terrible bugs in my Gnex

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You sound absolutely ridiculous. This phone is different than no other.

You need to calm down. I was just trying to play devil's advocate and point out things that may be the case. All previous Nexus phones have been GSM models and, I was thinking that maybe the Galaxy Nexus wasn't initially meant to be made as a CDMA phone. I'm probably one of the biggest Nexus fans on the forum. I don't think I gave you any reason be to be rude.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Who told you that? Please don't come here making up things and then get made when you get called out on it. RIDICULOUS!

I'm not mad at all. You're not making any sense now. You only quoted part of my statement and, don't seem to be understanding me clearly. Anyway, you win and can have the last word.

potam

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
No. No hotspot.. verizon locked it down...it requires a subscription:':)mad:

Have you tried tethering via BT? I got the subscription message when I tried via wifi, but nothing happened when I checked the bluetooth thether box. I'll check it out in a minute

potam

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got excited for a second because I was able to load pages while tethered via BT. Then I realized I was still connected to my wifi on my phone. Switched over to 4g and a big NOPE.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
LTE is a GSM-derived technology whereas WiMax is CDMA-derived. This conflicting technology is part of the reason why:

1) Verizon is trying to obliterate their voice and 3G networks entirely by 2015, leaving behind a pure LTE-Advanced network for both voice and data
2) So many 4G LTE Verizon phones have had so many issues this year

This goes in line with why Verizon is paying you up to $100 if you sign up for a 2 year contract with a 4G phone from a 3G phone. The sooner they can take down their 1x and 3G networks, the better (less conflicts, less hardware == lower priced devices, less money to maintain the disparate networks, etc).

So, in short, yes, it is very plausible that the G Nexus is delayed because of radio problems (whereas in EU it's being sold on time). Furthermore, there is a clear correlation between the G Nexus delay Tuesday night last week and the nationwide 4G LTE network going down. I'm not saying the VZW testers using the Nexus caused the takedown, but the two events could not have been a coincidence.

I wanted to say something that I thought was totally weird about that outage......so I live in lancaster county pennsylvania. I have a freind who uses a verizon hotspot as his internet connection and it is capable of 3g or 4g speeds. He lives in Mount Joy. We do not have 4g here and as far as i know are not scheduled to have 4g anytime soon. The night before the outage he was surfing the net and noticed that his web pages were loading at a lightning quick pace he downloaded some movies at break neck speed.....and of course when he looked at his hot spot the 4g light was on. Apparently they turned 4g on here before they turned it off everywhere else. And so this on topic....blah blah....give me my damn Nexus! :D

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I agree. What's the point of having the phone first if you don't get the final working version. I heard over a week ago that 4.1 was pushed out to the testers and heard it made night & day improvements over the 4.0.1 builds. You can't fault the phone or Verizon for your issues until it's official.

maybe that's why they're holding it. maybe google told them the update will be ready by the 9th and it wasn't and they don't want to release the phone until the update is ready upon activation else they'll get a slew of returns. so in that case, it's not on verizon, but on google because they haven't finished the update.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
All i know is the more i use the nexus the more frustrated i am getting. This is me using my business provided one now and not store demo.

Wifi is absolutely horrible for me. Very slow. I cant even stay connected to pandora nor sirius. Pretty sure it has to do with compatibility reasons with those apps but even loading websites where im at are slow compared to my personal phone droid charge.

Ice cream sandwhich is great. But i honestly think im going to hold out on this thing and wait for other mfr to port em over. I had the razr and loved it but sent it back and im not wasting my money geyting it again . Im going to go the rezound route and just be patient. It will get ics and once the rezound is rootable it will be just as good if not better. Nfc not too important to me. I used android beam with my phone and store demo. Cool and all but in real life i never needed it before.

After extensice use with rezound razr and nexus id have to say im not impressed. Screen is beautiful and feel of the phone is nice but. Speakerphone sucks. Wifi is weak . Camera is worse than a motorola. This phones strong benefit is ics and thats pretty much it. Its a developer phone.. big deal. The dev community has better development on most of these phones than the manufactures do.

Im sorry for the negative post. But im just giving u all my thoughts. Especially from someone who has been using it over a week and using all of our latest hgh end phones.

Im giving the nexus one more shot with this next os update. If it doesnt fix a few issues than im passing.. i havr my upgradr and my gfs. Maybe down the road it will live up.to its potential anf maybe at that time ill make the purchase. But in its current form it isnt worth it.

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
Im obsessed with mine and have 0 problems that are being reported in this thread....im on 4.01 and i was the lucky 1 of 3 who scored on on Sunday from best buy..... sooo... i dunno...

my wifi is on and works great
i'm pulling 30+ down with 4g lte.
no dropped calls
no speaker issues.

the ONLY bug is the talk to text that doesnt work when using it in the browser, for example; posting in the forum.
other wise talk to text is amazing in emails and text messages

Reactions: qnet and greydarrah

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Im obsessed with mine and have 0 problems that are being reported in this thread....im on 4.01 and i was the lucky 1 of 3 who scored on on Sunday from best buy..... sooo... i dunno...

no dropped calls
no speaker issues.

the ONLY bug is the talk to text that doesnt work when using it in the browser, for example; posting in the forum.

I think they will all run this well. I really think that some people are smart phone repellant. I've enjoyed every smart phone I've owned and been mostly trouble free with them all (even the Storm 1 and 2), but there are always threads of how terrible every device is. I think some are made up (probably by iphone lovers), some are users that always install the same crappy bug ridden apps, and some that are owned by people who are cursed.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

no dropped calls
no speaker issues.

Well ur lucking out.... idk.. im giving this thing a chance once the update comes through.. my benefit is that this is equipment provided to me so its not like its my personal device yet.. but if it keepa it up it wont be lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk