[ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2 (Updated 6/20)

sylvio13

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just wanna say this rom is king. Best so far of any. Very solid battery life. Good performance. Nice blue touch. I love it.

One issue though with the browser- sometimes when I rotate phone the screen doesn't adjust properly and shows half the screen. Thoughts?

slwelsh

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
WiFi question

Under Eclair, I was able to turn WiFi on when the phone was in Airplane Mode. (Activating airplane mode with WiFi on would turn it off, but you could then turn it back on.)

Now that I am on SRF 1.1.0 I notice this is no longer possible. Honestly, I was not on the stock EC05 release long enough to notice what the behavior was there.

Is there a relatively simple fix for this? If not, perhaps it could be considered for inclusion in the next release.

Being able to turn Airplane Mode and WiFi on at the same time is handy because more and more flights are offering in-flight WiFi, but all cellular radios must remain off. Also, I spend a fair amount of time in places with no cell signals at all, not even 1X, yet I still have WiFi access. With the cellular radio on, the phone blows through battery searching for signal. Worse, if there's a marginal signal, it's constantly beeping to let me know I am going in and out of service (another tone I'd prefer to do without).

Thanks.

-Sean

Keesag

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Odin to Stock EC05

I am currently running this ROM, just curious because I am not clear on anything I've read thus far... If I ODIN back to stock EC05, are there any issues with now being on EXT4?, or will it re-convert to the RFS file system?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am currently running this ROM, just curious because I am not clear on anything I've read thus far... If I ODIN back to stock EC05, are there any issues with now being on EXT4?, or will it re-convert to the RFS file system?

If you were to pick anything from the link below, these will completely reset your phone back to whichever stock OS you choose. (Eclair 2.1 DI18 or Froyo EB13) These packages will also reset your phone back to RFS system, with no traces or effects from EXT4 left behind.
[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

If you pick either one of these packages from the link below it will also reset your phone and provide what it says.. Official EC05 Froyo, etc. etc..
Stock Pre-Rooted Deodexed Zipaligned Png Optimized EC05 Tar 4/7/2011 Fixed Both Tars

Bottom line, Odin will reset everything and place whatever it is your flashing on your device unless it is otherwise stated.

Reactions: Keesag

cocolin3

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
How do I turn journaling on? These force closes are really irritating me. Everytime I get one, I have to reflash the rom, and its getting annoying.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
How do I turn journaling on? These force closes are really irritating me. Everytime I get one, I have to reflash the rom, and its getting annoying.

You will need to first start with a fresh flash of Syndicate.

- Go into CWM and wipe everything 3x

- Flash Syndicate

- Boot up and play around for a few make sure everything is okay.

- Shut down your device normally.

- Boot into CWM and make a Nandroid Backup

- Immediately turn around and wipe everything again 3x

- Restore your Nandroid Backup you just made

Journaling is now enabled. Reboot your device and enjoy :)

This should clear up any future problems you may have been having due to journaling being disabled. It worked for me. Journaling will stay enabled unless you flash the Syndicate ROM or any other "no journaling enabled" ROM over it.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed this ROM this afternoon and am having several FC issues. These two keep FCing on me android.process.media and Marked (process com.android.vending). Any ideas?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed this ROM this afternoon and am having several FC issues. These two keep FCing on me android.process.media and Marked (process com.android.vending). Any ideas?

vending, is linked to the Market. Goto settings>applications>manage applications and goto Market and clear data/cache.

That should handle that FC (the Market was just updated again last few days)

I think the other android.process.media maybe also linked to this also...

Try clearing the cache/data, if that doesn't resolve it then goto that same section for Market and uninstall the updates and see if that fixes the problem.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
vending, is linked to the Market. Goto settings>applications>manage applications and goto Market and clear data/cache.

That should handle that FC (the Market was just updated again last few days)

I think the other android.process.media maybe also linked to this also...

Try clearing the cache/data, if that doesn't resolve it then goto that same section for Market and uninstall the updates and see if that fixes the problem.

When I wiped data, partition, and Dalvik cache's didn't it wipe the Market cache?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
When I wiped data, partition, and Dalvik cache's didn't it wipe the Market cache?

Yes it would of. I would still try settings>apps>manage apps>Market (clear cache/data)

If that doesn't work then you may need to flash the ROM again, sometimes it just takes a second go around to get it working...

Reactions: 5111

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried reflashing the ROM again and hope that it works.

Question: Do you download all of your apps from the Market and then to a Batch Titanium Backup restoration for data, or do you do them one at a time?

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I think that I'm about to ditch this ROM. I got the two other FCs to stop, but now I keep getting TwLauncher (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) force closing.

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried reflashing the ROM again and hope that it works.

Question: Do you download all of your apps from the Market and then to a Batch Titanium Backup restoration for data, or do you do them one at a time?

I download my apps from Market and then do a data restore only for the apps that are a bother to set up again.

cocolin3

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
All I know is that I Tried Journaling on, and when I initally started it, It forced closed everything. Until a fix comes, Im going shopping. Ive been on this ROM for a while, but all these issues keep turning me away

aristarchus

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
3rd party I think

Force closes often reflect data corruption. If you have used a non-journaling ROM in the past, that can cause it, and you may need to start from scratch. That issue won't change with a new ROM.

I would carefully restore one app at a time, to see if you can find the problem. I've never had good success with the batch restore of everything, on any ROM.

Flashing twice is a common requirement for many ROMS, for whatever reason. When moving to a new ROM, I usually wipe everything x3, then flash twice, and haven't had any problems (other than known issues).

I really like this ROM, but some people seem to have a problem installing it. Fixing permissions is important after any restore, particularly the nandroid restore you use to turn journaling back on.

I am using Genocide Kernal right now, just to play around. On my wife's epic I think I'll probably keep 1.02 which had insane batterly life for me, and it ran with the EC05 modem just fine for me for over a week.

We'll see, hopefully we'll have another update soon.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Force closes often reflect data corruption. If you have used a non-journaling ROM in the past, that can cause it, and you may need to start from scratch. That issue won't change with a new ROM.

I would carefully restore one app at a time, to see if you can find the problem. I've never had good success with the batch restore of everything, on any ROM.

Flashing twice is a common requirement for many ROMS, for whatever reason. When moving to a new ROM, I usually wipe everything x3, then flash twice, and haven't had any problems (other than known issues).

I really like this ROM, but some people seem to have a problem installing it. Fixing permissions is important after any restore, particularly the nandroid restore you use to turn journaling back on.

I am using Genocide Kernal right now, just to play around. On my wife's epic I think I'll probably keep 1.02 which had insane batterly life for me, and it ran with the EC05 modem just fine for me for over a week.

We'll see, hopefully we'll have another update soon.

This is the first time that I have used a ROM.

I don't understand this statement
Fixing permissions is important after any restore, particularly the nandroid restore you use to turn journaling back on.
I didn't do a restore, other than the Titanium Backup data restoration. And what do you mean about turning journaling on?

I updated to EXT4, wiped everything 3 times, then flashed the ROM. Was I supposed to do something else?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid