T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I am confused as well. I called T mobile about returning the Note 7 since now there is no clear date as to when the new version will be available. I asked if I could get an S7 edge as a loaner and was told it might take a week. So then I asked if I should go to a T-MOBILE store and see if they have the edge. I was then told I could, but that the stores only do permanent replacements! I told the rep I only wanted a temp phone! So I agreed to wait a week for an edge phone. I asked if I had to return the note 7 with box/accessories and was told phone only. A few hours later I get an eip and it seems I still have to pay fees for it. Not too happy since I had paid off the note 7 already. BTW, the local Tmo store told me they were expecting the phone to come back at the end of October.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am confused as well. I called T mobile about returning the Note 7 since now there is no clear date as to when the new version will be available. I asked if I could get an S7 edge as a loaner and was told it might take a week. So then I asked if I should go to a T-MOBILE store and see if they have the edge. I was then told I could, but that the stores only do permanent replacements! I told the rep I only wanted a temp phone! So I agreed to wait a week for an edge phone. I asked if I had to return the note 7 with box/accessories and was told phone only. A few hours later I get an eip and it seems I still have to pay fees for it. Not too happy since I had paid off the note 7 already. BTW, the local Tmo store told me they were expecting the phone to come back at the end of October.
You will get an EIP charge on your bill but they will go in and credit it back.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
To me I think this is the biggest story of them all so far.

Millions of people per day use the NY and NJ transit system. The people who work for the transit will now be on the lookout for these phones and who knows what happens now.

I wonder if they can force hundreds of people to do that? Plus, how can personnel tell the difference between a note 7 and an S7? That's going to be interesting...

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Received mine as well. Spent several hours getting everything setup so that its ready when needed and all I need to do is swap my SIM.

Until my trip and after my trip, I'll use the Note 7 and hope replacements arrive. If that arbitrary 9/30 date doesn't change, I guess I'll turn the Note in and just have no phone payment for however long it takes for replacement to arrive.

Samsung pay finally got my $20 gift card reissued. Only took them 15 days.

I also went ahead and submitted the promotion on the S7 Edge since there's no telling how long I'll have the phone.
I haven't even tried to get my Samsung Posy credit sorted out. I honestly don't know if I'll bother. May just try and get the new 10 buck one. My Edge works ok,is just the little things that bug me about it. The way it handles defaults is stupid, for example. And it just doesn't feel as nice in the hand. It's not a bad phone. If I never had the Note it messy not even bother me.

Edit: and the autocorrect is even weirder than the Note 7s as well. Never thought I'd say that.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
BTW, on a side note, I decided to do away with the screen protector on the N7 while I wait. I love it! I see no scratches so far...and I have used the stylus quite a bit...

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I haven't even tried to get my Samsung Posy credit sorted out. I honestly don't know if I'll bother. May just try and get the new 10 buck one. My Edge works ok,is just the little things that bug me about it. The way it handles defaults is stupid, for example. And it just doesn't feel as nice in the hand. It's not a bad phone. If I never had the Note it messy not even bother me.

Edit: and the autocorrect is even weirder than the Note 7s as well. Never thought I'd say that.

These are my only complaints with the Edge. If it had the Grace UX I think I would be pretty much satisfied. I do have to say the Edge on the N7 is definitely more user friendly.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just called the Tmobile store closest to me. All out of the edge but said to call after 1 after UPS stops by. The hits just keep coming with this phone :( If they don't get any I will either just get a refund, or call stores 30 miles to my south and see if they can hold an edge for me until tomorrow when I can get down there or have them order it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My Note 5 is set to arrive today via UPS. I'm thinking of not even opening the box, and just sending it right back. I'm still using the Note 7, as it's working great with no heat issues. Plus, I still have an S6 lying around that works fine. I'm just concerned that somehow by activating the Note 5, it will be a hassle if and when the new Note 7 arrives and it's time to trade it in.
I didn't know at the time, that I could've ordered the replacement online. I was in the Tmobile store probably an hr on Saturday they veered packed with various customers for other things.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
For what its worth.....

I ordered my S7 Edge loaner yesterday and now when I look on T-mo at my original order of my Note 7 they have put a "z" next to it.

Never seen that before. The rep on the phone also told me that putting in for a loaner also puts me in the system for when the updated Notes come out.

Do you think they are going in order of people who are getting loaners will get the new notes first?
I was on Twitter DM yesterday and every time I asked a question, a different person would reply. Each one seemed to have their own take on everything I asked. They told me that there is no "waiting list" for when new phones come in. When they are in, anyone can come in and get a new one or replacement. For people that sat on theirs, there seems to be no advantage for them. They still have to go through the whole returns process. You aren't just walking in and switching out the phones.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think T-mobile has no idea how long this will play out. This is why they are still issuing "loaners". . It's basically their way of saying "Here's a phone to use. New ones will be out in 2-4 weeks. Get on with your life. Don't call us. We'll call you when they're available."
I just had questions on how they were going to bill me for simultaneous JOD's on each line. No one could even answer that accurately.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
These are my only complaints with the Edge. If it had the Grace UX I think I would be pretty much satisfied. I do have to say the Edge on the N7 is definitely more user friendly.
Honestly, Grace UX and the hardware design are the reasons I considered the Note in the first place. I've never been a fan of TouchWiz and I thought Samsung finally got it right this time. The seamless curves and the black aluminum are so nice looking and feeling I was sold. I'd never used a Note other than in stores, so the spen wasn't something I was used to our sold on. I would've never considered Samsung before the Note 7.

It's a testament to how great the Note 7 is that I didn't give up and get something else when all this started.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if our return period will extend past September 30 if they don't get the new note 7's in?

Or do we still only have til the 30 of this month to return, and after that we will only have the option to exchange?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if our return period will extend past September 30 if they don't get the new note 7's in?

Or do we still only have til the 30 of this month to return, and after that we will only have the option to exchange?
If they don't get the new ones out before the 30th they'll have to extend it.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Relax.

Use the supplied charger or go wireless charge like me.

And use the phone as normal, when the replacements come in, swap out.

If you are the type that BATHE in anti-microbial soap 3x a day, swap it out now for a loaner S7.

I plan on using my phone until the replacements come in and then I will do a swap out. The news of massive loss of life and property associated to the device....well, if you believe the media, that is your problem. I have never seen such mamby-pamby crying. I never had a iPhone, did they go thru this two years ago? We have become fragile snowflakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.