[ROM]ACS ICS v5 (noCiQ)[EI22]

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I love this rom so far. To days so far and no real issues. Wish they would have kept the stock calendar app. But am working on getting it back. Other than that I love it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
FYI, I did read over at the main thread that Marcusant is working on getting a fix out for the calendar so keep your eye out for that...

gondo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding off on version 5 until the stock calendar is restored and a few other minor things are fixed.

Version 4 has worked flawlessly for me so far :)

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm holding off on version 5 until the stock calendar is restored and a few other minor things are fixed.

Version 4 has worked flawlessly for me so far :)

If you utilize Titanium backup this should not be an issue. I just restored mine with no issues.

Jim
Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paul627g

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm running v4 and everything seems to be great except for the internet. No matter how I do it, it crashes almost every time I use the stock browser. I have just started using the Dolphin Browser instead. All of the other hiccups have worked themselves out with reboots.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Paul helped me out with the calendar. We worked several hours trying to figure this out. What finally worked was opening the roms zip file, inserting the calendar apk into the system/app folder and back out of the zip folder. Reflashed the rom and bingo ACS ICS v5 with stock google calendar. All props of course go to the ACS developers and Paul for suggesting it, providing me the proper apk file and telling me where to stick it. :)

Below is the link to ACS ICS v5 with touchwiz calendar. Just flash this in cwm and you should have the goodness of acs ics v5 and calendar.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q7ab5c7ghxbkzxz

Last edited:

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Keith can you maybe make a backup of the apk file using es file explorer and upload that cause I really don't want to set up my whole rom again with all my apps and screens

Edit: If not I will try out titanium backup and just back up all data and apps since I'm not changing roms should be fine what do you think paul

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
That was the first thing we tried and sticking the apk file into the app folder didn't work. Every time we did it the calendar would force close whenever it was opened. EVen after fixing the permissions it wouldn't work. The only way we could get it to work was adding it to the rom. We tried installing it with a flashable zip in cwm and dropping the apk file into the system app folder with es file explorer. I could give you the file but I think it would be a waste of time.

Below is the apk file for the touchwiz calendar.

http://www.mediafire.com/?elaakv6gwyuaccw

Last edited:
Reactions: Ostrich69

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
That was the first thing we tried and sticking the apk file into the app folder didn't work. Every time we did it the calendar would force close whenever it was opened. EVen after fixing the permissions it wouldn't work. The only way we could get it to work was adding it to the rom. We tried installing it with a flashable zip in cwm and dropping the apk file into the system app folder with es file explorer. I could give you the file but I think it would be a waste of time.

When I get home I will put a copy up and enter the url in this post so you can try. Paul and I tried for the better part of an hour. Good luck.

Ok cool thanks

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Below is the apk file for the touchwiz calendar.

TouchWizCalendar.apk

Thanks! i think we're also missing the Calculator as well for v5. possible to get that as well?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! i think we're also missing the Calculator as well for v5. possible to get that as well?

I pulled the calculator out of ERA EI22 Beta 4 and put it in my phone to test it out. phone/system/app and it worked fine after a reboot. I don't know why it wouldn't work with the calendar.

You can find the calculater apk here:

Calculator.apk

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried to install calc and calendar apk and both said "application not installed." Thoughts?

How are you doing it? I already said the calendar app can't be installed via cut and paste into your phone. How did you put the calculator app on the phone?

I did it with es file explorer. Copied from my sd card and pasted to phone/system/app. then restarted the phone.

To get the calendar you will have to reflash the rom with the calendar already installed in the rom. The download link for the flashable ACS ICS v5 with calendar is here:

ACS_ICS_v5--WELL-DO-IT-LIVE.zip

This link is to ACS ICS v5 with both the calendar and the calculator:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzdlyfqb5b6qg93

Last edited:
Reactions: Ostrich69

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nice work Keith... A man on a mission !

FYI, anyone interested the stock calculator is nice but you could always grab Handy Calc from the Market which is much better and many devs use in place of the stock calculator. Just another option.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nice work Keith... A man on a mission !

FYI, anyone interested the stock calculator is nice but you could always grab Handy Calc from the Market which is much better and many devs use in place of the stock calculator. Just another option.

The calculator that I pulled from ERA EI22 Beta 4 wasn't the stock one. I don't really like it all that well but didn't have the stock calculator on hand.

Now I need a lesson from somewhere on how to build roms. :)

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
hey keith or paul do you know which apk is for the think free so i can take that off and does it matter if i take out other apk files as well that i dont want

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
hey keith or paul do you know which apk is for the think free so i can take that off and does it matter if i take out other apk files as well that i dont want
Yes you can remove apks you don't like from the ROM pre-flash too.....

Think Free = thinkdroid.apk (located in /system/app/)

You can Google the apk names in the /app/ directory and that will tell you 99% of the time what apk is which for those that aren't self explanatory from looking at their file name...