Knight over here thinks that we should be happy he was kind enough to take our money and cut off any support. MOST devs have a disclaimer that their app doesn't work with certain devices. Kinda like *NOT FOR USE WITH SAMSUNG FASCINATE*

Don't infract yourself by calling people names here. Lets be civil and discuss this..I am not your white/black night.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Getting by with mods to the code? So it does work with some external dev help?

no only clockwork works, the second you use rom manager it breaks its, so then we need to reinstall the kernel....so basically the part that we paid for actually breaks our ability to use clockworkmod recovery

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah guys keep it clean sarcasm doesnt help a heated conversation

To add what i just said a good metaphor is , someone gives you a free car, runs great,,but then sells you a motor, you put in the motor and the car doesnt run anymore, and he wont give you a refund for the motor.... then did he do you a favor by giving you a free car????

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
no only clockwork works, the second you use rom manager it breaks its, so then we need to reinstall the kernel....so basically the part that we paid for actually breaks our ability to use clockworkmod recovery

Nice to have intellectuals on the other side. I can't use RM either, just bootstrap....I paid for RM on the OG droid, and it was a machine for me. I am not defending RM by any means, and I thank you for good intellectual clarification on that, wish there was more of that on the web. He gets what he gets...I know there are 100's of devices, and the market is fragmented severely in this respect.....one of the major problems with Android....not everything will work on everything....on a Apple it will:) To the newbies reading, research a little, not everything that was written in the market will work on your device....some devs are better than others about warnings ,but ultimately it is open source and everyone gets to write code...I side with you all, if he has known for months, and has continued to defraud people, then strip his cred.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Nice to have intellectuals on the other side. I can't use RM either, just bootstrap....I paid for RM on the OG droid, and it was a machine for me. I am not defending RM by any means, and I thank you for good intellectual clarification on that, wish there was more of that on the web. He gets what he gets...I know there are 100's of devices, and the market is fragmented severely in this respect.....one of the major problems with Android....not everything will work on everything....on a Apple it will:) To the newbies reading, research a little, not everything that was written in the market will work on your device....some devs are better than others about warnings ,but ultimately it is open source and everyone gets to write code...I side with you all, if he has known for months, and has continued to defraud people, then strip his cred.

i agree with all that , the problem is that we cant sit back after paying money and say nothing....if i walk into anywhere and i pay 5 bucks for something i expect to get what i pay for. if i walk into mcdonalds pay 5 dollars for a meal and i get a burger without the meat...i dont drive away and say oh man i am unlucky,,,nope i turn around and i expect to get a full burger.... so yeah i appreciate the work he does but in this instance we would at the very least expect acknowledgement ,,,even if he were to put a warning at this point so future fascinate owners dont spend money on this product i would be satisfied,,...im just saying lol

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That is all I would like to see. Didn't mean to get outta hand. I get that its open source d/l at your own risk, but to know something doesn't work and continue to take money is immoral. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. If you know there is an issue, address it or else make it known so people don't spend their money until it is advantageous for them to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware