[ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2 (Updated 6/20)

njbrain

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am running with this ROM with Genocide kernel, and it is blazing fast and completely stable, but battery life is lacking. Just sitting not in use it will be down to 50% in 10 hours.

A question as well. When the screen is locked, why do text messages appear as missed calls? They have the text icon, but it says "missed call".

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am running with this ROM with Genocide kernel, and it is blazing fast and completely stable, but battery life is lacking. Just sitting not in use it will be down to 50% in 10 hours.

Is this because you have it overclocked to 1.4 GHz?

I always had the fastest performance with Genocide (compared to TW and Vision) with SRF, but I think I got the best battery life with Vision kernel. I usually have it set to 1200/200 conservative.

xalky

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm running it with genocide and undervoltig and overclocking with Voltage Control. I'm loving this phone.

Battery life is way better than stock ec05, but right now I can't quantify it because I've been on it constantly. Tweaking and loading apps. But I know that its certainly would have died hours ago on EC05 stock with all the bloat ware running in the background.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Is this because you have it overclocked to 1.4 GHz?

I always had the fastest performance with Genocide (compared to TW and Vision) with SRF, but I think I got the best battery life with Vision kernel. I usually have it set to 1200/200 conservative.

I'm running it with genocide and undervoltig and overclocking with Voltage Control. I'm loving this phone.

Battery life is way better than stock ec05, but right now I can't quantify it because I've been on it constantly. Tweaking and loading apps. But I know that its certainly would have died hours ago on EC05 stock with all the bloat ware running in the background.

do you have to use voltage control? after going to srf 1.2 with Genocide and starting VC i slide the bars to 200/1200 and click apply changes. however, as i watch the display it NEVER goes below 600 or over 1000. i'm not sure VC is doing anything. in contrast, i was using setCPU when on srf 1.1 and it would clearly show 200/1200 at times.

so, am i not using VC correctly? do i need to change anything under the advanced tab? what's going on?

please help me with the settings in VC. obviously i'd like to improve the speed and battery life while keeping stability. i had no issues when i was on srf 1.1

Last edited:

xalky

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
do you have to use voltage control? after going to srf 1.2 with Genocide and starting VC i slide the bars to 200/1200 and click apply changes. however, as i watch the display it NEVER goes below 600 or over 1000. i'm not sure VC is doing anything. in contrast, i was using setCPU when on srf 1.1 and it would clearly show 200/1200 at times.

so, am i not using VC correctly? do i need to change anything under the advanced tab? what's going on?

please help me with the settings in VC. obviously i'd like to improve the speed and battery life while keeping stability. i had no issues when i was on srf 1.1

According to the developer of Genocide, they won't even offer support if you're using a controller other than Voltage Control. SetCpu needs to be completely uninstalled as it interferes with VC.

In the advanced tab you need to click on the freguencies that you want to use.(green dot). The advanced is also where you can undervolt. Install Cpu Spy from the market, it'll tell you at which freq the cpu spends most of its time in over time.

Theres a thread in this forum that talks about where people are setting thier epics in Voltage Control. Do a search for Voltage Control in the Epic forums and it should come up. Your mileage may vary as all processors are slightly different. but at least you'll get an idea. Start out slow with the UV, -.25mv at a time and test with benchmarking software for stability.

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
According to the developer of Genocide, they won't even offer support if you're using a controller other than Voltage Control. SetCpu needs to be completely uninstalled as it interferes with VC.

In the advanced tab you need to click on the freguencies that you want to use.(green dot). The advanced is also where you can undervolt. Install Cpu Spy from the market, it'll tell you at which freq the cpu spends most of its time in over time.

Theres a thread in this forum that talks about where people are setting thier epics in Voltage Control. Do a search for Voltage Control in the Epic forums and it should come up. Your mileage may vary as all processors are slightly different. but at least you'll get an idea. Start out slow with the UV, -.25mv at a time and test with benchmarking software for stability.

thanks for the reply. i did search for some help with VC on the forums last night when i originally posted, but didn't come up with any threads that helped.

anyway, i just ended up going back to Twilight 1.1.0 with setCPU. for me genocide seemed slower with some jerkiness when scrolling, opening apps, etc... since going back to TW my epic seems much smoother and snappier.

i'm not going to worry about undervolting at the moment because i have a charger at home, in the car, and the work phones all have the same charger as well. its pretty unlikely that i'll run out of juice. besides, with SRF on the Twilight Kernel i was already getting better battery life than stock so for now i'm happy. in the future i may give genocide a shot again and mess with undervolting, but i'm good with just having a stable phone.

sylvio13

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

A question as well. When the screen is locked, why do text messages appear as missed calls? They have the text icon, but it says "missed call".
I also am having the "missed call" message when I get text messages. Also when I miss calls it says something like android central something or another.

xalky

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I also am having the "missed call" message when I get text messages. Also when I miss calls it says something like android central something or another.

That's weird. I'm not getting any of those errors. I odin'd back to ec05 before loading the rom. How bout you guys?

hitman6482

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been using this ROM since late on the 19th when it was released. No problems, but I did it by the book, with clearing the caches and such.

I do have a question: where is the wallpaper hidden on the ROM? My friend likes it and I'd like to just email him a copy, but I can't find it nestled in the ROM directories. Thanks!

xalky

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been using this ROM since late on the 19th when it was released. No problems, but I did it by the book, with clearing the caches and such.

Me too. I did it exactly as spelled out in the video and the developers page over at xda forums. This rom has been rock solid stable and fast and great battery life. When all else fails, start from virgin.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently SFR 1.1.0, CWM 3.0.0.6, and EXT4. And wanting to upgrade to SFR 1.2. As always I'm going to do my backups just in case something goes wrong or whatnot even though there is no wiping being done. Watching the video it says to use [MOD][One Click Root]ClockworkMod version 3.0.2.4[RFS & EXT4] then [RECOVERY][GPL] ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1 PURPLE UPGRADE RFS/EXT4/USB CUSTOM FOR EPIC4G. However seeing as there is [MOD][One Click Root]ClockworkMod version 3.1.0.1[RFS & EXT4] wouldn't it be easier to just go ahead and use it and avoid an extra process?

It then says I will need to flash a kernel after flashing the rom. What I'm thinking is this may be an opportunity to experiment and try a new kernel.Though other than the fact one was there with SFR 1.1.0 I didn't do anything with it so it was whatever it is by default. So should I go ahead and give [KERNEL][GPL]Genocide EC05 Kernel v1.1|1.4GhzOC as recommended in the video?

Other than those two questions everything appears to be what I'm used to doing when installing a ROM.

xalky

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont know any other way to do it, that's because I'm new to modding android. I used to do my palm phone with my eyes closed.

Personally, I would follow each and every step, exactly as outlined in the video. That's what I did and its working flawlessly. I paused that video 20 times to keep up but., the end result is a superb OS with no bugs that I've seen yet. Its speedy and smooth and easy on the battery.

I think the people that are having problems probably took some shortcuts. It really only takes about an hour for a noob like me that's learning. To get it booted into the new rom and kernal and one click.

funktron2x

Tweakerer
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey hey,

When I installed 1.2, I had DRockstar's Clean Kernel EC05 V1.05 on my old 1.1 install.

Voltage Control gives me an error that it is not supported.

Should I just grab Twilight Zone 1.1? Another one?

And I can flash that as a zip from CWM, yes?

Or must I Odin (or Heimdall)?

NEVERMIND:
I'm a moron. I'm confusing my Kernels and Modems. :)

Last edited:

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using TW 1.1 with setcpu. I'm not currently concerned with undervolting and was having some slight issues with Genocide which is why I made the switch. No problems since.

Hey hey,

When I installed 1.2, I had DRockstar's Clean Kernel EC05 V1.05 on my old 1.1 install.

Voltage Control gives me an error that it is not supported.

Should I just grab Twilight Zone 1.1? Another one?

And I can flash that as a zip from CWM, yes?

funktron2x

Tweakerer
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm using TW 1.1 with setcpu. I'm not currently concerned with undervolting and was having some slight issues with Genocide which is why I made the switch. No problems since.
Ah, and that is an issue as well.

SetCPU won't let me do anything over 1000 Mhz, and I want to try out VC for the first time.

I guess really, the main question is - can I flash the modem in CWM? Or do I need to Odin or Heimdall?

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I'm an idiot. It's the kernel, not the modem. I will and can flash. :-D

Reading comprehension FAIL!

Last edited:

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So has the issue with undervolting/Underclocking with SetCPU have been fixed? I was using SFR 1.1.0 with SetCPU and Overclock Widget (One at a time) and with the screen off there was a problem that would not allow the phone to come back from stand by. Does Anyone have info on this??

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So has the issue with undervolting/Underclocking with SetCPU have been fixed? I was using SFR 1.1.0 with SetCPU and Overclock Widget (One at a time) and with the screen off there was a problem that would not allow the phone to come back from stand by. Does Anyone have info on this??

Make sure you have the governor set to conservative, and min speed set to 200. That should fix the screen wake issue.

Sent from my Epic 4G

mikezot

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any problem with the bluetooth with linking it with their in car system? It always seemed a little buggy whith the phone and never had a problem with my HTC hero connecting but as of today it will not link anymore. Sometime when it would connect, it would just say bluetooth radio with frequency and then sometime it would correct itself but. Nothing now. The phone will see the car bluetooth and say it's connecting but never does. Any help would be great. I have a 2010 chevy Equinox LTZ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52