[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Alex Janko

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
So...I am probably getting an OV very soon and had two questions:

1. Is WiFi tethering working in ANY build (and what one)

2. List of steps to flash said build with a -2Ext script
Links are helpful...

Okay...3 questions

3. How's battery life? (hours / compared to stock)

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Links are helpful...

Okay...3 questions

1. Wifi Teathering only works in Gingerbread roms.
2. Just flash the scripts like a rom in recovery.
3. Battery life kinda sucks. But that's because this is still alpha.

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Links are helpful...

Okay...3 questions

3rd party tether apps (like barnacle and the like) work fine.

Battery life is good if you disable Google now, but still not as good as GB ROMs.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Links are helpful...

Okay...3 questions

1. Seconding ZackVortex
2. Flash it like you would when you flash a new rom in recovery. With this particular one, it's flash rom, flash gapps, flash virgin fix, flash the INT2EXT script (for me the fixed ones worked over the original stock ones, the links are somewhere in this thread) and then if needed, flash one of the test kernels mentioned in the OP, wipe dalvik, then profit.

3. Somewhat inconsistent. This ROM is particularly touchy it seems in low signal (or high dBm) areas over others. On average, I can squeeze a 9 to 5 with 35-40% left on normal usage (normal for me is browsing web pages, watching a few minutes of video off my SD card, up to 2 hours of Spotify and my endless push from Gmail (real-time) and Twitter (every 20 mins)), if where I work wasn't so touchy tower-wise.

vmajalca

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
S2E not recognize the sd ext or I can not use the ext partition,
I had to force the installation of s2e because play store told me he could not supports the device ls670

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Um sometimes when I'm using my phone. It freezes completely. Like there's no coming out of it. Buttons don't work and touching the screen is hopeless. The only way to get out of it is pulling the battery but when i do that the phone is done. Like i boot up and it says something about having to wipe and partition again or the phone will be unstable. The only option is the click I'm feeling lucky but then i get a bunch of so and so has stopped working and that's it. The only way is to go to a back up or reflash. Can anyone help with avoiding this problem? Or how to fix?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Um sometimes when I'm using my phone. It freezes completely. Like there's no coming out of it. Buttons don't work and touching the screen is hopeless. The only way to get out of it is pulling the battery but when i do that the phone is done. Like i boot up and it says something about having to wipe and partition again or the phone will be unstable. The only option is the click I'm feeling lucky but then i get a bunch of so and so has stopped working and that's it. The only way is to go to a back up or reflash. Can anyone help with avoiding this problem? Or how to fix?

Could be a few things. You should probably start over with a fresh flash. Before you do that, verify all of the md5 checksums for what you have downloaded on your sdcard. It's impossible to eliminate the possibility of a bad download unless you do this. When you have verified that all of the downloads are good, then, from recovery, wipe boot, data, system, cache, dalvik cache, and sd-ext. Some people recommend wiping each 3 times to be sure. I don't often do this, but if you are having problems, it couldn't hurt. Then flash the rom, gapps, int2ext, and the virgin patch.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Try without the sd-ext script. I had freezing issues when my sdcard was going bad. And mine was a brand new sansdisk 16gb, but bad from the start.

You could try increasing the min clock speed up one notch and not overclock. Try the older kernels like test 21 from the cai thread.

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
really, really, like this Rom!
sometimes, it has trouble connecting back to mobile data. either from Wi-Fi, or from roaming without data.
I also really miss Bluetooth! Any chance on this getting fixed? or, is there not enough room for the libs in system?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
really, really, like this Rom!
sometimes, it has trouble connecting back to mobile data. either from Wi-Fi, or from roaming without data.
I also really miss Bluetooth! Any chance on this getting fixed? or, is there not enough room for the libs in system?

This bit of info and patch might work for data connection issues [BUG] CM9/CM10 Data connectivity bug - unFIXED, it seems - xda-developers
See post 9 for the connectivity checker app on Play is another temp fix

Play around with these lines in the build.prop

Add this and reboot
mobiledata.interfaces=rmnet0,rmnet1,rmnet2

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1

Try deleting it and reboot.
or try different variations in that line:

ro.telephony.ril.v3=skipbrokendatacall,signalstrength

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,1

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,facilitylock,datacall,1

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,1

Last edited:

hdjohnson

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
New audio routing fixes thanks to Bytecodex. Mainly speakerphone fixes. Untested so give them a try. They should work in JBC also.

View attachment 63181 New audio routing fixes from Bytecodex.

View attachment 63182 This returns you back to the old audio files

I flashed the audiofix2 on my LG Optimus V, but it didn't fix the issue with the speakerphone during phone calls.

However, that doesn't stop me from using this excellent ROM. Thank you thekraven for your excellent work.

Howard

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the audiofix2 on my LG Optimus V, but it didn't fix the issue with the speakerphone during phone calls.

However, that doesn't stop me from using this excellent ROM. Thank you thekraven for your excellent work.

Howard

Thanks for the feedback, it's similar audio code that we've been running for about a month. You might also check music and call quality.

hdjohnson

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, it's similar audio code that we've been running for about a month. You might also check music and call quality.

Speakerphone for Music works great and is nice and loud. Call quality is just fine. During a phone call if I select the speakerphone it seems muted. Thank you for your respone.

Howard.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I got a system UIDs are inconsistent, or whatever its called notification after reboot.

Last time I got these were on A26 and it was so messed up, I had to reflash every time that happened. But on this one, everything seems fine. Any way to fix it then?

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This bit of info and patch might work for data connection issues [BUG] CM9/CM10 Data connectivity bug - unFIXED, it seems - xda-developers
See post 9 for the connectivity checker app on Play is another temp fix

Play around with these lines in the build.prop

Add this and reboot
mobiledata.interfaces=rmnet0,rmnet1,rmnet2

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1

Try deleting it and reboot.
or try different variations in that line:

ro.telephony.ril.v3=skipbrokendatacall,signalstrength

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,1

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,facilitylock,datacall,1

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,1

not sure what you mean by mess with?
should I just try each of them?